Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. R4ONMIRU

R4ONMIRU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i havent met the dad yet but I'm already frustrated with him, he's quite pathetic, maybe not to his daughter but definitely to women... you loved her so much but not once did you go off secretly to visit her? and only trusting letters? PLEASE so stupid, so evidently stupid. I've been upset with many many novel fathers but never once have I been this frustrated? i pity the fl so much I pity her so bad

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  2. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's mom says in the manga that they were married, but maybe she was lying to get creepy uncle dude to back off :blobthinkingsmirk:

Lucy scarlet likes this.
  3. xjgg

xjgg Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the one who said they weren't married was louise so i honestly don't know what's going on loool

4. olivia203295

olivia203295 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah i meant that Wasn’t her father in a contract marriage if so then why does he has a son from the duchess and if mc mother was a mistress instead.

5. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    These fathers are the main reason why I don’t believe in true love .I mean after reading a novel even after the ml and fl got together and had kids ,I often wonder will they keep loving each other till the end(well in most novels they doesn’t give us the story til ml and fl die)like in many novels we see married peoples having lovers even though they love their family in first.

6. Rin Lee

Rin Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the manhwa up until chapter 20. My Korean isn't very good but it seems like we got some miss understanding here. I don't know whether FL parents already married or not since it haven't mentioned but, they truly love each other. The mom was a maid in the dad house. Something happened 8 years ago and they got separated. The Dad always replied to every letters the mom sent. And yeah, it's the uncle who never gave it to mom. Until now, dad still loves FL mom. When FL said that her mom already dead, he even cried right in his place and hug FL. It's true that the woman who help FL to meet her dad is the candidate of dad wife, but they haven't married yet. the kids in the dad house aren't his. Because they called FL's dad as teacher. FL always reminded dad of her mother and dad said that if mom still alive, they could be happy together as a family. cmiiw since i just skimmed it.

7. sakurasakura

sakurasakura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seen the raws ('til Ch20) and it looks like the uncle really intercepted the letters. The dad was sending letters but they did not receive them. Dad realized that it was his younger brother who was doing it when talking to the priest. Nothing happened yet to the uncle it seems. FL has no resentment for her dad at all because after their reunion, it was all fluff. Stepmom was the one who found her. FL showed her the necklace and stepmom brought her to the duchy. Dad was quick to realize she is Leah's child, and he teared up a bit. All in all, Dad was neglectful and didn't think to check up on them during those 8 years. I mean is visiting even just once gonna kill him??? And before you say that he was caught up in all that noble crap, it looks like his duchy is stable now, so why didn't he look for them??? The kid even had to look for him instead when her mom is already dead. Sighs. Now all I'm waiting for is when the uncle gets his karma.

FL was really brave when escaping from that maniac. She escaped through by using fabrics she tied up. She and the priest managed to escape the uncle who was chasing them. Relieved when they got on the train and they got away.

karaa00000, Minaeli, Ceilo27 and 30 others like this.
  8. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow i still cant like the father. all that tears and hug is useless.. leah is still dead its too late. its been years, instead of sending letters why dont he try to visit to check on leah at least once?? it wont hurt. author making it so hard for me to like him. if i were FL i wont forgive him easily like that, just sayin. if i should say it in my native language its "percuma!! ga berguna sebesar apapun cintanya ke leah lu ga ada perjuangannya, mentok2 kirim surat doang.. giliran udah meninggal nangis2 lu, padahal coba visit aja ga pernah. gue jadi leah gue gentayangin kali ni laki satu. males banget ni gue kalo udah kaya gini, pasti nanti author nge sugarcoat ngasih reader banyak father daughter fluff moment tapi gue tetep sedih, kesel, itu ibunya MC jadi meninggal lagi woy di 2nd life, i wont forget that until the end of the story. maaf emosi "

9. Mece

Mece New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it seems like plot induced ineptitude. Like the writer needed a reason for the father to never contact his lover directly, but they half assed it with this excuse. No way he wouldn't visit in person once and a while. He could even use visiting his brother as a reason to visit her. Now if there was a war or something and then he actually had to do a lot of rebuilding afterwards, maybe.

Also, what is even worse than the 8 years, are the 16 years in the previous timeline. The father is just useless.

10. Rin Lee

Rin Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard:blobsweat_2:. And it's true that all those tears and hug didn't justify his actions that for myself it almost same as neglecting his wife and daughter. He has the power, he's guilty for not even trying to meet them.

applebeans, Drayne, Scapezz and 11 others like this.
  11. xjgg

xjgg Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all in all, the father setup was weird. he never came to check up on leah because he thought she was fine (just like stated in leah's fake letters) and he trusted his brother very much, and he was going to wait for his status and the duchy's finance to recover before picking up leah again. but looks like he was already married to another woman; she even told louise "when we meet again, you should call me mom". aaand he already had a son.
    but the duchy already looked fine?? he even had the time to take in disciples (count adrian's twins). so yeah, weird and sliiightly unlikable.

12. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have been better if the author use another route like father was in the war all these years or something,that would be somewhat understandable.

13. Naant

Naant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @iactuallyfrhateithere yup agree with you. This father is still crap. If he really loved his beloved Leah he should at least visit them. He has all the power way greater than his brother i presume. Dan iya setuju harusnya Leah gentayangin aja itu lelaki, gila sih jadi laki lemah banget!

