Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. They really are making this man into the devil himself lol.

2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Upon reading the the latest translated chapter it turned out that they have mana stones in that world that help moving carriages and heating castles. I’m sure the talk about communication devices will be swept under the rug, but it’s a new plot hole. I wasn’t this frustrated since reading spoilers for “There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead”.

Intercepted letters are not a legit reason to never notice that something is wrong and never visit your lover in 8! f-ing years. I usually don’t jump to conclusions but this male character is totally irredeemable. He wasn’t at a battlefield or gravely ill, he was just figuring out his personal business naively thinking that for 8! f-ing years his lover is okay living in a rural village waiting for him. And this man is the second after the Emperor in terms of power! How does he rule if he’s so trusting?

3. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't u read the spoilers? He thought he was exchanging letters to MC mom but it was acatlly the uncle. The uncle could have just said in the letter that the Duke didn't need to visit. Maybe the Duke instead on coming but the letter said no. He obviously respected what he thought was his loved ones letter. And why u hate the Duke whe he is also the victim he was deprived form his child's life. Heck he probably didn't even know she was
    Honey how do you know he didn't go to war. Just becuase they didn't mention it doesn't him it didn't happen. Plus bestie if he really loved her he would respect her wishes. How u gonna be made at him when he thought he was speaking to his lover????? How was he supposed to know something was wrong???

4. Kimjinyoung

Kimjinyoung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so who is the ml? unless there is none

5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that at least by the time MC arrived to his territory he was safe and sound in his castle figuring out contract marriage stuff. 8 years is not 8 weeks or months. It is a huge part of life where you don’t see a person and don’t know what’s going on. If he was a commoner on a battlefield who didn’t have money and power to travel to check on his lover it’s understandable to rely on letters, but the second person after the Emperor in a world with magic? Really? He respected her wishes? How noble of him. Now she’s dead and his daughter has almost became his brother’s s*x doll. All he can do is cry and regret. Cool.

6. Sarahlin

Sarahlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there’s a misunderstanding? The first post said that it’s the same author as ‘The Emperor Reverses Time’, not ‘The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass’.

7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're correct, she is the same author who also wrote The Emperor Reverses Time and not The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass. Here's the author's twitter account for more proof.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My money is on the "stepbro".

Lucy_, xpeanut, YamiSama and 2 others like this.
  9. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a big qualm that a lot of people have with the story is:

1- the fact that The Duke seemed to be in a stable position finally (and possibly has been for a while now), and instead of coming for Leah and MC he was negotiating a marriage contract. Didn't he think that a short polite answer from his lover was a little sus? idk.

2- the fact that in the 1st timeline MC reached 16 years old without a word from her dad, meaning that he most likely spent 16 years without showing his face....did he have his new family for 8 years by then? did he think that Leah was alive or did he know she was dead and never came to see? it just seems so strange and I'm hoping that we get some elaboration on that.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice how the two novels covers have a little white bird on MC's hands and the manga cover has a bird in the title? I wonder if it means something or if it's just a symbol for MC being a caged bird and stuff:blobthinkingsmirk:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  10. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "intercepted" letters lol.
    In other words, Benjamin basically wrote what his brother wanted to hear. Since he seemed very content with the current arrangement (Louise and Leah hidden away).
    What's stopping him actually visiting her himself? He "loved" the FL's mother so much that the moment he finds out she's dead he is already picking a new bride. And still making ZERO effort to find his daughter both in the first life or this one.

Yes he might not be "evil" like his creepy brother, however, he is still not blameless and did a shitty thing not only to Leah but Louise aswell. I don't think it came to "trusting" his bro to "protect" them more like dumping his responsibilities onto someone else.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  11. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like how you say "he's the grand duke, he can sneak out whenever he wants!" like he's a teenager skipping school. he's not living his "best life" as the grand duke; that's your assumption and interpretation of what he's been doing for years. i mean, i don't know if you read what i said in the second part of my post, but i said that there are legitimate reasons to not visit someone you love if you think that they'll put them in danger. and especially if Benjamin, writing as Leah, said that there is no reason for him to visit. why should he distrust anything that Leah says? if he did, it could be interpreted that he couldn't believe or trust her words.

