Spoiler Honey, I'm Going On A Strike

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Sep 19, 2021.

1. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    " MC acts like the ML in her previous life beat her and terrorized the land, when really he was just emotionally negligent and away at war basically all the time"
    just???

i don't like how your word seems like you underestimate the effect of neglecting your partner:blobsweat:. its really is not simple matter its damaging..

btw how will the misunderstanding in previous life where ML actually didn't cheat on FL (and all other misunderstanding) is cleared up?

2. Trinitytiger

Trinitytiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion

It wasn't implying anything only a casual word choice on my part.

I don't believe negligence is anything to scoff at either. Like Aron Dare stated, MC had to deal with a lot because ML was always away. She raised their children, took care of the management of their home and their land. It's great pressure to undergo. My reaction is more towards how in the manhwa the MC's reaction to the ML makes him out to be the devil incarnate. During the reunion tea with her friend, her inner dialogue even described the ML as "wicked" which would usually imply that someone is a lot worse than negligent.

Overall, I understand the MC's attitude but I also feel like she's getting in her own way and creating or allowing more misunderstandings to arise. It's not much different than her previous life when she silently let things slide. She's still too quick to form opinions based on her own feelings regardless of what the truth is. Again, totally justified with being angry with or even hating ML but I wish she had a more calm and collected way of processing what's happening in the moment. MC would get what she wants easier if she did lol. But then there's nothing like contrived drama, I suppose.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  3. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers about FL and ML relationship progress?

4. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -DISCUSSION-
    "Keeping a girl"- How? He gave her a secure job as a servant to ensure she is well taken care of. It's not like he's keeping her a mistress or something. He just gave her a job. And it's not even a job that serves him. He put her directly under FL as her lady-in-waiting. It wouldn't have been bad if she was a normal, decent, supportive friend. Unfortunately, it is ultimately a bad decision, as she is psycho.
    And yes, minus points for lack of bedroom skills haha but everyone has to start somewhere and he's willing to learn. I have to give plus points for enthusiasm lol. And anyway, it's realistic, how can virgin men just suddenly become sex gods.

5. yoyo098

yoyo098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DISCUSSION

Based on the spoilers I’m confused why you probably think she also didn’t emotionally neglect the ML. I swear manhwa’s nowadays always maje it seems like it emotionally neglectful for the husband to not put any effort in the relationship when she in fact didn’t aswell. Lets not forget that the she didn’t even bother teaching ML who was a commoner how to act as a noble despite being a noble herself. This manhwa has show that despite the miscommunication if FML actually spoke her mind properly the ml would actually listen. Like on their first night when she said that people would spread rumours about her if he didn’t sleep with her, despite him being uncomfortable he still did

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  6. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    -DISCUSSION- (I will be marking my discussion posts from now on so those only looking for spoilers can skip reading.)
    Honestly, I think they are both to blame for their unhappy marriage. They needed to communicate properly and neither of them did. Sure, the ML is aloof towards FL, and she was unhappy about it. But did the FL ever say something to him about it? I would think not- considering ML's reaction to her telling him he is bad in bed. He immediately sought help to remedy that situation which shows just how actually considerate he was of her. He's awkward and socially inept. I'm not saying it's right- but I understand him. If she JUST spoke to him, communicated with him, I think he would've done something to fix that too. Same goes for him too, if he just reached out to her, gave her more affection instead of working more to get more money to keep her in the affluent lifestyle that she was used to (and even here, we see him being considerate of her), then they could've worked things out.

THIS. Exactly. Sure the ML wasn't affectionate towards her. But was she affectionate towards the ML? No.
    Idk but she painted the ML in such a bad light. She was a good mother to her kids, and a good baroness to her people, but that doesn't mean she was a good wife to the ML too. They both failed each other.

Readers are just wired to take FL side since most are female and with herd mentality thing just automatically take her side. And also, since she was sick and dying when we last saw her, it's easy to see her as a victim and her husband as a villain. But it takes two to communicate, and there are two people in a marriage. Both of them are accountable.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Inasible, Akunx, shugu8rena and 35 others like this.
  7. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY! Its easy to say "The ml sucks" when all we see is from the fl s pov, who has some bad assumptions about the ml (and so does the ml, they are both guilty of this). We are seeing a warped perspective, and are always listening to her thoughts and her feelings, never the mls. If we saw the story from his perspective we might think the fl is a huge bitch. We would see the ml working himself to the bone, and returning home to a wife who is ungrateful and who no matter what he does thinks of him poorly. Obviously that is not the full picture, but neither is the story told from the pov of the fl.

