Discussion people who have had a relationship, what is it like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Meloonseed, Jun 3, 2021.

?

Have you ever dated someone?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
  1. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, you there. If you've clicked on this thread, then you may or may not have or had have a partner. Whether you have or have not had a relationship, I have some questions to ask you. I'm curious, because despite the copious amounts of romance novels and manga I've read, I've never actually been in a relationship, and I know next to nothing as to how they actually work. I know, shocking right? /j

Now, I have some questions for all of you.
    For those of you who've never had a relationship, what is your perception of relationships like? Is it something that you desperately want but can't attain? Is it something that you don't particularly care for? How do you think someone falls in love and ends up in a relationship with someone?

As for those of you who have had a relationship, what is it like? Did you confess, and what was your thought process when you did so? Who was your partner before she/he or you confessed? A fellow student? A colleague? A friend?

Share whatever you'd like about your romantic relationships. I want to learn about how relationships work, but I also want to learn about other people's perceptions about relationships.

2. Deleted member 318062

Deleted member 318062 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute. FndKhdbszmzjja

3. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    D : <
    I'm serious about wanting to learn!!!

4. Deleted member 349875

Deleted member 349875 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My past relationships are all toxic and abusive

5. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I've never been on a relationship ~ I've never really thought of having one ~

Meloonseed likes this.
  6. Deleted member 318062

Deleted member 318062 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Google is healthy love <3
    But for all serousness here was all my past relationship;
    Love is a close bond with another that goes deeper than affection, attraction, lust, or friendship. It's a deep mutual expression of respect, trust, honesty, integrity, intimacy, chemistry, and partnership. Love is something best experienced together. You find it in each other, not separately. We were both quite smitten with each other but unfortunetly they were a fail..

Meloonseed likes this.
  7. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I was dating a little boy once when I was a kid we didn’t speak the same language but he was really cute and I like teasing him I’d pinch his cheeks a lot I got in that habit from watch people do it in movies and tv shows he’d always kiss me on my cheek and hold my hand and was super affectionate so either we had a cute brotherly relationship or we were dating

I always wanted a brother and was at a emotionally vulnerable time when this happened I moved to this new neighbourhood and became friends with a older neighbour boy I idolised him I wanted him to be my older brother cause I was always jealous of brothers as a only child he end up grooming me into his sex toy from the age of 7-10 then abandoned me

Meloonseed likes this.
  8. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm.
    This thread got a bit darker than I thought it would.

9. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not shocking. I know a lot here who are like this.

• As for those of you who have had a relationship, what is it like?
    It's not so different from day to day life tbh relationships are too romanticized that people think you should always feel on top of the world when you have one.

I'll pass over the other two questions lol
    Relationships work when two people work on it. Give and take. It's best when both are mature enough to understand the needs and wants of the other and to speak out about what they want to say.

It's not an everyday cloud9 thing, well in the beginning it might. But once that phase passes, that's when you'll get to know the other person more.

ANonMouse and Meloonseed like this.
  10. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I’m ace and have never felt any attraction to another person, whether sexually or romantically. But imo, a healthy relationship is built on trust and effort. I think the process of falling in love is gradual; love at first sight sounds like bs to me. As for how to end up in a relationship, one of the parties has to take a leap and pray their romantic affection is returned. But some precursors like flirting can be a helpful sign to see if the other party is interested.

Meloonseed likes this.
  11. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, flirting is a thing. It's a pretty obvious thing if you think about it, but in novels and anime, characters barely ever flirt, or we barely ever see the flirting process. It makes sense though, trying to sound out whether the person you like likes you back. But that usually means you have to be decent friends first... I see.

Ahhh

My multi quote is broken!!!

12. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As you get older, relationship is not like in highschool, stating it like girlfriend/boyfriend.
    You just go out together and spend time together.
    Now this is where things get messy. Some people just take advantage of other people. You learn about your partner from this part, like what they are stating to be like, and what they are really like. The most important thing to know? How they treat important people in their life and whats the commitment to their words are. This is gonna be your future.

