Recommendations Cold headed protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by evilwang, Aug 13, 2021.

1. evilwang

evilwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I start, I know for sure I will get Reverend Insanity fans so don't recommend RI or Trash of the Count's Family, SCG, OEM, or other popular novel that I might have missed.

I was recently reading "The heavenly demon can't live a normal life", and I want a protagonist that is not a dog of the current political system (bows down to nobility). MC needs to create an army, starts chaos, no romance (am I asking too much?)

Romance is not a deal breaker but all novels I've read so far lack any actual experience in dating and is either rape, forced harem, FL bullied ML, ML gains power FL begs to enter harem.

Cerene likes this.
  2. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    evilwang likes this.
  3. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are these noves that you already read good? Do you recommend them?

4. fathead

fathead Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd try Charm of Soul Pets as a novel with a cool-headed MC. The series is also completed, to boot.

The Human Emperor is also really good, at least the first part of the novel. World-building, politics, army fights etc.

5. evilwang

evilwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do. But Reverend Insanity is overrated. Nano machine and the heavenly demon can't live a normal life are good alternatives.

THE is a solid 3.5 out of 10 in my books. Fun to read but turn off your brain before. Thanks for your other suggestion but it looks like a trash novel.

Joy of Life is a masterpiece. Will read again since I can't find anything to quench my thirst for a good novel. Solid 4.5
    Monarch of Evernight is not my cup of tea...

Aqualistic likes this.
  6. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Charm of Soul Pets is pretty good, it just gets repetitive. You can go through a good chunk of it before it starts loosing its magic.

fathead likes this.
  7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  8. expertsource10

expertsource10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. fathead

fathead Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your feedback... I always found THE a bit lacking, but thought the first part of the novel was decent in the sense that the MC is fighting for recognition so he can build connections, instead of the usual 'fight in a tournament for rewards to get stronger' kind of arc.

Hope I'm not de-railing your post or anything, but curious which parts of the inital plot in THE did you find to be brain-numbing?

I do agree the repetitive recruitment of 'key individuals' to be a bit overused, and there's no character development of those characters once the MC successfully recruits them...

evilwang likes this.