Toasty_Minzy and Lilviathen like this.
  14. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    So, after reading the new comments (still haven't started on the manhwa), the most informative tidbit of it all is essentially
    1. Father heavily trusted those letters and his brother and was waiting for the duchy to stabilize
    2. He's currently on a contractual relationship and the kids are either his or isn't (I mean, additional comments saying the ones are his disciples/from a Count Adrian)
    3. Mom was a maid of his home

15. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The father is scumbag.. He SHOULD visit them, if he's truly love MC's mom. At 1st TL, the father not visiting even once to the MC for 16 years, I think he's already forgetting the MC and her mom's existence and married the other woman :blobtriumph::blobangery: Any spoiler if the the father still marry another woman for current TL? Pengen misuh justabotwork

16. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, all this hate on the FL's dad. I suppose author-nim didn't do a good job writing about their reunion, it's okay. I guess this is her style of writing?

Anyway, does anyone know what happens to the (gross) uncle? Does FL's dad retaliate against him after what FL had gone through?
    Looking forward to some spoilers <3

17. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've gleaned so far I got the impression that MC's dad didn't even know he had a daughter to begin with. Expecting him to religiously go check on his ex from 8 years ago is a bit excessive. Especially since from his POV there has been no communication from her side at all as the uncle intercepted her letters.

Determined to escape, MC escapes out of her window and falls down a good distance which injures her. She nevertheless makes it to the priest and climbs on his back as she is unable to walk, the uncle starts chasing them on his horse but they manage to outrun him (first with a wooden carriage then they make it to the train station and hop on a train without even paying tickets).

Now that they're finally on the train, the priest apologizes for agreeing to send MC to her uncle in the first place. MC says that he couldn't have known but he replies that it was still his fault and that MC was blameless in this (it's such a sweet part). Some passengers notice MC's wounds and move them up to first class. They stop at a transit station and a rando knight tries to make fun of MC's accent but a cool woman comes in and puts him in his place, apparently she is a noblewoman of high rank. MC (and myself) would like to be like her when she grows up.

The train to her dad's territory is delayed due to weather conditions but cool noblewoman says she'll get a private one running tomorrow. That night, MC is taking a walk and having scary flashbacks of her uncle. Cool noblewoman runs into her and they make some nice small talk and she offers that they tag along with her. She offers them tea and she says that she's excited to have MC's company as she only has one son so she always wanted a cute daughter.

She notices the signs of mental abuse on MC (but doesn't recognize where they come from) and thinks that she wants to make MC as comfy as possible (I love this woman so much). She asks MC why she's going to Silvester territory and MC shows her the father's crest and tells her that she is going to find her father, MC says that she already lost everything so she has to try even if they shut the gate in her face. The noblewoman smiles and says that she might be able to help MC with that, as she herself works in the grand duchy.

When they arrive to Silvester, the noblewoman gives MC warm clothes and drives her to the duchy in a heated carriage. The doors open for them and she asks that they're treated as her guests. The noblewoman brings MC's father to her, telling him that she found a treasure that he lost 8 years ago.

MC finally meets her dad. She is terrified of him because he looks identical to creepy Uncle Ben, but with the priest's gentle encouragement she's able to show him the crest and to tell him that her mother was Leah (apparently the hair color is pretty rare so that was also proof). MC's dad, Alistair, starts crying and he notices that MC and her mom have the same mannerisms too. He hugs her and acknowledges her as his daughter. MC is shocked that her father is the grand duke himself and not someone who may have worked for him etc.

She thinks that this is the moment she had always dreamed of but also the moment she had always dreaded.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Ceilo27, augacutan, Hathley and 23 others like this.
  18. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He could have just personally visited MC and her mother despite being in a contract marriage, he's not crippled right? And he's a grand duke and he can do whatever sht he wants.

19. Momora

Momora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition, mc father trusts his younger brother (crazy uncle) to look after Leah while leah is in his territory and since mc father is still communicating smoothly with Leah he thinks all is well. When he realized that he was tricked by his sister he was furious, he also felt very guilty when he found out that Mc was abuse. So mc father and priest talked together after mc fell asleep, priest told about mc being abuse by bad uncle and also that Leah never received a letter from mc father, the priest also apologized for agreeing bad uncle to be mc's guardian, and mc father like if you are a sinner then what am I

Minaeli, Ceilo27, Kysoneca and 13 others like this.
  20. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... reading this manhwa made me felt weird...

I guess, I'll dropped this story. Reading each chapters, makes me losing my sanity by ten percent. Using reverse psychology by pinned Benjamin as the villain, then making the biological father absence won't be as bad as what Benjamin did. Fucked up.

The father equally bad as his brother. But, ofc MC never met her father even in 1st timeline, and the adult she knew was only "uncle" Ben. Mentally wounded MC only had "uncle" Ben as the comparison, then ofc this "biological dad" viewed as the kind one when he literally did nothing in the last 8 years. Dude won the best daddy just being exist.

If it's not disgust, then I don't know what's this nasty feelings are. Ew, it's like others tried to shoved rotten food in my mouth.