the fact that he's seeking a contractual marriage is also proof that he's not stable in his position, or at least he feels that way. the stepmom is shown to be a fairly powerful lady, what with her able to get a train ready to go when they had been canceled. as we can see with Leah, she was completely reliant on Benjamin because she doesn't have any power and sway, and look where she ended up.

it is just a little silly to be upset to say it's not realistic that the duke didn't bother to try to visit Leah once in those eight years, then say that he could just do whatever he wants with no repercussions.

bruh are you blaming a victim of abuse and harassment for her own death lmao

there are multiple reasons why she couldn't leave. moving is expensive and you don't just "go to another place" on a whim unless you're prepared to leave most of your belongings behind. besides, even if she did decide to move away, how was she going to afford a new place? once Benjamin withdrew his support, their home was falling apart.

second, it seems clear to me that the reason she stayed in the village was because this was where the Duke left her. even though he hasn't contacted her all these years, she hasn't tried to leave or move on - that's the whole crux of her arguments with Benjamin; he keeps pushing her to accept his advances because he says its obvious that his brother has abandoned her, since she hasn't heard from him in years. but she rejects him and chooses to remain faithful to the duke. if she was going to move away, she would have already done so in the eight years.

i just think the story isn't for you guys, since it's clear that you're not happy with the plot. honestly, the whole mystery would had been quickly solved if Leah had found a alternative way to contact the Duke to go "why haven't you come to see your daughter?" but like how horror movies have to make a explanation why the protagonist can't use a cell phone to call for help (and resulting in a much shorter movie lmao), we need a communication breakdown for the plot.

this doesn't look like a "FL resents her daddy" story, so you'd probably be best looking elsewhere. it's obvious that it's a "daddy regrets he messed up big time so the FL gets a super happy ending the second time around" type of story. personally, i'm just sticking around to see if Benjamin and the villagers get what's coming to them. it's also refreshing to have the stepmom as a ally character instead of someone antagonistic and seeing the FL as a threat.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  12. AlyssVillin

AlyssVillin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't you guys cease the dad hate already? Okay, you hate him and you expressed that once which is fine and you're totally free to express your opinion but please be mindful of those who DO NOT hate him like me since going through all those replies full of nothing but hate is kinda annoying...
    For me, the father isn't that bad tbh and I can't understand the massive hate at all, I mean if I were to compare him to my own father then this one is a blessing from heaven lol Remember that people aren't white and black, no one can be an angel and no one can be a devil and we all make mistakes and no one can deny that, and the father's mistake isn't THAT grave so he can be forgiven, I would rather you direct that hate towards REAL trashy fathers instead.
    So to sum it up, CAN YOU GIVE US SOME MORE SPOILERS PRETTY PLEASE??

13. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I have never been so annoyed with a spoiler thread before, yall obsession with the father like omfg bro....
    Yes it's been 8yrs but this motherfucker is a Grand Duke. He trusted his brother & thought he was exchanging letters with the mother, not realizing it was his brother. His brother could've been saying, acting like Leah, telling him he didn't have visit. 2nd he didn't know he had a damn child.
    3rd in the first timeline, like some said, the brother/uncle could've just told him Leah died & hid the fact he had a kid.
    Yall hate for the father is ridiculous.

ANYWAY please someone tell me that that damn village burn...they deserve death (lol) after what they did to MC and her mother.

14. Mece

Mece New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most charitable interpretation I can take from the spoilers on the dad's situation is that he's never felt secure as the Grand Duke. And that he has resigned himself to never marrying the woman he loved. MC's mom and him having a relationship was a scandal that could get them both in to trouble, so he sent her away to his brother's land. When he got the brother's letters from MC's mom saying that she was fine he took it at face value. He never heard about the MC even in the first timeline because he never intended to visit. He may have never even heard of her death. At some point he must have gotten a letter saying that MC's mom didn't want to continue the relationship, and so he gave up on the idea. He is getting married to a powerful woman with male children. So he never has to worry about producing an heir. Its the perfect marriage of convivence for someone who believes they can't marry their one true love.

