LCD Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess (WN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Aean, May 8, 2021.

1. kuronokishi9

kuronokishi9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Juat want to ask, Noel is Anna's descendant right?
    With who Anna marry then?
    Makoto is a Virgin after all

2. Matchiu

Matchiu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She could have change into Abel form, collect the sperm and inject into her Anna form. That could be the hypothesis, or maybe she just marry someone random

3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, either political marriage, or make some deal with Momo for extraction of fluids. Maybe get her to look the other way, as Anna pays her respects to the coffin, with some lube and a funnel...?

4. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guy I’m saying those are all story excuses to make a joke that wasn’t funny ever keep going. No human being has this level of apathy no matter how much you want to justify it. Even from the beginning of the story before the isekai it’s just annoying how much of a disconnect the mc has with reality. He literally saw furiae’s room full of his portraits and still does nothing about it. He’s been pushed down, had these women sleep naked next to him, and what? Nothing. Absolutely no shred of human desire to actually do anything despite talking about how he has desire. That’s what I’m annoyed at, I don’t want a character that treats women as if they’re pokemon but I also don’t want an apathetic dude who acts like an asexual despite saying they aren’t.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you haven't been paying attention, he isn't human anymore, not since the first time he turned himself into a magic robot, and it got worse after he turned himself into a Spirit King, but he was still able to play along with Aya, once she called his attention to his Calm Mind skill, they would have crossed that line if they hadn't been cockblocked by a monster attack. Every time they've caught his attention he's acted on it, and gotten very close to doing something.

lohwengk likes this.
  6. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve literally read every single release till this day and I’ve said it in my past two messages. It’s excuses using “story reasons” for an extremely lame joke that I’m pretty sure no one finds funny especially considering how many times it’s been made.

7. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    I think because of his skill "RPG PLAYER".

When you play games you can't "feel" the character but you can "sympathy" on it. That's why makoto always say in monologue about why he hurt, feel and rage.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  8. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Again it’s literally cheap story excuses. I’m well aware of how it works, lol. I’m just saying it’s become more and more apparent how lazy of a plot device it’s become to write a main character with 0 personality and continue a joke that no one ever found funny. I can feel the author die inside school time he makes the joke lol. Like I love the series and I very much pay attention to different things, but I should also be allowed to have my criticisms. Just because I feel something is bad writing or a cop out doesn’t mean I hate the story. I just wanted to share my frustration about it to see if I wasn’t the only one.

9. kuronokishi9

kuronokishi9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, author of this series really like apathy (or just dense) with badass moment protag ain't it...
    At first and middle, that kind protag kinda good cause many people like that kind protag. But well, for the later part of series, it's kinda stupid...

10. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for the record (this is nearly impossible as Highland nobles have a great boner for having hero of light descendants means she didn't)...

Anna could just impregnate another woman as she's "human male" as Abel anyway. Saving her female V-card for Makoto but still propagate a descendant is still a possibility.

Still a mystery on where Noel is going to be placed. As one avenue is already closed with Momo sure that she's not Anna at all.

Edit:

Heck, we could even say that her "female" side might be able to self propagate as that race is female-only one.

11. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but Makoto (or any fictional character at that) does not have to follow anyone's delusions to have personality. RPG PLAYER isn't an excuse, that is how his personality goes.

If you could not respect that, please move on to another novel for your chad level MC.

lohwengk likes this.
  12. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Delusions? Is that what you say in response to someone having a critique for a lazy plot device. Even before the isekai he was emotionless. I also said in a previous post if you would have the respect of actually reading my posts before calling me delusional that I don’t want a protagonist that treats women like collectors items or one that literally does not react. I criticized 1 minor thing and something that isn’t unique to this author specifically, not knowing how to show emotion rather than saying you feel x or y. And am I not allowed to have criticisms after reading 300+ chapters I liked the story till now but I’m really not allowed to say I don’t like an aspect of it?

Calahan likes this.
  13. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guy is right even if he is a bit rude. We went past several arcs and the story havent move past pg13. The rating wont be getting higher anytime soon.

I suggest either you take a break reading this or look for another story as continuing on reading will not help with your frustration.

14. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People complain about virgin harem MCs but stories where the MC actually sleeps with his harem tend to be pretty disappointing. And to be clear, I'm talking about harems specifically, not stories where the MC has one or even two girls.

You'll get a sex romp or the author spending chapters and chapters with the MC trying to maintain a polyamorous relationship.

I'm not against sex romps but it's a fundamentally different type of story.

For polyamorous relationship management... I find it tedious. It detracts from the main story making the story less exciting as a result. Plus, the author has no idea how a real polyamorous relationship would work (well, who does...) so it doesn't even feel believable.

15. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a difficult balance that almost no author gets right. The MC needs to be doing interesting things in the fictional world to make the story worth reading, and once you have a MC who doing the kinds of things worth writing a story about then it really strains the suspension of disbelief to keep the MC a virgin.

The pitfall that most authors fall into is that, after deciding to add one or more women to the story for whatever reason, the story it starts to become increasingly about the MC managing the wamans and less about doing whatever it was that made the story interesting in the first place.

16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Then move on to whatever novel you want. Just because he does nothing does not give you the right to call him 0 personality.

That's how he's fleshed out.

Your argument of a lazy plot device doesn't work since it's there right from the start. It's explained early on that he doesn't get to immerse himself and practically indifferent to most things.

Heck, the highest ero power called Noah didn't do crap to him. What can two women do?

It would be a plot device if he suddenly can do them like nothing. Not the other way around.

Seriously tho you spend walls of text trying to drive your point even when the others accurately gave valid counter arguments.

And you claim that's not you running on delusion?

lohwengk likes this.
  17. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what? Im not going to respond anymore to this discussion because you’ve made nothing clear to me other than a lack of manners within discussion. If you want to understand why I keep saying from the beginning he’s had no emotion, literally read the prologue. But this is my final message here. I can see that me saying that I don’t like literally one aspect of many or give critique to it is not welcome here so i will see myself out. I hope you enjoy reading till the end.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously though, it's because he's a dedicated gamer, since the very start of the story, and even in all the flashbacks. He has a gamer's character flaws, if something is interesting then he's all in, but as soon as something else catches his attention, he's dropping everything to go all in with the next thing. He was all for the threesome with Lucy and Aya in their home, but Furiae got jealous and put them all to sleep; he was all set to go with the flow when Sofia (on Eir's instruction) pushed him down, but all of a sudden there was a high xp event going on outside; he was half naked with Aya in an igloo on Laphroig's beach, all set to become adults together, and explain things to the other three after, when there was an attack by monsters from the sea....it just goes on and on. This is who the MC is, he will drop the main quest immediately if a romance event comes up, but he'll also drop a romance event if a sidequest looks interesting enough.

Superioreos and lohwengk like this.
  19. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's my problem with Toika novels (e.g. Everyone Else is a Returnee). I love it at first but then in the mid-late parts of the story sooo much time is wasted on the MC dealing with his harem. Everyone Else is a Returnee is my favorite one yet I Reincarnated For Nothing was the only one I ever completed. I suspect it is because the big focus on heroine #1 kept the author more focused than usual.

Toika novels non-whitstanding, the benefit of keeping the MC a virgin and pseudo-single is that relationships don't need to be maintained as much. Heroines can disappear for hundreds of chapters or only be part of comedy harem events before they come back into the spotlight for a specific arc.

A good example of this would be Ryuu and Ais from Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.

lohwengk likes this.
  20. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's probably a reason why most classic literature didn't really include female characters - the fraction of authors who can include one in a story without ruining it is very small.

lohwengk likes this.