Movies that traumatized you

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by MasterCuddler, Jun 29, 2021.

1. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I was forced to watched the “The Untold Story” when I was young cuz my sibling wanted to watch it. Long story short: human meat buns. I stopped eating meat buns after that day.

Any others?:blobpeek:

GonZ555 likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Wow, I... Wow. What a movie.

Can't say I was traumatized by any movie myself... The stuff that traumatizes tends to be horror stuff, and I have always avoided those like plague.

If anything, I remember trying to watch the Resident Evil movie back when I was younger, and at some point I just stopped it because I was feeling bad and was kinda scared.

3. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Saw?

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't watch! \(^^)/

Unless you mean Spice and Wolf, I watched the anime and loved it~

5. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny to have Spice and Wolf mention on a thread about traumatizing movies. But yes it is a good series \(^^)/

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Spoof

Spoof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Human centipede I wouldn't say I was traumatized just really disturbed

grass_is_tasty and MasterCuddler like this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Teeheehee~?

MasterCuddler likes this.
  8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    -Be me.
    -Bro comes into the room and gives me a tape.
    -It was a movie named 'Paranormal activity'.
    -"Lil bro, lets watch this!" My brother said.
    -"I don't like watching horror though." Me who isn't used to horror.
    -"It'll be fine." Brother said as I didn't realize he was planning on something.
    -"Okay. You'll be watching with me alright?" I agree since it might be good that I'll get used to horror someday."
    -Then we watch.
    -15 mins into the movie, my brother excuse himself to the bathroom.
    -I was a bit scared being alone but think he would just come back later and agreed to him.
    -He never came back
    -Still watching the movie but is now more horrified and thinking that my bro would come back.
    -He never did.
    -Half way through the movie, A scary part was about to begin and my instincts inside me began giving me signals.
    -I rely more of my instincts than my brain and felt like something was wrong.
    -A call was coming out of the window and felt it was so eerie.
    -I wanted to check but the intense scene came out and came back to continue watching while slowly begining to get scared.
    -"Bro..." I squeaky called out to him out of fear and felt like he took too long to came back.
    -"I hate you bro...." An eerie voice came and my senses goes overdrive as I began to shudder and thought back about the past.
    -It reminded me of the time my mom told us that they had actually have a fifth child whose going to me my youngest sibling or basically my twin at that time but died prematurely.
    -It call comes back to me as I actually thought this movie was a magic circle to bring the dead back to life.
    -Behind me, was in fact my bro who was outside, almost laughing out loud as I began to shiver and began to apologize to my dead sibling I don't even know.
    -Movie finally ended as I got out of my blankets and felt relaxed and had finally lost my fear watching horror.
    -"Brother.... help me...." My bro called out in a creepy voice.
    -Me thinking it was my younger brother who I quickly turned to the window and apologize.
    -"Waah!!" My brother scream as the shock factors in me was still there and due to the psychological exhausion I had, I was knocked out and my heart almost stopped.
    -His laugher stops the moment I didn't move a muscle and quickly checked in, thinking he had killed me.
    -I still live but watching horror movies/games never felt the same way again for me as I get too scared to watch horror and may end up dying to the shock alone.

9. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched Evil Dead while I was a toddler, 'nuf said

10. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow i seems to grow more sensitive with the age wit h14-16 i saw splatter and horror movies texas chainsaw, shawn of the dead etc)
    with mostly fiding them just strange or badly made
    watched final destination etc might be that a long "Scream" cinema night broke it for so i stayed away from all "saw" movies, stephen king and the usual americal halloween stuff with hellraiser, freddy, chucky or what ever they are all called

i have no problem with violence (watched dexter) but it might be something agains senseless violence or violence just for the sake of violence

11. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a certain degree of resistance against media and have never watched a gory/grotesque movie, so I don't think I've been traumatized by a movie before.

On the other hand, I know my neighborhood elementary-level afterschool sometimes puts on movies for kids to watch, and they have to be G-rated. They used to do PG movies too, but apparently they put on Coraline once and made half the afterschool's younger kids cry. xD

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay not traumatized but does the fact that Courage the Cowardly Dog scare me as a child count? That series was some surreal, weird shit.

Munimuyi, IRandomGuy, gtreed and 4 others like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you aren't a novel character that was isekai'd to Earth somehow... Geez, you have the craziest experiences... >.>

14. weltingfang

weltingfang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ring it was my first horror movie plus it made me realize i cannot handle horror in anyway possible.

15. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one of the main reasons I hate using elevators as an adult is that I watched One Missed Call (the 2003 Japanese film) as a kid, and my most vivid memory of that movie was the guy being dragged down into that elevator shaft. Yikes.

(Though I have no idea why it's that scene, rather than the penultimate abandoned warehouse sequence, that I retain in my memory as "most horrific moment in the movie", but it is what it is.)

The movie did introduce me to Shibasaki Kou though, and I still love her music to this day.

MasterCuddler likes this.
  16. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coraline seriously freaked me out when I was younger. I thought my mom was an imposter for a while. It still creeps me out to this day...

IRandomGuy likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Not long term, but short term, I remember I watched some movie while I was on a train or something? (Don't remember cause I was small at the time), and this black and white movie had some zombie like devil or something with white stuff coming out of their mouth.

After that, I stopped eating anything with visible milk in it for a few months.

18. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    I was traumatised by Jaws

19. Rajnish77

Rajnish77 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ring

20. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Vertigo. The scene when he's falling into the coffin gave me nightmares for over a week. *shudders*