LCD I Don’t Care, So Let Me Go Home!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, May 30, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-dont-care-so-let-me-go-home/

[​IMG]

I've only started reading this novel and it seems to be pretty cute. The author is definitely trying for super cute. However, it also seems to be a bit forced at times, so I don't know how long I can endure this.

The premise of the story is that the female MC doesn't want to be involved with the social and court intrigue happening among the high nobility, yet keeps getting caught up with it. This is especially so when the story opens with her getting called out as a witness by the Crown Prince for the alleged assault on his favored girl by his fiance (you know, the typical Otome trope), thus bringing her into everybody's attention. She just wants to laze around at home doing mundane girly things.

Side note: I don't know if this is a mistake on the author's part or if it's a self delusion by the MC saying that her family is minor nobility. Her father is an Earl and my understanding is that Earls are mid-level nobility.

Speaking of which, the MC really is delusional. She tries to rationalize away things she doesn't want to think about. In particular, the reverse harem she's involuntarily attracting. I suppose this is to fit this story into the Misunderstanding genre.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the setting, ranks could means different things in different world.
    Plus minor could mean anything under a certain rank, with no mid tier in the world of the story. It would make sense if this was one of the settings where Royals are expected to find a spouse within certain ranks, anyone outside those ranks would likely becomes minor nobles as they are not getting as much consideration in court since they are not good enough to marry the royals.
    That and minor nobility could be in terms of influence, not rank, there are various reasons why someone could have a rank and not the influence that would go with it, like a lack of wealth, or connections/allies.