Spoiler The Exhausting Reality of Novel Transmigration

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    resource.jpeg
    EF77BA73-EE5B-4B1A-B9B3-9C6E3050B658.jpeg

Title:
    책빙의는 이제 지겹다, I'm Sick of Being Transmigrated Into Books, Novel Transmigration Fatigue
    Novel Link: Official Novel Raws: Author: 하이마이디어 | Hi My Dear (The same author who wrote, "I’m a Villainess, Can I Die?")
    Artist: 양개 | Yanggae
    Year: 2021
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Shoujo, Drama

Description:

I’ve had enough of being transmigrated into books.

You would be tired of it too, especially if it was already your fourth time getting reincarnated. This time, I became the female lead’s villainous older sister.

‘Oh, I’m so sick of this.’

Yet again, I was sure this life wouldn’t be exciting either. I had led long, straightforward lives before, and then I died and moved on to the next.

But why was it that this reincarnation was a tad different?

‘Why can I use the abilities I had in my second life?’
    ‘Why is the female lead bothering me so much?’

Alicia, the novel’s protagonist, was fated to have a poor, emaciated life. However, considering that she was this novel’s true heroine, I couldn’t just let her roll through the mud like this. I would do everything in my power to change her fate.

‘My younger sister, don’t become the heroine this time.’

To achieve my goal through a project hereby dubbed as the [Mob-Alicia Project], I’ve recruited the male lead’s older brother, Cassion Carter.

He was the villain who was almost killed—no, was fated to be killed—by the male lead.

“If you want to live, promise me one thing.”

As if he was a wild beast that had been hunted and left to die alone, he breathed with incredible difficulty. I reached toward the poor man’s face to caress his cheek, leaning down to whisper softly.

“If I save you . . .”

Lay your own life on the line to protect my sister.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping~ so MC finally gets bored after a fourth reincarnation, huh? Well... changing the plot is a bit late, but eh. Cover looks good

Nimueh, Kirarapot, Jukki and 3 others like this.
  4. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh the female lead and the male lead be looking like their tired of life.
    The art is pretty btw.

creizreiz, MianneChan, Jukki and 5 others like this.
  6. merchantbob

merchantbob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what i've read through reviews on naver and from reading until chapter 10-ish, here's a few spoilers:
    0. Original life - died via truck-kun
    1. Webnovel - modern setting, her character is the studious type in high school, but she gets involved in gang fights or turf wars after school // died via truck-kun 2.0
    2. Martial Arts/Cultivtion - she trained hard and managed to learn sword arts since her father is a master and her older brothers are transcendents // tripped on a flat surface and bonked her head
    3. Tragic novel where she was the heroine (Rita Vernand) and her ML was an obsessive yandere who locked her up in a dungeon // died getting stabbed by a knife that was supposed to go towards ML--not because she wanted to sacrifice herself for him, but because she really really really wants to get away from him
    4. Current transmigration where she's Rosetta

she doesn't want to go back to Korea or her original life anymore, she just really wants to find a way to die because, you guessed it, she's tired of transmigrating
    - She'll be able to use the abilities she developed during her second transmigration
    - Since the nature of powers in cultivation novels is that internal organs are sometimes ruptured, she'll cough up blood a lot
    - This will cause some misunderstandings with the ML and he'll be protective of her because he thinks she's weak or sickly lol
    Because she herself lived a life as the female lead in yandere novel, she really feels sympathetic towards her sister now. Alicia's ML here is equally (or probably more) obsessive, so Rosetta doesn't want what she experienced in her third transmigration to happen to Alicia.
    - previously the Duchess’s trusted maid
    - drugged the couple one banquet night; gave sleeping pills to the duchess and hallucinogens to the duke; immediately fled the estate after taking advantage of the duke
    - returned after four years with rosetta in tow; demanded to become second wife
    - beheaded on the spot
    He'll appear around chapter 13 to 15, not sure when exactly because I only skimmed that part
    i like the novel so far because the author's writing style is good and i just love how tired our FL sounds. it's refreshing too because she knows what's the deal with transmigrations and she knows exactly how to play the game (since she's been through this 3 times already)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    EliVesper, Nimueh, Minaeli and 73 others like this.
  7. Jennifere12511

