Wearing School Uniforms

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by superdelicate, Sep 1, 2021.

?

What's Your Opinion About Uniforms

1. I wear/wore them and I hated it

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. I wear/wore them and I loved it

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. I don't care if need to wear one or not

30 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. I never wore and I want to wear!

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. I never wore and I don't want to wear either

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. superdelicate

superdelicate cat facing down

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you guys feel about school uniforms? I went to school in america so I didn't need to wear one. Maybe it's because I read and watch too many high school romance dramas, but I'm quite jealous of countries that have kids wear school uniforms

Most of them look really smart, with ties and button shirts, it really gives off the 'going to school' vibe. And in the future you can reminisce about your school days in uniform hahaha.
    I even like the chinese tracksuit uniforms!! It looks so comfortable haha, I wouldn't need to try hard to wear something ok looking everyday. And it still gives off a school vibe cause everyone in the school is wearing it :)

But in the end I think it's probably better that I didn't need to wear a uniform, because american schools with uniforms normally have a polo and khaki uniform. It's one of the few uniform looks I hate lol the combination is sooooooo ugly and it doesn't have the benefit of being comfortable either

2. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    <.< wore one for sunday school.... i'm only iffy about em because having to wash em.... either buy many sets(they're expensive and won't fit after a while cuz growing up) or do the fudging laundry all the time after use (water, also expensive cuz we live in the dessert)

They were not comfortable either just so you know....

now That i thjk about it.... the uniform didn't even match from year to year so everyone was wearing different styles of it anyways..... they shoulda just said white top and black bottoms and be done with it....

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  3. FearFire

FearFire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my experience of wearing nice clothes with a tie when I was younger it sucked. Adding a jacket on top of that sounds horrible. Polo top uniforms are much more tolerable.

Though I do agree it looks nice and I can appreciate that now when theres almost never a chance to dress up really.

superdelicate likes this.
  4. superdelicate

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah i figure it's probably not the most convenient if you look at it from the laundry standpoint especially for elementary schoolers who don't have a habit of keeping clean and might grow a lot XP

5. ForeLeave Clover

ForeLeave Clover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wear them as I live in Florida and they’re required , though only the shirt. There’s some regulations on what you can wear for pants for safety and legal reasons. I like them cause they aren’t restrictive on my body and I don’t have to pick what to wear every day.

6. yuurung

yuurung Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to wear school uniforms in Korea, tbh I think 80% of schools have the same design of school uniforms-? Dark navy and black are the most common colors, along with the outfit consisting of a blouse, skirt/pants, vest, blazer/cardigan, and a ribbon/tie.
    A lot of students go against the school regulations and wear non-uniforms to school (and get caught by the teachers at the entrance or hall) and I could understand why- they can be extremely uncomfortable. The skirts are too tight/short and it can get really cold in the winter yet the uniforms aren't warm enough. The worst part is that school uniforms in general (even for public schools) are pretty expensive.
    I'm pretty sure that most Korean students prefer to have no uniform regulation for school- but it's somewhat of a tradition and culture now. Personally, I enjoyed wearing skirts to the point I'd wear them to school during the winter when temperatures dropped to a negative celsius. (w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶z̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶d̶?̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶o̶f̶)

7. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. But what I found out about uniforms. It creates equality. There is no poor or rich. Just students. I’ve also heard it builds school pride.
    But yeah same here. Raised in US we’re freedom of speech reigns supreme. Except for private school. But yeah I would have love to have wear a uniforms. They look so sharp

8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Uniforms are standard here in my country but the style varies a bit from school to school, especially between public (govt) schools and private or religious schools.
    In high school (to americans and the like, it's basically middle and high school combined), the uniform was button up shirts similar in fabric and style to business shirts, cargo shorts and long pants made of durable fabric for boys and either skirts, shorts or pants made of the same light fabric for girls.

Private and religious schools tend to have the more traditional and stereotypical uniforms with blazers, ties, business style pants for boys and knee length skirts for girls being common.

In primary(elementary) school, it was polo shirt style made of cotton and cargo shirts or pants with the option of gingham dresses as an alternative for the girls. the primary school regulations were much looser than high school.

9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    My school had a dress code of khakis and polo shirts, but it wasn’t a uniform, and we could wear other shirts, we were just encouraged to wear polo. A lot of kids got away with breaking the dress code, especially the girls, including me. You weren’t supposed to wear graphics on your shirt, but the only time I got in trouble for it was when I accidentally wore my gym shirt. Otherwise, the teachers would never say a word. It wasn’t so bad.

My dad wanted me to go to a school that had an actual uniform, skirts and all, but I exnayed that.

