Spoiler Cheating men must die (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kuro_0ni, Sep 18, 2019.

1. kurohamukami

kurohamukami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    justabotscary: [ Well, is anyone hungry?.jpg ]

:blobpopcorn_two:As I said previously, this is very similar to MXTX works, only that Shoujo version, I was not the only one to realize it and the Fandom is not stupid.:blobspearpeek:

:cookie:In the comments on Weibo, many expressed that this was similar, and the author, as a good genius, gives the story a 360° turn.:blobcat_hyper:

:justabotheart:: (I would like to take a photo, but the Chinese security networks forbid me to take by cell phone):justabotow:

:blobpopcorn_cool:And you know what they say, the more you try to hide something, the more obvious it is. Still it is not annoying that the author does this, it is rather, quite interesting in fact, it is not the first time that he does it, this he already did in the "Taoist Master" arc, this shows us that the author does not like it get hung up in the morning* (See note at the end).:blobcozy:

:blobpopcorn:Seeing that the empress dowager is the villain is a good cliché, but one where the Male Protagonist, and not the female, is the first-person reader is something little seen, since the Intrigue genre in the Harem Imperiy has always corresponded to the female side.:blobgift:

:blobmelt:This author never stops impressing me. Thanks for the summary.:blob_plusone:

*He does not like to be hung up in the morning: It is a Chinese slang for novelists, as they know in Asian countries the labor exploitation of manga artists or novel writers or screenwriters, their editors or bosses put a lot of work on them, even don't give the go-ahead. In this case the joke with this jargon is like this:

- "I've finally finished the job, I can sleep!"

*The cell phone rings the next morning and it's your editor*

- "There's a part where I'm not satisfied, do it again..."

*End of call*

- " .......... "

2. Iloverabbits

Iloverabbits Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u have the link to this?? I'm curious~!

skai.ya likes this.
  3. kurohamukami

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to the comments of this same chapter but in the official raw (AC.QQ)

skai.ya and Iloverabbits like this.
  4. Iloverabbits

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully I don't sound rude! >.< But I'm curious what part of this arc is familar to MDZS? I personally didn't read MDZS (maybe some day when I'm free =X) Maybe you could list out the similar areas?

Jem3710 and skai.ya like this.
  5. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you haven’t read it I going to put a spoiler tag in case I spoiler something. You should read it, the plot is deep and the protagonist and his love interests is very likable . There even a manhua , complete Chinese drama and a Donghua with the last season currently airing.
    It’s just the background of the original host that is similar. You see the protagonist of MDZS(WWX) is also adopted to a powerful household because the head was in love with his mother and good friend with his father. And his wife was upset about it so she treat him badly like whipping him. Also their son (JC)become good friend to the WWX and treated him like adopted brother. But there was some envy his part because WWX is more talented in cultivation and his mother keep comparing them together.And than the WWX started the demonic cultivation because he needed to in war. Which the cultivation world started to fear and dislike and get JC to dislike him after the war.WWX died battling with them before he reborn. There was no love triangle or anything involved. I personally think JC was a lot more likable characters because he was a least a more complex character

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    komo komo, Jem3710, gracecfe and 7 others like this.
  6. Iloverabbits

Reading List:
    Link
    Thnx for the reply~ Now I see some similarities!
    But IMO this arc seems more like the 'best friend and lover backstabbing MC' trope that is really popular in rebirth stories with the addition of the 'cinderella' trope (aka stepmother treating children that aren't her own badly) which is probably in MDZS from what you said. The 'adopted mother gets angry because of jealousy of the adopted child's parent' is a trope too if I'm not wrong. So I don't think the author of the manhua was trying to plagiarise, they are probably just using tropes found in other stories just like in other arcs.
    It is a little bit annoying to see stories with similar tropes compared to other more popular stories with the same trope since the stories are usually handled differently(plot points aren't the same). But of course, if it's blatant plagiarism, then the plagiarised work deserve to get compared.
    There are actually quite a few 'comparing stories' comments in chinese manhua/novel communites, which many readers dislike since it pulls away the focus of the series to other non-related series and looks disrespectful. It's kind of like K pop stans spamming their fancams on unrelated tweets.
    Personally, this type of stuff is one reason why I put off reading MDZS (Majority of the reason being its crazy fandom)
    So to anyone who really likes a series, please don't insert them forcefully in other stories comment page/ threads!:blobsob:
    Sorry if I sound rude or offended anyone but I really want to get this off my chest and make a point!:blobsad:

7. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, I 100% don’t think it was plagiarism. It’s just the settings and the trope and the feeling there could be BL make me compare to MDZS. Even the character personality it extremely different and there was no love triangle, just replace it with some power hungry old man

