LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, considering the impossible things that he has done before, I think he will be the god of death, undeath and reincarnation

2. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if more people start being born with the death attribute is it set like it is with Van where they only have the death attribute or are they allowed to have others? Also cause if I'm thinking correctly Van only has the death attribute because of being killed by the DK as the creation heroes and not receiving the blessing before Origin.

3. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhhhhh. I don't get where you guys thought being killed by the DK gets one Death Attribute...

4. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Their souls were broken, which is a death attribute technique that kind of tainted the fragments of the broken souls, which were put back together by a certain dumb jerk and made into a functional soul again. This made him only compatible with the death attribute. The death attribute, meanwhile, is completely incompatible with all other attributes. So while Zakkart had life magic and the four of them all had some kinds of magic, this doesn't really matter anymore. Death attribute mana infects you and you can then only use death magic.

I assume this would stay consistent, so new people born with the death attribute still couldn't use time magic or whatever. But this is all pure guesswork on my part regarding him managing the death attribute, so it can really work however the author wants it to. He could easily just say death magic is not a native element and therefore doesn't work alongside the attributes that are. Once it becomes a native attribute, this limit no longer applies. Or whatever.

Personally, despite what I said before, I think managing the death attribute probably just means he's the final piece Vida's circle needs to replace Rodcorte's. I don't think that alone will let new death mages be born, though the way the story has started introducing more may slowly lead to the same place.

Side note, but it kinda feels like Rodcorte represents another attribute that is related to life and death but still distinct. Vida is noted to have a similar domain to him and he's the only one besides Van that we've seen to raise the dead properly. He does it even better than Van, actually.

5. lordtalon

Reading List:
    Link
    it doesnt its that when those four where killed some of the mana stuck to there souls or am i wrong?

6. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what I have always thought

Zamzukan likes this.
  7. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest we are all expecting the inevitable demise of Rodiot the inept.
    And if Van takes his divinity, Van would have an easier time reincarnating ppl.

Also if Rod commits suicide via stupidity, someone would have to take over the re-system of all the worlds Rod extorted and Van is already indebted to some Origin gods, so it wouldn't be weird if he did it

8. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it said near the beginning of the story when Van was first reincarnated he only gained the death attribute because rodiot gave away everything to everyone else leaving Van with nothing. no destiny no attribute and the only way to gain death attribute is to be incompattable with all other attributes. I believe thats what the auther wrote in the story.

9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His system pretty much runs by itself. Maybe it keeps running if he dies, at least so long as there are familiar spirits looking over it. Then Vida just needs to offer her own system before the other ones start suffering errors.

No, everyone is supposed to have an attribute they're suited for. We can see from Vida's example that if Rodcorte had tried to give him some aptitude for fire or whatever it would have failed: Vida's Divine Protection normally grants aptitude for the life attribute, but when she tried to do so she failed, so she had to pretty much rummage around in her garage for something else she could give him.

10. blue skywolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes as i said when Van was first reincarnated he had nothing. he was an empty shell thanks to Rodiot so he was able to learn death magic, gain a massive amount of mana and when he died death magic was already ingrained in his soul making it imnpossible for him to learn any other attribute like the life magic Vida tried to give him. in short he got death magi due to Rodiots blunder.

11. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wonder, how many things Rodcorte wrong at this point of the story XD

12. blue skywolf

Reading List:
    Link
    The two ways the story has told on how to learn death magic is to be born with no aptitude for any other attribute (which is pretty much impossible unless Rodiot is involved in messing up your reincarnation) or to have partial death attribute planted in you from someone with death attribute through unsavory means ( Like the eigth guidence in there previous life and Mei whose mothers body was flooded with death attribute when she was pregnent ).

13. lordtalon

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the point is that its not the blessing or fortune that make them able to learn it just makes it easier. Its the soul its self that is compatible with specific attributes. When the four creation heroes died and where put back together into one soul they should have been compatible with the attributes that the four individuals where but because of the death mana of the DK stuck to there souls it overwrote the attribute compatibility.

14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is easier to count what he has done right :
    That is all.
    There is a 3rd way, it will be plot relevant later.
    It involves dying and not staying dead

X07Zero likes this.
  15. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But this was not BECAUSE of Rodcorte. He already had the aptitude to learn Death Magic and he already had a lot of mana. Rodcorte cursing him gave him more mana, but that's just a bonus. If Rodcorte had tried to make him good at fire magic, he would have failed.

I mean, I guess Rodcorte is directly responsible for every reason he has a lot of mana, but I don't think that's what you mean. His soul is four souls, thanks to Rodcorte. His soul isn't put together right, thanks to Rodcorte. He doesn't have even the normal level of good fortune that a person is supposed to have, thanks to Rodcorte. He has an expanded empty soul due to being cursed, thanks to Rodcorte. These all give him more mana, but only one is related to him not being given blessings. And they don't make him capable of using death magic. That's just something he can do.

lordtalon likes this.
  16. blue skywolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Van was not cursed by Rodiot until his second reincarnation because he wanted to kill all the reincarnaters in their next life put of anger. his large mana is due to being nothing but an empty shell in his first reincarnation that only mana could fill because he was left without anything else to fill it like Destiny, Fortune, and Magical Attribute. All of it that was suposed to go to Van was added to Amamia Hiroto insted because they had the same name and Rodiot is a moron. I mean yes Vans soul is made of four partial souls combined so he would probly have more mana than most but nowhere near what he has. at most he would probly be in the 100,000 range not the billion range he is in due to his soul. Since i recall reading that great adventurers are in the tens of thousand range. In short Destiny Fortune and magic attribute take a lot of room.

think of vans and everyone elses shell(so to speak) as an aquarium. the air bubbles are (mana), the fish are (magic attribute),the plants stones and other objects are (Fortune),and the water (Destiny). Thanks to Rodiot, Van is an empty aquarium full of air, no fish, no stones plants or objects, no water. Just mana filling the void.

Overlord2019 and CountryMage like this.
  17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I said. No fortune and no blessings means an empty frame, meaning lots of mana. Cursing him on top of that made the frame bigger, meaning he had even more mana. That has nothing to do with the death attribute though.

lordtalon likes this.
  18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he could have learned other attributes, if he had been born on a more magical world first, like Lambda, also the blessing of Vida probably would have worked if he hadn't already been flooded with Death attribute mana, and defending himself from Rod's attacks at the time.

19. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Give the guy some credit. He started the story.

ZeroR18 and X07Zero like this.
  20. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What came first, the chicken or the egg?
    1. Did Van's soul get infected with death mana, like every subsequent death mana user has or
    2. has it maniffested because he had no other affinities?

I think the deciding case will be the son of the heroes.

He has no elemental affinity. So if he developes even a tiny bit of death mana it confirms the second theory and if he doesn't it affirms the first.

Baldingere likes this.