Jennifere12511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoilers

KeyJay and merchantbob like this.
  8. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, Rosetta's mom only got as far as she did because Alicia's mom was so trusting of the servants and her dad followed suit, so what does she do? Trust this bitch Katie, WHO ENDED UP BEING ANOTHER SERVANT ABUSING HER POSITION AS THE GIRLS' NANNY, with both Rosetta and Alicia on her deathbed. sigh. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other corrupt servants in this household. And honestly with how soft the mom is, I'm a little glad the Duke survived in her place because he seems like the reasonable one out of the two of them. Kinda curious about Damien, Rosetta's half-brother and Alicia's full brother, and if Rosetta will get him on her side too. And, of course, what's up with Cassian the ML.

9. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i also mtled some. the whole thing was a setup. she locked elisha in a closet so that Marie could report it to the brother. When he discovered that, he would barge in on Rosetta's lesson w katie to scold her - only to find the injuries and marks on her face after 1) she got katie worked up and angry at not submitting like a good victim, and 2) deliberately injured herself so there could be almost no question from the brother about who hurt her. Sure, Katie had cred where she convinced the brother Rosetta was just The Worst™ but when Elisha unexpectedly busted in (when Rosetta had planned to go get her after seeing Katie locked away in the dungeon) and ran to Rosetta, crying about Rosetta's injuries, the blood, and eventually revealing that Katie was the one that hurt her? Katie's case about Rosetta's self-injury and deliberate malice towards Elisha got a whole lot less convincing.

Edit: YO ELISHA IS LEGIT SO BADASS, SHE GOT MARIE TO LET HER OUT OF THE CLOSET (and she TOLD Rosetta she was scared of being trapped in enclosed spaces before) BY OPENING A WINDOW AND THREATENING TO JUMP OUT OF IT. :aww:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  10. Zyrenalexia

Zyrenalexia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The yuri vibes

The yuri vibes

11. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, too bad it's all blackmail based on Marie being an accomplice to that bitch Katie, so unless she gets some real Emily (from "death is the only ending for the villainess")-style character development (a.k.a sucking up to her master the mc and generally being a way better support than the scum around the mc), I'm not gonna ship her w Rosetta lmao.

12. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Rosetta saves Cassion, puts him up in the recovery room of the hotel owned by the info broker/black market merchant that originally helped the trashy male protagonist Leo bc Rosetta negotiated well enough to get what she wanted out of the boredom-prone lady.

Cassion (has totally FORGOTTEN the epic moment where she saved him in return for him doing what she wanted, bc he hit his head ig): "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, VALENTINE [their families are enemies btw, Leo/Alicia was like Romeo and Juliet if Romeo was a psychotic blackmailer who forced Juliet to be w him bc he was a Duke with better resources than her]?! Why did you save me?!"
    Rosetta (annoyed that this amnesic idiot apparently FORGOT his promise, what was the point of approaching a wary guy like Cassion if she can't even take advantage of the life-saving grace): "bc i need u. i want you to be the Duke."
    Cassion (already thinking up a whole NOVEL bc apparently dukes of the Carter line need magic which he doesn't have or whatever): that's bull, I've never thought about being Duke, just surviving was enough to prove that I'm strong and defying Leo and his mother, and our families are enemies so... "I got it! You're just trying to make me Duke to sow discord in the Carter family!! This is all an evil Valentine plot!!"
    me and the commenters on the raw: SHE JUST WANTS YOU TO KEEP YOUR PSYCHO BROTHER AWAY FROM HER SISTER YOU IDIOT!!! Rosetta you should just put him back AND LET HIM DIE.

Just, ugh, things have been going pretty well up until this point. Rosetta managed to negotiate with the shady hotel owner and get cosmetics to help change how Cassion looks when she takes him back home to help him lay low from his shitty family, he literally dreamed of drowning in a swamp before Rosetta's voice helped him wake up, and now he has a headache and is being all grumpy after veering away from the "she couldn't be helping Leo and Leo's mom bc what would be the point" thought so now... I guess being good at acting the pragmatic villainess who framed an innocent carriage driver for the accident that cassion's carriage driver caused (bc he was paid off by the evil duo) has its downsides BUT THIS IS SO ANNOYING. I'd be more appreciative of Cassion being a vulnerable, meeker male version of Penelope from "death is the only ending for the villainess" instead of an overbearing CEO male lead like his brother if he didn't make me so angry at how realistically he was written. He doesn't fight back, just kind of runs away and prides himself on surviving (which he WOULDN'T HAVE if not for Rosetta) even tho he's low-key suicidal (which i guess makes him a perfect match for Rosetta!) but right now I'm just too annoyed at him being the human version of the ungrateful stray that bites you after you help it out of a trap. Rosetta is really going to have to train him into being some kind of useful. SIGH i hope he's less annoying in chapter 21.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  13. iamwhoami

iamwhoami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a nickname for him, its Cat. Im gonna call him cat from now on.