10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like wearing the school uniforms they show in TV shows, although I do think maybe they wouldn't be warm enough for the winter months XD

11. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it really help a lot. I don't have to mind about my clothes, just buy many sets of uniform. Also in my country because the school decides the uniform design, it's really cool to see other uniform with blue, brown, or red color and really different design

12. yuurung

yuurung Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could understand "school pride" and all but for equality, it's a bit more complicated(?)
    When students are forced to wear the same clothes or follow a specific style, there's always going to be a way to express that they "stand out" from others. For example, shoes are not in school regulations (at least in Korea) so some students purposely wear luxurious brand shoes or ones with some kind of name value. There are accessories (watches and wallets) and devices (laptops, phones, earphones) that unconsciously show off what kind of income family you're from.
    There are occasionally students that can't afford more than a pair of uniforms, thus they have to wear the same clothes for the entire week, or people who can only afford pre-owned uniforms. This creates somewhat of a gap between the poor and rich students.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  13. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I wore uniform all the way to 8th grade. my uniform was khaki pants in elementary and burgundy shirt with a wolf print and white and green with khaki pants or white pants were allowed or shorts and eagle print in middle school.

The first 3 years of high school I had no uniform I would always wear jeans usually dark colored and white shirt with a collection of dark colored hoodies with all kinds of designs. my hoodie collection was no joke from weird hoodies with gun prints and weed hoodie to skeleton hoodies. I had them made in a really cool shop that doesn't exist anymore you could build your own hoodies $20 for 10 hoodies you can make your own designs and use all the equipment in the shop or bring your own tools too and if you bring your own materials it's only $5 to use a work station with all the equipment.

My senior year uniform were implemented. It was khaki pants with white shirt or orange shirt with a cobra print. It feel like I down graded animals as I got older first a wolf then an eagle then a snake my uni was an Ibis, but the football mascot just looks like a duck tho.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <--- one of them anyway the one I wore was green and white stripes which no longer exists it seems. random kid with my school uniform.

[​IMG]
    <-- I couldn't find a pic of the uniform, but I remember being allowed to wear these too. BTW my high school was actually built to be a bunker/bomb shelter in the 70s so there is no windows and plenty of sniper points it has 2 floors underground and 3 floors with class rooms I remember there being at least 5-6 thousand students and walking in the hallway was chaos with no space to move and constant bumping into other ppl like a cramped subway station.

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of reminds me of that episode of “Isekai no seikishi no Monogatari”. Where the only difference was their under garments were different. Lol

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    yuurung and Sabruness like this.
  15. superdelicate

Reading List:
    Link
    imo the color is pretty ugly XP but I think it's good you guys had some different kind of options for shirts

5-6 thousand students is so many OO
    My high school's only around 2000 and we already considered it big

16. MoLianCheng

MoLianCheng Member

Reading List:
    Link
    look good only with nice colors xD

17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    That middle school was ugly, but I wore a green and white striped long sleeve shirts when in middle school, but I did have 2-3 green shirts and 3-4 white shirts too along with 4 striped ones which I think they no longer have those which I thought looked the nicest.

[​IMG]/SPOILER]

18. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My elementary school in america had uniforms. There was some debate though during the time i was a school kid whether to have uniforms or not to have uniforms. Many kids did not like uniforms bc it restricts their style they have to be same as all the other ones. Plus the cost for uniforms too. Or if you only had one set of uniform and it was in the cleanings still? I think by the time my sis who was still in elementary school, things changed and no uniform required. Ofc, the elementary school I went thru for all grades was a bit different in that it had some freedom to have its own rules and one of those rule was uniforms.

Meh bout uniforms though. I don't look back to the clothing I'm wearing then for reminiscence, I rather look at pictures and stuff done during those years and chat with old classmates for reminiscence. Uniform isn't really made solely for aesthetic, thu it probably is made so kids don't have such vast variations of clothing style that you have to spend more time defining the dress code on what can be wear and what can't.

Would I be totally against uniforms? Not really. Do I want it to happen, if ever got sent back in time as a kid? Not really.

19. elliejoy123

elliejoy123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from asia and most schools here require their students to wear uniforms. Tbh I like that better since you don't have to think about what you're gonna wear.

idlereader and Wing0 like this.
  20. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not what your probably thinking of but I wore a uniform when i went to Motorcycle Mechanic Institute. The blue and black shirts in this picture. It was ok but what you cant see is part of the uniform is a buckle-less belt to prevent scratching the bikes when were working on them. The thing was always a pain in the ass due to how it worked and the little pins bending or breaking off. I had to replace so many of them.
    [​IMG]