Am_elf, Minaeli, raiha88 and 2 others like this.
  15. Mxnhwa

Mxnhwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I like the dad. Like in the first life he didnt know that our MC exsisted because the brother intercepted the letters and obviously didn’t mention he had a child. Plus what if there was something wrong about the duchy and the dad was fixing it?? The letters the brother sent were most likely the “mom” refusing to see the dad or that she wanted to stay at the uncle’s territory. I like how people say that he should at least check up on her but also say that in a relationship one should respect the others wishes if they refuse to do something like what do you really want?? I also find it really funny how people LOVE and PRAISE Claude from WWMAP just because hes HOT forgeting that in the first life he HUNG his OWN DAUGHTER but this dad doesn’t visit the mom and HAS NO IDEA HE HAS A DAUGHTER and suddenly he’s the worst person in the world?? Also pls don’t say Claude did those things because of black magic because thats straight bs.

I hope next time you guys look at the full picture first before judging someone. The dad has reasons. Not the s**ty kind of reason but REAL reason as to why MC had no help in the first timeline and why he never visited the mom.

Istg people need to stop liking s**ty dads and like dads who were actually caring in the first timeline or had reasons to not appear in the first timeline and instead in the second timeline.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  16. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For everyone that had been wanting a spoiler for the ML:blobpensive: i can smell a stepsibling love truope here(kinda hate it) Omg- I'm dyin'

17. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *war flashbacks to Lady to Queen*

I think that was my first spoiler thread, and kinda did the same thing.

For the record, i dont really like or dislike the dad, what i sincerely hate was the injustice he was given LOL swhy i prefer to see the spoilers more. Sure, the dad was hinted, given a moment to justify and say about his true emotions, but to be dipped in that kind of angst; anyone who cannot take that kind of shit be prepared XD for the future though, if there will be a different progress from the above assumption i said, like holy hell thank you. Single dad strength is his daughter!!!! She doesnt need a new mom, she needs her fathers love cause its unconditional eternal powaaaaaah! (i mean, for a change, but we really dont know exactly where the path ends for him)

Also...i just realized...to the novel readers...did the dad discover that the letters were intercepted? Or was it just the MC who knows? Was it mentioned... the reason for the dad not to be suspicious, like his brother made someone pen a letter to answer back (like in guise like the penmanship of the mom)? Im just curious, cause everyones just stressing out their own frustrations, and kinda going after the bigger picture than the minute details.

For the record, its easy to dismiss circumstances if you lack knowledge within the universe of the novel. So, everyones assumptions of the laws of this books nobility CAN BE RIGHT LOL oh wait... Unless the author hinted an appropriate era based from, besides the reference of the art (fashion, furniture, etc.)

YamiSama likes this.
  18. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i believe in one of the spoilers someone says that the dad
    discovers that Leah never got his letters when he talks to the priest, and it's pretty easy for him to figure out that his brother was behind this because "Leah" was responding to his letters all this time, which is why he didn't think anything was wrong.

but yeah, people just love to jump to assumptions. at this point in time, the only ones who we can safely say is evil and irredeemable is Benjamin. even the villagers, as much as i dislike them, do have a semi-understandable reason for being angry but the one they should have taken that anger out should have been on their lord, who was threatening their own safety because he wanted to bone the FL's mom. so i'm not going to shed much tears if the village burns down.

19. minibeth

minibeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just funny that everyone complaining about the father not caring about the mother. When in fact we have few spoilers that explain all of his actions. There's a lot of possibility that the father is a good person. Yes there's a possibility he abandons the mother.

But author-nim has a good plot on all of her stories. What if there is a plot twist in all of this. And tadah we are all pranked in the end and the father is something that we didn't imagine he could be.

If anyone can share a big spoiler just to clear up this misunderstanding about FL's father.

If the father is living for real. He already suicide because of too much bullying from other readers lol.:blobjoy:

20. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the big plot twist is that the setting is actually a post-apocalyptic earth in the future, taking place long after the coronavirus decimated humanity which is now finally beginning to recover.

Louise's time traveling powers is a side effect of being descended from people who took the vaccine.