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!

cabbagenyanko, lavidaloca and Wr3n like this.
  14. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp he WASN'T less annoying in chapter 21.
    so cassion REALLY doesn't trust Rosetta. He's CONVINCED she has no other use for him than making him "bring chaos to his family w inadequate heir" yadda ya. So bc he doesn't trust this shady woman and she recognizes she can't really make him, especially since HE DOESN'T FUCKING REMEMBER HIS PROMISE, she's like "ok fine give me your answer tomorrow." And leaves her cloak.

Bc guess what? She KNOWS he's gonna try to book it bc he's a feral cat that TRUSTS NO ONE. Blah blah blah enclosed spaces Bad, who cares that he's fucking injured af w nowhere to go? MUST GET AWAY, bc APPARENTLY the woman who actively saved u from being killed is way more dangerous than the random ppl around u that regularly try to kill you w a smile. (I mean i get his point about trustworthy ppl not being trustworthy BUT ROSETTA ISN'T TRYING TO GET YOU TO LET DOWN YOUR GUARD TO KILL YOU?? she literally tried to bargain w him as an equal unlike the ppl who are just nice to your face and then try to kill u without saying anything- ah whatever.) So Rosetta left the cloak bc if he's gonna try to escape AT LEAST he can COVER HIS FACE.

so outside the door where she stopped to eavesdrop, she heard him moving around instead of RESTING LIKE SHE TOLD HIM TO, and was like "i knew it, I'm gonna have to bring him back, but i don't wanna play tag." and decides to leave Cassion to it. Bc there's no stopping idiots ig.

So cassion is wearing the cloak, putting up a tough front being all "IT HURTS A FUCKTON but... I'm USED TO the pain, i can walk even if I'm clutching my stomach and shit from injury, even tho I'm not recovered I CAN'T TRUST ANYONE, it's better to just live instead of being used as a tool" blah blah blah, i may have made him sound a little more self-aware than he actually is but you get the gist. So he staggers out of the hotel INSTEAD OF BEING PRAGMATIC ABOUT HIS INJURIES AND MAYBE HOLING UP WHERE HIS FAMILY DEFINITELY CAN'T FIND HIM he spares a moment to thank Rosetta in his head but it's all "I'm sorry but my life is too heavy to repay" or whatever AND OF COURSE he sees a TONS OF PEOPLE COMBING THE STREETS FOR HIM. And that's where the chapter ends.

This is super realistic for an abuse victim and all i guess BUT I WISH WE COULD JUST SKIP TO THE PART WHERE HE'S LIKE "I've been stupid, Rosetta i will finally realize you're more trustworthy than my shitty family" but i have a feeling it's going to take a while.
    So chapter 22 was basically Cassion running into some thugs who thought he was an easy target (and i mean, he WAS recovering from an fatal injuries and all), and him trying to talk his way out of things peacefully. Didn't work, and Rosetta popped up and was like "you want my help?"
    Chapter 23: Cassion refuses Rosetta's help bc she looks like a weakling and braces himself to get beat up, she's like "lmao fine, forget me saving u, from now on I'll be nice to u so don't forget" and while the dudes are surrounding Cassion and making crude comments about Rosetta, she jumps down from a building like a badass and beats them all up with martial arts. And it turns out Cassion left bc he didn't want Rosetta to get hurt more than he really thought she was a threat. Like he was trying to spare her, the way he tried to use Alicia against Leo in the original novel but then showed her compassion. Apparently he has a soft heart that made him fail to strangle Leo twice(?) and then have assassination attempts enacted on him in return.

So, i guess he's okay?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  15. Lydianne_Pyria

Lydianne_Pyria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

He better get a character development soon or this journey is going to be TORTURE