Discussion Sad stuff before happy stuff or vice versa?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Jul 30, 2021.

?

sad first, happy second or happy first, sad second?

1. sad first, happy second

29.4%
  2. happy first, sad second

17.6%
  3. just happy things

23.5%
  4. depression is the right way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. unopinionated potato

47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Like most people believe birthday is just like any other day. You get more freebies than usual, more food as well. Random people will remember you etc. But it's still just another day so here I was watching anime. And for some reasons, I was binging Honkai Impact 3rd animations :blobrofl:

It started very nice. I was binging Season 1 and 2 of Cooking With Valkyries.
    Season 1
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLX1bpH-W3ZADp3sYwTL9TkoDjvPamZNy
    Season 2
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLX1bpH-W3ZAP7Kqb2tyV4YUsBeHvl19O

It sounds a a light and happy as it is. Recipes, daily life. Very much your average slice of life theme.

Then, i finished them both in one go and was craving more. I moved to watching game cutscenes and broke my heart... I watched most of them before but that was when I wasn't playing the game yet. I practically know nothing about the characters. So they were mostly cool and a little sad. Fast forward to now, I've been playing it for a bit. And the scenes just hit differently. I feel funny tearing up on my birthday for some game character :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobsob::blobsob:

Final Lesson cutscene

If I could rewind time, I wonder if it was better if I started with the sad stuff first before the happy stuff... thoughts?

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  2. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you going through something similar to mid-life crisis, Stormy? :blobfearful::blobfearful: That's a whole lot of ups and downs

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so? I was craving some HI3 since i haven't been able to play for days so i went to the closest thing at hand, their animations xD

Zissel likes this.
  4. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    And those resulted you in such an emotional journey???
    Seems like I was worried for nothing

5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...HI3 is known for it's dark story. I didn't plan it that way, i was chilling with the cooking show then got a whim to watch the cutscenes... and tadaa, sad story watchinfg a character die (or M.I.A. as some of us wanted to believe she somehow survived)

Zissel likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't gotten a present for my birthday since age 12. unless you count cash.

For some reason I am hard to read is my guess. because on my birthday I always get cash everyone gives me envelopes or a happy birthday card with cash in it.

I was 12 when my mom and dad made a party for my 12th birthday and and there was at least half my family which is about 30-40 ppl and about 20-30 friends and neighbors and 8-9 of my friends from the neighborhood. I never got so many gifts in my life. I think the cheapest gift was a puzzle 400 pieces the most expensive ones were video games for N64 and Snes and my dad got me 250 cars Hotwheels set.

I think I ran out of luck after that day I don't get gifts just cash. it's not bad to get cash, but it would be nice to see what others think of you when they buy presents.

Bad Storm likes this.
  7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    My family likes gifts i think, i usually receive random stuff instead of money. But it usually depends, the older generation usually just hand some cash.

Also, the puzzle reminded me of my last one. It was a 500pcs puzzle, it took about a week or so to finish haha. I wish someone gift me a thousand piece puzzle in the future :blobpats:

8. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, you'll get to crying a bit more as you go further into HI3. Final Lesson is one of the highest point when it comes to emotion, but there's more to come.

Bad Storm likes this.
  9. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    I already have enough sad things irl so I'll go with just happy things.

10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, indeed. I randomly selected final lesson xD

11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like sad -> happy! Bite the bullet first!!