Pitiful MCs

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Preethu, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Preethu

Preethu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really guys sometimes I wonder what did the poor mc guy ever did in his life. Everytime you know in all novels, either is mom or dad is dead or sometimes both. They ( if have any) also have a uncle he is either crippled, lost his lover or has a sob story. Or even sometimes their entire family is massacred. Do the authors have some kind of sadistic tendencies, they always make the protagonist suffer some way or another. If it is a female mc, then oops her entire family hates her, her peers humiliate her. :blobconfused: So I just made this thread to rant, if you want you can add some reply or ignore. :blobmelt:

2. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    This is for main character motivation or for drive of story. Can say this is quite lazy approach, but easy to use, so author didn't need to think of something sophisticated for story to progress.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  3. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. The MC is too pitiful that I can't help but why the adult in novel is too useless. More like where the adult!? What I see just Ancestors, Grandparents or nothing.

Did the adult think that you just need to put the son/daughter in lower realm and it's mean protect them!? Some of the novel show that real son is die and been replaced by other soul. It's stupid.

Preethu likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think "Sophistic" means what you think.
    You are looking for sophisticated

On this thread, stick to feel good stories.

I don't make a thread about how protagonists are always gay in JJWXC novels since I don't read such novels.
    You also have the option to use release filters so you don't see such novels.
    I almost forgot Lolicon exists thanks to my filter

Cheers!

sekach and Preethu like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess the Chinese authors figured if their protagonists didn't have to work towards some scores to settle, some adversities to overcome, some critics to prove wrong, some missing parents to find, some former fiancees to face-slap, some clan honour to revive, some vengeance to avenge and some wrongs to set right, why they might just grow so complacent as to become a ne'er-do-well as those scores of well-settled-in-another-world-slow-life leading born-blessed Japanese MCs! Can't be having that now, can we? :blobpeek:

Preethu likes this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm its classic trait
    hmm beat the dog? make surrounding so shit so if the character snap that ok~ make the character have pitiful background ba~

7. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, english isn't my first language, so i'm struggle with correct grammar sometimes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Install Grammarly app or extension even a native speaker like me uses it
    Cheers!

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, giving a sad background leaves room for tragic backstories and whatnot, and those usually have their charm.

Though they kinda need to be developed over time to look interesting IMO. Otherwise it's just... Meh.