Picked Up My Corpse is Bohemian

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by GoldenTiger0, Sep 4, 2021.

1. GoldenTiger0

GoldenTiger0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Language: Chinese

Name: 我的尸身放荡不羁
    Alternative Name: My Corpse is Bohemian

Author: 雪原幽灵
    [Same author as {Heroic Death System} and {The Woman who Became the “Male” God}]

Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3533357
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-corpse-is-bohemian/

Type: Web Novel(CN)

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Supernatural

Chapters: 149 Chapters + 2 Extra (151 Chapters)

Description:
    She is a movable corpse, with no heartbeat, no breathing, no pulse, no body temperature, and every day she thinks about how to antiseptic, moisturize, whiten, and maintain vitality. Do sauna hot springs to invigorate blood, drink angelica and red jujube chicken soup to replenish qi, eat vegetables and fruits to replenish water, daily exercise to prevent osteoporosis, always use brains to prevent rigid thinking. She is determined to be a healthy, environmental-friendly and pollution-free good corpse.

Modern sweet and refreshing text, overhead background, technology is only a little bit higher than modern, the year is a cloud, and occasionally there are pseudo-scientific settings.

-----
    jjwxc Rating: 9.6

Personal Rating: *****

Personal Review:
    Extremely soft and sweet, especially the romance and interactions of the MC (An Bu) and ML (Jian Ning Xuan). Filled with fluff, slight horror, adventures (short-lived) and a little angst (very little: at most for 3-4 chapters). It's early romance considering how quick the two wanted to cohabitate. There are myriad of incidents as the MC does part-time jobs from all the walks of the life and the people she saves have their own story. Extremely well-written bringing various emotions to life.

It's the story of a dead corpse whose 5 senses are incomplete and can only smell and hear well, lives in a colorblind world, devoid of taste sensations and feels no pain, who wants to live life, experience things and tries hard not to be lifeless, saving countless people in order to gather the life value obtained from the rescue. That corpse suddenly meets someone who brings color to the colorblind-self, whose whispers can make her feel sensations on her skin and whose caring melts her corpse-heart. And so, the corpse-shit-shoveler abducted her colorful-cat-master home.

On the other hand, it's also the story of a living-portable-heater whose heat was so strong that he would sweat himself as if walked into rain and couldn't bear temperatures above 27 degree Celsius and no one dare to come close to him and as such without the ACs, all the world was burning with heat for him. Yet he met someone who became the only piece of solace for him, with an ever-lasting cooling effect. The more he knew of his walking-AC, the more he became curious and couldn't help but care for her as she did for him. And so, the hotter-than-a-heater squeezed himself into the home of his colorful-walking-AC.

I really really loved this one even among the other novels of the same author. Especially the couple dynamics. I smiled, I laughed, I questioned, I raged and I cried. The novel had me satisfied in the end.

Edit: Thanks to the translator for picking this novel up~

---
    Tags: Amnesia, Apartment Life, Appearance Different from Actual Age, Beautiful Female Lead, Calm Protagonist, Carefree Protagonist, Caring Protagonist, Cautious Protagonist, Charismatic Protagonist, Cheats, Clever Protagonist, Cohabitation, Cold Love Interests, Comedic Undertone, Confident Protagonist, Death, Determined Protagonist, Devoted Love Interests, Disabilities, Doting Love Interests, Early Romance, Eidetic Memory, Eye Powers, Fast Learner, Female Protagonist, Handsome Male Lead, Hard-Working Protagonist, Heartwarming, Hiding True Identity, Human-Nonhuman Relationship, Humanoid Protagonist, Jack of All Trades, Love Interest Falls in Love First, Low-key Protagonist, Misunderstandings, Multiple Identities, Near-Death Experience, Pragmatic Protagonist, Precognition, Proactive Protagonist, Resurrection, Secretive Protagonist, Seeing Things Other Humans Can't, Stoic Characters, Strong Love Interests, Survival, Unconditional Love, Wealthy Characters

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    My dude, probably get the description before the tags? Or maybe a TLDR.

3. GoldenTiger0

GoldenTiger0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, how? And thanks for advice.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    much better! personally, this seems extremely fascinating. the novelty factor is very high, but thats the gimmick. whether it has core content or not depends..

5. JamesBunny

JamesBunny Well-Known member

Reading List:
    Link
    picked up, but the raw link requires me to pay so ima use some other random Chinese website with the raws. If someone wants to take over be my guest

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023