Feature Request Genre filter LGBT inclusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by rleon, Jul 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In series finder -> filter,
    People can exclude LGBTQ tags like Yaoi, Yuri, Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai, and gender bender.
    This is a comfortable feature for homophobes. We should disable the feature for excluding these tags. Same as Chinese tags which we can't exclude to make it uncomfortable for Communist haters.

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    In before thread lock(?)

UnGrave likes this.
  3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, but doesn't Gender Bender also include crossdressing? And it's just a few extra clicks to disable the non-BG romance tags, so it's probably not worth the time to implement. Deleting the ability to filter certain genres and tags defeats the point of having that genre/tag in the first place. Not wanting to read that genre right now doesn't necessarily make you opposed to its occurrence IRL, so filtering out LGBTQ+ tags doesn't really have a justification, anyway.

And what tags are considered Chinese? Cultivation? But it's not as if there are no non-Chinese cultivation novels, either.

4. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Language -> chinese
    We can't exclude chinese tag for asian hate prevention

5. aShinyVaporeon

Reading List:
    Link
    But all the novels here are Asian, why does China get special treatment? xD

6. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from a page worth of updates in NU, there are at least around 90% CN and 10% japan and Korean. Many peoples requested to exclude them.

7. aShinyVaporeon

Reading List:
    Link
    So some people prefer Asian novels from other countries over Asian novels from China? What does this have to do with Asian hate?
    Anyway, I myself prefer reading Chinese novels, because I know some Chinese and therefore can understand translations of it more easily. Some people may be the same, but with other languages.
    Not to mention that there are certain tropes and types of novels that are more common in certain languages. For example, it's pretty rare to find a Xianxia that's not Chinese.

8. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a political thing, it's just the site creator's preference really. I sincerely disagree with it though since I think chinese novels suck and I don't want to see them.

LevelTryHard and aShinyVaporeon like this.
  9. aShinyVaporeon

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, yeah. It is generally more common for Chinese novels to be really drawn out and have tons of filler, since many Chinese web novel sites have authors paid by character count. It's just a trend, just like how a lot of Japanese novels have long titles because of how Syosetu is set up.

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha no. I'm not a homophobe but I am not nor will I ever be interested in yaoi. If it is something I will never try, I'd rather remove it so I can find stuff I do like. Same thing goes for say Xianxia or Harem. If that's not what you're looking for, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to filter it out. As for the chinese tags...not entirely sure where you're going with that tbh, but you can filter out whatever you want other than language.

Filtering stuff is up to the individual user and not something we regulate. People are free to have whatever opinion they want. This is a not a dictatorship and we don't have an agenda.

I'm pretty sure you're a troll but if you're not...well I pity you then. This "feature" is never happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.