Spoiler It's No Use Hanging On

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aihi8, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did faylon become da emperor?? And Kai da Empress??

honeymochi likes this.
  2. Hirorin

Hirorin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the art style in the promotion, but chapter 1 disappoints me

Psyyche and honeymochi like this.
  3. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sometimes it makes me wonder whether we're seeing a sharp edged shield or a face.

4. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone spoiler what will happen to that cousin in this life time?

honeymochi likes this.
  5. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chapter 29 spoiler:
    It looks like when Kaira was congratulated for her ascension, many of Faylon siblings (including Reagan) came to do the same, some tried to make her to take their sides (only to crash and burn), Faylon did something to put them to place (Reagan was spiteful at this), when she was alone. Reagan came (up for something no good for sure), when she left the banquet, to some reason she ends up meeting Reagan and have a talk with tea. Reagan gave her something, which was a ruby bros (I guess). After minutes of talking, Kaira figures out that he still not wanting to let her go, and have something to make sure of it, I guess. Can someone translate this?
    Here's the link by the way: https://tkor.tube/매달려도_소용없어_29화.html

6. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, is it just me, or is it kind of awkward reading out 'Reagan'? :blobsweat_2: I'm so used to hearing it in referral to the former president of the United States, so every time Kaira calls him by his name, the American politician's face pops into my head. A real-life person superimposed onto this awful pretty boy.
    ... Maybe it's just me.

Asya.M, Aestheronyxx and kawaii12345 like this.
  7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ronald Reagan? Oh plz, the guy is nothing on his level compared to President Reagan.

Eelillya, honeymochi and kawaii12345 like this.
  8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's just the bad art style rather than the eye + hair colour combo. It would have been better if they got a different artist. Personally, I'm not sure how publishers decide which artist to allocate a webtoon to?

honeymochi likes this.
  9. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The artist who did the promo chapter would have been great only if they didn’t give the MC that weird sausage hairstyle

honeymochi, kawaii12345 and i_am_here like this.
  10. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah that was...weird. I don't get why there is ALOT of good stories being given to art that isn't that good or fits the story whereas stunning art is given to really bad or boring stories.

chels_hotnacho, Orphus and honeymochi like this.
  11. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty for the spoilers! I hope Vienna ends up alive so she can watch Kaira be both the Marchioness and Archduke's daughter! :blobowoevil_horns:

12. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this Archduke? Is he still alive? how come Kaira's mother ended up marrying that horrible man?

Why does the Empress hate Kaira so much and favor Vienna?

13. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably arranged marriage, I mean her 'father' already cheats with his brother's wife.Why would on earth will she be obedient to him?
    About why the Empress hated her so much, everything was still theories.
    Mine was that the Archduke was the Empress unrequited love, and she was heartbroken to learn that Marchioness de Orsia was having an affair with him. This caused her to hated the Marchioness, and her hatred was in vain as the Marchioness died in her sleep during winter. Unsatisfied, she throws her hatred on Marchioness daughter, Kaira.

14. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arranged marriage wouldn’t make sense, because the father is the second son of a countryside baron, who didn’t even have a title because it was passed to his brother (or had an even lower title than baron, not worth mentioning).
    MC’s mother was the only daughter of the only marquis iirc, her prospective marriage partners are supposed to be archduke, dukes and below marquis are counts. Otherwise it’s a mismatch. We know for sure she didn’t love her husband if MC is archduke’s daughter, so I think some nasty scheming was involved.

Unknown_X and rock.doll like this.
  15. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about tittle's worth in political and social view. But if you're talking about scheme, could the Empress (the going to be) do that? I mean like somehow enforcing the marquess to have his daughter to marry an arranged partner picked by her?
    As far as I know about this nobility thing (which aren't much and lacking). Authority of the Imperial family/ Royal family could only be rivaled by a Duke and Marquess was a rank beneath them. Which... was why I'm wondering could this be possible or not.

its0k likes this.
  16. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    It would make sense if the MC's mother really loved the father. and the father used her to marry up. Or the MC as a daughter wants to give a middle finger to her father. I'm operating under the assumption that the MC's mother was an only child and a daughter so there is the option to 'marry down' because the bride/mother wanted to make sure that it's her family and blood who will benefit in the marriage. While she can have her choice of men with higher titles, it also means she is surrounding her wealth and power towards her husband. Arranged marriage is about power, control, and resources. If MC's mother felt that she will gain nothing from marrying up or a marriage with a higher male noble will cause her problems, it's better to marry down with a man who can be controlled by her purse strings.

I dunno. in my exp, nobles marrying one another needed to have permission from the reigning monarch to marry so they cannot build their own powerhouses and alliances against the Crown. If the empress is the one overseeing the matches, I bet she only does it to make sure that her son gains more power compared to his siblings/not her children. And the marquess has to tread very lightly since marrying his daughter off is an action that should benefit the family first before any royal desires. Unless of course, he didn't give a shit. The marquess can obey the Empress if he sees a benefit and the only thing the empress could do is to withdraw her favor or if her son succeeds, the future monarch.

MiserableSOUL, beazacha and rock.doll like this.