Spoiler It's No Use Hanging On

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aihi8, Oct 19, 2020.

1. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I was confused about, too! I was translating that quote, and I was like—"wait, really? The second prince? But isn't Faylon the second... uh. Nevermind." Went back to check, and the raws don't lie. They definitely put emphasis on it being the second prince. When Diella reveals that it was the second prince who [REDACTED], the quote goes like this: "2황자 전하이신." Of course, if you put that into a translator, it's going to be fussy, so I'll replace '2' with '둘째', which is 'second' in Korean. "둘째황자 전하이신." translates to "His Majesty the Second Prince." Still checks out.

Not sure why the artist decided to put Reagan's face there—unsuspecting viewers who check out the raws would think that it was Reagan who did the things that Diella said. Though... she could always be lying. :blobdizzy: Whether Diella's telling the truth, it's a typo, or it's for real, we'll have to wait to find out... in the next chapter!
    Okay, whew! The translators I used were rather fussy about pronouns (whether they be in first, second, or third perspective), so it makes sense that I might've made a mistake here and there about who people were referring to. It comforts me to know that Diella was possibly marrying Travis' brother, as opposed to—erm. Her own.

kawaii12345, Korleone and its0k like this.
  2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, she’s definitely married to Travis’ brother, it was mentioned in the first chapters of the novel.

RakaSarkar, beazacha and honeymochi like this.
  3. Sevygny

Sevygny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    −제게 비에나를 오르셰 가문으로 보내라고 하신 분은 5황자 전하이십 니다.
    this is the quote from the novel

honeymochi and its0k like this.
  4. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a theory of mine:
    Reagan have been planning to become the crown prince from the beginning. But to do so, he needs ally, and he picked De Orsia, with Kaira as a doll who was blindly in love with him and in case he'll need something as an escape rope, he also brought in Vienna to De Orsias.
    Kaira was obedient and foolhardly became his shield and tools to claim the throne, the 2nd Prince, Faylon, who was the oldest and favored couldn't do anything to him, sine he loves Kaira and he only wanted her to live happy and safe (well, she's the one who was wrong and the guy already did his best by trading the crown for holy water).
    Kaira eventually became... haggard looking, and fragile from shielding Reagan by drinking a poison that was meant for him. Reagan doesn't want to be a king known in history as a shameless guy who wasted his 1st wife to be a shield. Reagan is a man that put his image in public 1st, so he ends up with Vienna and dumping Kaira despite all she have done for him.
    Oh well, not this time though.
    Kaira have been making sure that Reagan and Vienna are in love while she and Faylon as well been deepening their relationship, this because she wants to make sure, that if rumors were to go around about her and Reagan, it'll be a checkmate for Reagan since that means he's dumping Vienna for an engaged woman who have '0' interest on him.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Nia2760, SusuPisang, Dobokan and 9 others like this.
  5. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see! Thank you for correcting me. :blobhighfive: I haven't read the (few) free chapters available on Kakao, yet, but I should get to doing that soon so I can get a better feel on details that the manhwa glossed over.
    What the Hell!
    'The one who told me to send Vienna to the de Orsia family is the fifth prince.
    So, was it a typo after all? :facepalm: Unless the author's taking a drastically different route from the novel... though, I doubt it. Just so you guys don't think I'm pulling your leg, here are the parts of the raw where it mentions the second prince.

6. Rika77

Rika77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting! so judging by this spoiler
    Valon will still become an emperor but will eventually leave to be the archduke’s son in law. There are several more siblings in the imperial family except for the sh*thead Rakan, so I guess there were reliable people among them. Maybe Valon wasn’t that much interested in becoming emperor to begin with and gladly left thr position to his sibling like Cayenna from the Villainess is a marionette did. Or maybe it’s the way it’s written in the review that it looks like he left the position, but could be that he’ll just have good interactions with his father in law.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Nia2760, Yume-sama, NoirB and 10 others like this.
  8. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    To leave power, that is equal to it for love. Oh well, I won't say typical since, yikes! The whole family drama was a riot.
    A cousin that's actually a half sister, and Kaira, who was daughter of a marquis was actually a daughter of a duchy.
    Yep, nobles. They do really need to think on inventing birth control...

Nia2760, noula, Tofufufu and 6 others like this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m now curious how the hell did MC’s mother end up married to the father. At that time he was a second son of a countryside baron and didn’t even have a title. He’s not that charming either, and we know MC’s mother didn’t love him because she had a child with another man. I don’t see him as a prospective arranged marriage partner for the Marquis family heiress too. So how the hell did he get into this family?
    Judging by his opportunistic attitude I won’t be surprised if it was his plot to break up MC’s mother with the archduke by saying it was him who her knocked up or by manipulating her similar to what he did to MC in the previous timeline.
    Also I’m wondering if the Empress’ hate towards MC has anything to do with her mother’s affair with the archduke. With how things go it is possible she’s using Rakan in a life long plot of making MC’s mother and MC (as a seed of love with archduke) miserable, because otherwise I don’t get how a dumb daughter of a countryside baron can be a better fit for a prince according to her words in the previous tl than a dignified heiress of Marquis with real money, family connections and power.

10. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc’s mother had a child with another man?! I thought that was only mc’s father (with her cousin’s mother which had the son with her husband and daughter with mc’s father)

beazacha likes this.
  11. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaira is the child. Which, makes the inheritance complicated since both of the heiress are all half-blood tied to the marquis. Kaira from her mother, while Vienna was from her father. If anyone were to make Andreas as the heir, legitimacy is the issue since he was none other than Kaira's cousin and Vienna's half-brother. Of course, the same was for the Dukedom, since Kaira was illegitimate child born from an affair or pre-marriage between her and the current marquis De Orsia.
    And sure, the Empress might (since I haven't read much) despise Kaira due to her mother, maybe since the Empress was close to her and found out her affair with the duke, which probably she had crush on and have despised her since then.
    Also, is it just me or the Author really have to make the family tree of Kaira and Vienna to be this complicated for debate?

12. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it's MC's mother who owns the marquis title/blood not the father, then technically speaking Vienna who is the bastard child of the dad should have no legitimate right or claim to the inheritance since she isn't from the Marquis bloodline.

As for MC, she's the child of her mother so it shouldn't really matter who her biological father is, the inheritance would still go to her since she has her mom's blood making her the only true successor, right?

13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. MC is officially the only heir of the house, her father is a temporary Marquis util she grows up. He doesn’t have any rights after MC takes over no matter how many illegitimate children the father brings in. MC is the last one left to have Orsia blood.

14. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Half of the De Orsia's blood. There's a spoiler above that tells of Kaira as illegitimate daughter of late marchioness and the archduke, which means she's a questionable choice to inherit the marquis tittle and not to mention the duke tittle (which I don't know whether it was possible or not) due to her legitimacy, being a child born from an affair.

nowaynoway and Liliss like this.
  15. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How exactly would someone be considered 'full-blooded' then? Incest baby between siblings?

Illegitimate or not, Kaira is the only child of the marchioness (the real head of the family) a true Orsia and therefore the only viable heir to the house. The 'father' was just someone who married into the marchioness' family and doesn't have any stake into it other than being a temporary surrogate for MC.

The marchioness had acknowledged Kaira as her daughter and succesor so by all accounts she is the legitimate heir. And unless she has other relatives on her mother's side, then she's the ONLY one that can take up the mantle. Who her father is and wether she was born out of an affair is completely irrelevant as, again, she is the Marchioness' daughter and the one who shares her Orsia blood.

The dad and Vienna has no relations or real ties to the family other than being shameless vultures who wants to steal MC's position.

16. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, during that time, as in Medieval. Legal marriage relationship, official and legit.
    As much as indeed, she's the only one who has the right. Some might consider or even look at Kaira in displease, as she was a child born from affair of her mother while/ before she was married to Travis (the former marquis). There's religion in the setting, and most religion views affair as shameless/ immoral and violation, even more if the marchioness was married by the time of the affair. The people would also viewed Kaira and her mother as literally shameless as well, but they might take it easy since, 'They're nobles, what else could come as a shock beside war, trafficking and corruption from the likes of them?'.
    That's my opinion and by the way, half-blood was as in, B, bastard.

errorusernamesmh and Liliss like this.
  17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “People would talk that her mother is shameless” and “having troubles to inherit a title” are two different things. Even the emperor has acknowledged Rakan and no one is looking down on him now, which gave Rakan a chance to become the next emperor in his previous life beating at least 4 of his older legitimate siblings.

Also this fantasy setting has nothing to do with the real Medieval period.
    First, there is no way of having a harem of concubines in the real European Medieval where the church was dictating even bath days for people.

Second, even though the Medieval ages lasted for 10 centuries it was at no time similar to the setting from this novel. Judging by the architecture, interiors, clothes and the way people build relationships the novel’s era is more of late 1700s - early 1800s, beginning of “the long 19th century”. The influence of church wasn’t that huge and a lot of people among nobles were used to having extramarital affairs thanks to the vivid examples of their extravagant rulers.
    The example of Medieval ages can be seen in Under the Oak tree manhwa.

18. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I was too focused on reality setting than the make up, I was too short sighted. Sorry.