Mafia [Mafia] DotA Lynch Game Interest and OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by A5G_Reaper, Nov 8, 2016.

?

What to do in case of tie?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. No Lynch!

4.0%
  2. Lynch a random in the tie!

12.0%
  3. Lynch a random outside the tie!

24.0%
  4. Lynch ALL ties!

28.0%
  5. Decide every game differently!

32.0%
  1. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a kidnapping game -> ie, instead of dying, the scum "kidnap" a town into a chat and keep them there

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Get Rule 1'd scrub. That is all.

Tilgarial likes this.
  3. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I played Tiggerbane's Game, I think this is what happened:

D1
    On D1, town lynched alexfilia (town cop).

First, skimming through votes, there were a lot of mini two-vote wagons on Joker, Zone, alex, Glass. Then votes became more spread out as other suspects started getting voted. At one point, ten people were being voted for in a 15 player game. Then things started to consolidate between alexfilia and Glass Shard.

From my personal viewpoint, what alex was posting was inherently a little scummy. There seemed to be a lack of effort on her part to play the game at a bare minimum level. As she was reading the thread and responding to quotes, she chose to engage with fluff rather than any real content. She hit the 10 post requirement and never came back to the thread.

I think the sus on alex was relatively warranted.

Glass was also being suss'd for having too much fluff in her posts, which also was warranted IMO.

Generally, as town you would prioritize lynching scummy people over inactives. After all, why would you want to lynch an inactive who you have no info on, when you could lynch someone who is acting scummy right in front of you?

I think avoiding a D1 mislynch would be difficult in this case. We had a T/T wagon at EOD, and it's not like you could have read either as circumstantially town.

What I think town could have done better on D1:
    • Broaden the discussion to a slightly wider range of players instead of honing in on just alex and Glass for the large part of the last day. The people that did try to broaden it (Xertz on Nyann; Joker on Tilga) were mostly ignored. Instead we had people pre-flipping alex and Glass and worldbuilding from there. You don't need to discuss everyone at once, but there comes a certain point where what's been said about X person has mostly been said, and it's more productive to shift to another conversation topic.
    • Alex and Glass themselves could have posted better content, so that they wouldn't automatically be scumread in the first place. I understand that they were town PR, so they had a natural desire to lay low. But they were laying too low.
    D2
    On D2, town lynched Tilga (VT)

The wagon started on Glass as mafia bait, but then quickly shifted to Tilg with a counterwagon on Joker (T) and Agentt (T), but it mostly stayed there.

I think the mislynch essentially happened because multiple loud town voices were tunneling Tilga, and it would be hard to get out of that.

What I think town could have done better on D2:
    • There was a lack of cohesion in town. Everyone was kind of sus'ing each other. When the POE is essentially the entire player list minus Zone and Psyx, it makes the game a lot harder to solve.
      • Yes, you guys are solving. But reading through, it felt like multiple people were trying to play as town lead. Other than mostly sus'ing Tilga cohesively, the thread was going off in all sorts of different directions, which was very hard to follow.
    • It's not easy, but town should have at the very least, been reconsidering Tilga rather than falling deeper and deeper into the tunnel.
      • One way: Instead of reading through Tilga's ISO looking for why everything makes sense from a scum!Tilga perspective, read through it from a town!Tilga perspective and ask if it could make sense too.
    D3
    Okay, town was almost screwed at this point NGL, especially since scum needed one misvote and the BSG decided that town!Joker was going to be the yeet of the day. It also didn't help that town!psyx's slot was inactive and town!decora was inactive. At MYLO, that's essentially crippling for town.

What town could have done better on D3:
    • LYLO is not the time when you just go down your scumread checklist and complacently lynch the next person down the list, which is kind of what happened. It's the time to pretty much reevaluate everything. It's not going to be easy but it's probably the best thing you can do in a scenario when you are at LYLO with no scum flips.
    • I think town could have turned things around if they listened and followed Joker's plan to all transfer credits to Glass. That would have pretty much outted the entire scum team since none of us had credits except Nyann (lol). I did have a back up plan, but it was still going to be an uphill battle.

4. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have liked to see you catch me on that :cookie:

5. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    |.•
    No tips for me?

Cream likes this.
  6. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, nvm
    I made some pretty basic mistakes, thinking back >.>

Cream likes this.
  7. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf (TWTBAW) essentially :cookie::cookie::cookie:

8. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    You would get better answers from Joker/Zone/Psyx since they were the ones that interacted with you that day.

(I do think you could have done a slightly better job defending yourself though.)

Tilgarial likes this.
  9. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Agentt in a nutshell.

Xertz likes this.
  10. Isolated0371

Isolated0371 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Me)
    Zone just sheeped my Tilg read iirc

I’m called ‘aggressive’ often as well (though I never notice if I’m actually being aggressive)

Tilgarial and Cream like this.
  11. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, mthe lack of genuine panic and plan during LYLO, and going after Joker and Agentt (who were LHF-ish) instead of looking at all the players one-by-one. Knowing how competitive you are, town!Cream would have been keenly aware of how scrwed up town was and would rally the others.

Cream likes this.
  12. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you accepted your lynch too easily (might be due to Zone saying he needed to resolve your slot) and wasn't really sussing anyone aside from Joker. From my POV it seemed like you were just avoiding giving any scum spew.

You prolly could've escaped if you were adamant and pushed back hard (not that weak AtE)? :hmm:

13. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Great analysis! :aww:blobmelt_thumbs:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Cream likes this.
  14. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    I was panicking. Just as scum not town. :blobrofl: @Joker13 's plan gave me a freaking heart attack. :blob_coughblood:

I think you are pretty on the mark though. :cookie:

iampsyx likes this.
  15. Joker13

Joker13 Sleep Deprived Fool[Sheepiest sheep to ever sheep]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why it was the plan, if only town had listened

iampsyx and Cream like this.
  16. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I just tunneled Tilg because he already had 3 votes (Joker, Isol & Zone) and the other possible lynch candidate was Joker who I wasn't really sold on. I felt Lissi's sus points against Joker on D1 were reach-y, but I was lowkey ignoring the whole Lissi/Joker/Nyann discussion and didn't have the patience to get myself involved when I was already dealing with a bloated POE. Tilg + Agentt was a convenient scumteam which solved most of my problems, and I took it. :blobsweat_2:

17. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Putting Agentt in your POE is a terrible choice.

18. Joker13

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean...
    It wasn't only because you claimed it. It was because of the lack of evidence pointing towards anything else.
    For example on that last day, not a single person said anything about the posts in kidnap chat. So it was pretty clear at that point that you were probably telling the truth

19. Joker13

Reading List:
    Link
    And with the situation that town was in, a good medium would've definitely said something about those posts because town needed leads.

20. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    little did you know that Joker was playing 5d chess

Tilgarial and iampsyx like this.