Recommendations Invincible

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, May 30, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    No one made a thread for this? Check your priorities guys.
    Great show, I don't mind comic book logic like why would they throw a baseball around the world when it could damage something or even kill people(it would burn out in the first place), or the mobile phone working at all in space(I don't mean the signal) or breathing in at the top of the atmosphere...just those sewer cyborgs bothered me. The don't look that strong, I mean sure super human like captain America, maybe a bit stronger but Invincible is super alien strong, he stops asteroids and tunnels trough dozens of meters of solid Earth, how the fuk do some steel/titanium or whatever alloy cyborgs beat him up? Even if it was some super alloy and a super power source, they still have a third or more flesh body which is weak as shit.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a fantastic show that hits every note and I highly recommend it.

5. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched it yet. Just letting it marinate for now.
    All of a sudden, we have these superhero comic book series outside of Marvel and DC getting adopted. Which is great. But I think I'm growing out of superhero genre pretty fast.

The Boys S2 was a miss for me. Jupiter's Legacy's cgi sucks. No, everything about it sucks. Thank goodness they animated Invincible. Amazon even renewed it for Season 2 and 3 already. Looking forward to it. Though I might get hooked immediately, hope it keeps me invested in the long run.

Also, before anyone says how cool Invincible title openings are; Barry did it first.

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say Invincible is in between DC and The Boys. There is gore, one of the good guys is actually a bad guy, heroes are parody copies of DC but they are actually heroes instead of twisted douchebags like in The Boys. There is also no sick humor, just the regular one.
    Haven't thought much of title openings.

anotherAniket likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought about what Alan said about his race that got nearly wiped out. They had breeding camps, first nearly extinct race with common sense, everyone else like Vulkans is fine with slowly perishing.