When you are young, sex gonna be the only thing in your mind. As you build family, there are monetary considerations, child caring, sickness problems, etc.

Commitments to other people beyond of what both of you are capable of right now is needed.

Fulminata, Meloonseed and melomarl like this.
  13. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    It is exciting yes, if you put it in a way that you're living not only for yourself anymore. Then, you'll get used to the person's presence in your life especially if it's a long-term relationship. But having a long-term partner doesn't mean you can't get excited anymore, yall just gotta find new things to experience every now and then~

ANonMouse, nyamachi and Meloonseed like this.
  14. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    multi quoteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ill keep this advice for if i ever get a bf or gf!!!!

15. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Had my first and last bf when I was 7th grade. He used to give me cheap menthol candies every once in a while. We broke up because he said (according to my ex-bestie) he felt like I made him my candy supplier. We're one grade level apart.

Just had some 'flings' or whatever online when I was in 9th grade after that. And now I'm not into relationships or dating anymore. I'm happy with my fictional husbands/wives.

reizleigh and Meloonseed like this.
  16. HarukaNise

HarukaNise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honey, relationships are rickroll, rollercoaster rides full of either teeth rotting fluff or burning rages that can't be calmed by storms.

Question; Are you sure you want to start a relationship? Everytime you hear a girl talk about her boyfriend almost all you'd hear are complaints. Are you SURE you want to be that person complaining or be that person being complained about?

Well if this makes things easier then,
    One: you should forget about love. Start a relationship first the loving can go after (If you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) (jk don't take one seriously)
    Two; Relationships can go both ways either you on top or you on bottom. Trust me honey you do NOT want to be in the receiving end of a relationship.
    Three; You might end up thinking that you only want to go out with a guy you love, but you see honey love is too vague a term so forget that and go find someone who'll treat you well.

You know I don't have much experience with relationships I've only been with a few guys and never had a crush other than 2d characters don't take the advice if you don't want to :blobshh:

Meloonseed likes this.
  17. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been in a relationsh-t a lot and I must say that it's nice to be in a relationship there's someone who'll be worried if u don't eat HAHAHAHA someone who'll be saying goodnights and mornings :ROFLMAO: but srsly it's not that great especially if you're not that 'serious' with him/her. I broke up with my past relationships when they started to get 'too clingy' and being 'possessive' like 'your short is too short' 'who's that guy why are u talking to him' 'why did u react to his status' 'What did u talk with ur friends is it about guys?' 'give me all your passcodes' wtf is wrong with u I don't like it so yea bye. Be independent don't rely too much to him/her.

nyamachi and Meloonseed like this.
  18. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I want to start a relationship? Hmmm. I do think I want to start one, seeing how everyone else seems to be in relationships, and the experience would probably be nice, even if I end up being complained about by my partner.
    For the second one... I think you can maybe be in relationships where both are equal... one where you cuddle and do fun stuff together, and just spending time with each other...
    "don't have much experience with relationships" "only been with a few guys"
    you sound pretty experienced :blobdizzy:

I've never been in a relationship either, but I've thought lots about having one :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Very many crushes, and at the time of them, I was too scared to confess to any of them:notlikeblob:

19. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat* *pat*
    Nuf can be pretty random

Meloonseed likes this.
  20. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    BACK WHEN I WAS ON HIGHSCHOOL MY PARENTS IS TOO STRICT WHEN IT COMES TO ME SO THEY DON'T KNOW THAT I'M HAVING RELATIONSHIPS BEHIND THEIR BACK NOW I'M 20 THEY STILL WON'T LET ME HAVE BOYFRIEND!! so just a piece of advice it's good to have a relationship when your 'legal' to both parties. u can cuddle together for free anytime anywhere :cry:RIP

Meloonseed likes this.