And I really like MDZS so I am extremely happy for this arc. If this happen in modern time or the host was a girl, I wouldn’t thought of it because basically most of the arc of this manhua the original hosts was betray by someone. I personally was looking forward for this arc to see some possible BL if there is any and plot for this arc is really interesting since it’s the first time the original host is man.:blobpopcorn:

gracecfe, skai.ya, Poor_Hero and 2 others like this.
  8. Iloverabbits

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope there is a BL ship too!! But if the 'male lead' falls for Lu Xia... Ugh... Please let Lu Xia meet a good guy!!! Not that trash of a ML...

gracecfe, skai.ya, Poor_Hero and 2 others like this.
  9. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    What is MDZS?

skai.ya likes this.
  10. kurohamukami

Reading List:
    Link
    Mo dao Zu Shi

skai.ya, Ray Levantret and FunSmiles like this.
  11. skai.ya

skai.ya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no...
    • Luxia explains that she's now weak while the Empress is strong, so she have no choice but to follow but that doesn't mean she can't pull some tricks behind Empress's back.
    • So Luxia made a puppet, that puppet will complete the mission for her, the puppet enters the portal that connects the Celestial realm (i changed Sky palace to Celestial realm) to the human realm, and then Luxia will quickly apply for the competition.
    • If QC has the smallest desire to fight back, he won't be bullied to this point. Luxia goes to apply, lo & behold, the person who's sent by Empress isn't there anymore, after she agrees to go to human realm, Empress can relax because QC is an obedient child.
    • Mouse is still doubtful, because even tho its a different person, but they can't guarantee if that person is the Empress's spy, Luxia assures him that Empress is just a ruler, she won't intervene as the army belongs to the general, if she does, it will be considered a taboo (for the general).
    • Empress is a greedy woman, so she won't make this type of careless mistake, so Luxia went to apply. On the day of the competition, YM is hiding behind a tree, BX asks him why did he choose a secluded spot, YM tells her if he don't, he will be treated like a monkey by the deities.
    • BX says that it's a pity that QC can't join, his wish is to join the army and now the Empress send him on a mission, he has to wait for another 1000 years.
    • YM hugs BX, and says even tho QC is op, and even tho the competition will only have 1 winner, if he lose, he should join for the experience, Luxia appears and tells them that she's learning from YM, pulling some tricks, after all, how can she miss such a big event.
    • YM is surprised in the change in character, BX says it's good that both of them can participate, she will cheer both of them, Luxia & YM are in group 2, group 1 is called in for competition.
    • Since YM & Luxia are in the same group, YM says its good as they can compare their archery skills. Meng Fan (MF, hmm no lol), out of 10 shots, 8 of them hit the target, many deities praise him, YM walk past him and tells him he's not his opponent, Meng Fan then says he shall watch and see his archery.
    • In the judge's seat (more like altar lol), one guy said Empress tells him YM's archery skills is excellent, the guy next to him say that it's only natural for him to be good, as that's the crown prince he's been taking care of.
    • The other guy stops halfway because he notices QC (aka luxia) is on the list, the guy asks him to quickly report to Empress, news of Luxia joining the competition reached Empress's ears, she mad af.

12. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no..

I think this time it would be a rather long arc, maybe 30 chp or something, this empress seems like someone hard to defeat

Thank you for the spoiler!

13. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw these this step-mother type character. If I had a son like QC, even if he were the son of someone I hate, I would be crying tears of joy. How many people can you find that is like QC.

I wonder how luxia will handle this empress since she seem quite smart for stopping QC to enter the army since usually unfavor prince was forced to enter the army because they want him to die, which usually backfired as the prince won the war and got frame. I am really a bit disgusted and confused watching the FL and ML interact with luxia since they literally cheat in front of her(him?) and yet act so normal.

14. skai.ya

Reading List:
    Link
    mmmhh, ok.

i guess in short, bx likes whoever is good. if ym is good she'll like him, if qc is good, she'll like him.
    • YM managed to hit the target 9/10 times, which is on par with the historical record as well as Meng Fan's score, Meng Fan is shocked, BX is overjoyed & hugs YM.
    • Many deities comment that the ones coming after YM will have tons of pressure, the general that rules the army also scored 9/10, QC's skills are so-so, QC scoring 5/10 will already be very good for him.
    • Well, Luixa fires the arrow, YM & BX cheers for her, the general is looking at her on the side, his aide tells him according to the palace, QC's skills are average, general doesn't believe, after all his father is op, so like father like son, how can he be only average + the news from palace aren't reliable.
    • Luxia manages to hit 8/10, people are shocked, BX is still cheering while YM here is getting uncomfortable and wonders all if QC had been going easy on him all the time, and then... 10/10. Luxia broke the 10,000 year record, BX starts falling for her, YM's getting more and more uncomfortable.
    • After Luxia is done, BX runs to her, YM tried calling for BX, but BX didn't hear him. The General walks over to them, praises Luxia, Luxia greets him and says it's just luck. General thinks Luxia is a good candidate, many deities are praising Luxia for being able to score 10/10 while getting noticed by General.
    • YM is getting furious, and guess what? Empress arrives & disqualifies Luxia. (ahahahaha, right on time there pal)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    DOHere, Lucila, Leilacus and 18 others like this.
  15. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    it's kinda funny how you can just decide to like someone simply like that

16. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy, Seem like YM started to get jealous. It will be a matter of time,they started to plot against luxia. I wonder what will happen the next chapter since luxia already succeeded on attracting the attention needed to join the army and the empress unfairly disqualified since I suppose there is no rule broken. Also, the general guy seem like a decent person that could help (QC) luxia

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    gracecfe, FunSmiles and skai.ya like this.
  17. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    best emoticon for this series ( ^▽^)っ✂╰⋃╯

18. skai.ya

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone, prepare your popcorns & 3D glasses. we're in for a ride.
    • Many deities are wondering why Empress suddenly disqualifies Luxia, they also wonder if there's some secret behind it. Empress asks Luxia to follow her, General tells her Luxia is a talented individual that the army lacks so why disqualify him.
    • Empress says she has her reasons & asks the General if he wants 'argue' with her just because of a low ranking deity, General now knows Empress hates QC & bullies QC, but he can do anything because she's the ruler and has a good image.
    • General says it's a pity, QC has no backing & is targeted by Empress, BX pops in and says if there's a misunderstanding, YM stops her from speaking further, but BX still wanna say something, until Luxia stops her then she stops.
    • Next, Luxia expose Empress ask her to get her hairpin situation (XD), Empress is like, "Oh crap, he actually said it in the public.", Empress starts to stutter, General thinks Empress purposely did this as losing a hairpin is a smoll issue.
    • The deities think losing a hairpin is a small issue & Empress can just order a soldier to find it + Empress makes Luxia miss the 1000 year event for such a small issue + Luxia is excellent so YM maybe....
    • Luxia is smirking, she wants to let everyone know that Empress is bullying the 2nd male lead, Luxia then presents the hairpin to Empress & asks if she's allowed to join the competition.
    • Empress is losing her cool, Luxia is causing her to lose her good rep, Empress is also wondering if QC's obedience is an act. (drum rolls please ladies & gents) Empress tells Luxia she doesn't want to let her join the competition because she doesn't want her to end up like her parents, dying in the battlefield.
    • Luxia rebuts, and asks why does she let YM join the competition , YM will be the future emperor, if he joins the army, won't he will be in danger as well. empress.exe has stopped working.
    • The deities agree with Luxia and thinks Empress has favoritism and the whole situation is complicated, General is pleased with Luxia as she's knows how to use the enemy's weakness to her advantage to turn the tables around.
    • Everyone keeps gossiping, Luxia apologizes for speaking in a wrong manner, from young she just wants to follow the footsteps of her parents, and don't mind dying, she then begs Empress to allow her to fulfill her dreams.
    • Empress think she can't drag this on further or else rumors will be flying & affect her & YM's reputation, so Empress lets Luxia continue while thinking she underestimate that b*'s son. Luxia thanks Empress & thinks that the 'movie' has just started.
    • It's evening now, the first round of competition has concluded, tomorrow the will compete on magic circles (ig, because i dont know the exact translation sorry).
    • BX keeps complementing Luxia, YM can't stand anymore so shouts, "ENOUGH!!!" & leaves, BX thinks he may have fall sick because he acts weirdly, Luxia agrees with her while thinking, "Go ahead, be jealous, the sooner you reveal your ugly heart, the sooner I can take action & the better the action will be."
    just a small note, i'll be using Luxia instead of QC from now. just remember when I use Luxia, no one knows that it's Luxia in QC's body. I'll only be using QC if the text is referring to og QC.

19. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the translation! I can’t wait for more. Luxia really amazing for exposing the empress like this.:blobpopcorn: See what good image she had left if people learn she is a child abuser.
    And what will happen to BX. At one moment she is embracing YM, the next moment she on QC side. I want to take a glance at BX and YM after the original QC die since it said it was a abusive relationship.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  20. GhoulishGrrl

GhoulishGrrl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like shittyness runs in the bloodline. :blobexpressionless:

I really can't wait to watch this Luxia go all wrecking ball on this house of cards. :blobspearpeek: