Discussion my friend recommended something

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Jun 20, 2021.

?

Do you like recommending or getting recommendations?

1. I like both

66.7%
  2. I only like recommending

9.5%
  3. I only like getting recommendations

4.8%
  4. I dislike both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like one but hate the other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm an unopinionated potato

14.3%
  7. *noms skullie*

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend recommended me a game. Ragnarok X or ROX. it's a classic mmorpg. Just got released. This is a friend I had from a different game. We were guildmates. But when the game shut down, no more contact till now. So last night, I tried the game... It was boring. And overwhelming. The UI is filled with stuff. The graphics are not my cup of tea. You could tap one button and the game would play itself... without you understanding what the hell is going on. There were so many things too do, it's annoying. It's a grinding type of game too, where you could afk in the world and go make your character strong.

Today, I deleted that game. For some reason, it stressed me out playing that and now I feel a little bad since it was recommended by my friend but I guess thats just how it is. Some games you're not meant to enjoy. I don't know, I just hated the thought that this game would eat up my time without substantial growth. Maybe I got used to the chill pacing of my current main game. Or the fact that trying so hard isn't efficient. I could definitely find other things to do that are more fun to me than grinding in an rpg game.

That reminds me of our old game. My guildmates sure put more effort than I ever did. They sometimes camp mini-bosses for loots. We even had a time when we raced leveling characters by chasing sudden quests around the maps haha. We even change channels sometimes. There was a complete system, we even timed the sudden quests to know the rotation and which is likely to happen next. I remember being one of the top 20 in the server to reach the current max level then. Because they're my friends, so I agreed to join their grinding. Haha, we're such no lifers xD. But now, I really can't muster the motivation to grind and farm like that. It's taxing.

Aight, that's it. Remember an instance where you loved or hated a recommendation? Novel, anime, sports, hobby, game. Anything under the sun...maybe even a relationship material! Jk jk xD

2. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm usually the one on the recommending side, but it's fine if someone doesn't like what I recommend. I used to get surprised before but now it has become pretty common. Also, I hate people who recommend potential dates. It's super annoying.

I like getting recommendations too but for some reasons I rarely get any of those unless I ask.

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is it annoying? Usually, recommending potential dates start from harmless assessing of a person. Like, oh this guy is quite nice or that girl has some beautiful smile. Then, they add "maybe you should try asking them out" like an afterthought

Return and SylviaViolet like this.
  4. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that kind of harmless recommendation. Like when they invite me out, inviting along another guy who they want me to meet. Like no, I don't want to be forced to meet random people. I'll choose when I want to and if I want to.

Baldingere and Bad Storm like this.
  5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh yah, that is indeed annoying. Bridgemakers be building bridges yet all you want to do it burn it. BURNNNNN :blobtorch:

Baldingere and SylviaViolet like this.
  6. unsungsilver

unsungsilver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have few friends, but they are really good friends, so the recommendations between us is often trusted. I would say im more on the recommending side, i recommenden the Legend of Heroes franchise to my friend who is not that into singleplayer games and now it's one of his favorite franchises, so that felt good :cookie:

And me who's not that into online games, got introduced to Path of Exile by him and now i've played it every league since 2017.

Dr_H_16 and Baldingere like this.
  7. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    My godfather lends me lots of nice books and that's very kind of him but for some reason, I never read them... I always devour all my books but his, as interesting as they might be, gather dust in a corner of my room and I still pointlessly hope I will read them so I never give them back...
    I don't think I get many recommendations for anything, I mostly find stuff myself, be it books, recipes or songs. Well I get some youtube recs.
    Ah and I was member of a bookclub, I got very good recommendations from there and gave some too. It got shut down with covid and I don't have any news since.
    As for giving recommendations, I like it but I don't do it often because my friends don't have the same hobbies and taste than I do. I gift my brother manga and I force my mom to read one of my favorite books each summer if that counts.

Dr_H_16 and unsungsilver like this.
  8. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    someone recommended me BL stuff though i never liked it and made my stomach churn (im not homophobic okayyy~) though i am fine with Shounen Ai stuff but no BL/Yaoi stuff

9. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I fucking hate boss campers, they guard the field boss area and dungeon for almost like 24 hours. They purposely camping in there for monopoly, keeping track record of bosses spawn, lay their characters motionless like dolls and when boss spawn they kill it immediately then go back AFK until bosses respawn. When me and my buddies try killing the boss thoses camper will made announcement in world chat and discord that slander us, like we're some kind of robbers.

Bad Storm likes this.
  10. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds super fun.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  11. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    It's especially hard if your class is not good at sneaking hits... I was archer then so my mob skills are quite good, but I used to have a priest friend, lol he never touched the monster before it dies because of all the people camping the boss... :blobrofl:

But well, said priest friend destroys my ass in pvp so there's that :blobpeek:

Baldingere likes this.
  12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    It's super fun when we get high quality:blobhighfive: items dropped by a boss that they have been looking for a week.:blobjoy:

Bad Storm likes this.
  13. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Once I got recommended Among Us... and then I got super addicted and it was pretty bad >.>;;

It ate up all my time and stuff, even though I enjoyed it until I got bored.

So that was like a good-but-also-bad-rec!

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually dislike getting recommendations because I almost always reject them... Not because I wouldn't like them, but because my time is limited and I have 50000 things I wanna do. So generally, a recommendation needs to feel perfect for my wants in order for me to read/play it.

And well, I always feel kinda bad when rejecting recommendations, so... I'm not super fond of them.

In any case, since I almost never try anything that is recommended to me, unless I'm like... 90% sure I'll love it, I can't remember a single case where I disliked a recommendation I actually gave a try to.

Baldingere likes this.
  15. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try it first, if I find I'm not enjoying that I'll delete the game or stop reading.

Btw Ragnarok was good in "old days" when it was still a PC game.

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Try playing Elona mobile or sumn it seems pretty promising lol. I don't really deny people of giving recommendations to me but I always mention me possibly forgetting their recc so lol it is what it is.

17. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, I remember playing the pc too. Way better experience than this one imo.

18. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... I still hate that guy who has recommended me Boku no pico.... Tho I won't call him a friend...

I've tried it >.>;; Although it's quite good... It's not for me...