One hypocrisy that seems to go unnoticed was how the fl commented on how rude it was that the childhood friend always referred to the ml by his name even though she referred to him by his title, BUT when her friend comes over and does the same thing she is irritated when the ml isn't ok with this. Sure we as the readers know that the two childhood friends have different intentions but the fl dosent, so why is she not criticised? Not to mention that her friend hugged her in front of her husband, but if the mls friend would have done that we would have been outraged that the ml let her do such a thing.

For once this is a story where they BOTH need to communicate better, and where they BOTH need to put in effort, hopefully we will get a story where both parties agree that they did wrong.

MianneChan, Akita, Elren and 24 others like this.
  8. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    -DISCUSSION-
    I wouldn't say I'd think she's a bitch too because she doesn't actually do anything bad. I do find her quite hypocritical though. She has a woe-is-me persona but doesn't actually bother confronting her problems. And I'm saying this as a manhwa reader (I haven't read the novel), but it was mentioned in one chapter that she had to step up and take care of the household and the land while her husband was off to war. Like she's complaining. No one asked her to do so. Sure, ML should have been taking care of this, but he's born a commoner, and is a soldier. He's not born into aristocracy- what does he know about such things? But does she bother to educate him? Tell him what he SHOULD be doing? What he should NOT be doing? No.

And the way she referred to her husband going off to war, she makes it sound like he's off having fun far away from her without her.
    Sis, he's going to war! Fighting and killing with the risk of getting maimed or killed himself. It's not a holiday! She was busy and affection starved (romantically speaking), but she's staying in peace and comfort with her lovely children and loyal servants. She definitely didn't get the shorter end of the stick.

Absolutely agree on that hug scene being hypocritical too. Some readers would see the scene of her childhood friend hugging her with both of them happily smiling and would say, "they're just friends" and let it slide. But if the female childhood friend was the one to do that to the ML and then she and ML are happy smiling and cuddly and blushy they would have been pissed off. It's absolute double standards both in the parts of the FL and (some of) the readers.

None of them is perfect. Frankly, they both had no business being in a marriage, let alone getting married to each other. They're both just not emotionally mature enough- in the first timeline anyway. I'm hoping to get major character development from both sides. I would like to see them happily married because they do have their hearts in the right place (especially the ML) but fail to communicate and it's just a series of mistakes and misunderstandings.

9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the mtl chapter 170 ending, I think it was literal.

lentilha, Ophelia_Hecate and its0k like this.
  10. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not very clear why ML was attached to his childhood “friend” in the previous TL when it’s obvious that he had to suffer a lot because of her during their childhood and he didn’t like her.
    And it seems that she wasn’t a maid, in one of the manhwa flashbacks ML said to MC not to treat her as a maid, because she’s the only one he trusts or something similar.
    I do know he didn’t cheat and didn’t have any romantic thoughts about the “friend”, I genuinely don’t understand if it’s a Stockholm syndrome or the friend’s family had something against him, especially when the reviews mentioned that he was naive and taken advantage of easily.

12. Trinitytiger

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion

Based on the pinned threads on the main spoiler dashboard. Discussions in the spoiler threads are allowed for now so long as everyone remains civil. So we don't have to or need to create separate threads which will just end up with novel/webcomic spoilers anyway.

I think it's a good idea to mark posts as discussion topics for convenience, so I'll try to remember to do that across the board. :)

Discussion

I don't believe the ML even liked the so-called childhood friend, Vita. He was a commoner but she was the daughter of someone wealthy. In one of the raws, they had a flashback to the ML's childhood where Vita basically terrorized him and got him in trouble several times. Once for not kissing her. So I think the ML has just been stuck with Vita being a thorn in his side until MC came along and gave him the excuse and courage to finally get rid of that terror who called herself his friend.

13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But why would he have said that she’s the only person he trusts and that she’s not the maid. I feel like there was a lot of manipulation going on from Vita’s side to lure ML into thinking like that.

Le_Tired and DOHere like this.
  14. Trinitytiger

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion

Maybe he's just so used to her getting her way that he just accepts whatever she does because it's always been that way with them? I think first timeline, Vita manipulated both ML and MC so she can stick around. I should read that 1st timeline flashback again because Vita made MC discipline an innocent maid but then ML and MC had an argument about what happened and it sounded like Vita was the one who reported MC to ML???

I don't believe ML actually cares about Vita. He's just used to her sticking to him until MC wanted her gone

15. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm:now that i give it a thought, you have a point. i think i was taking on FL side more because she is the MC. since the story is from her POV, i never really consider or think about other character POV

ooh sorry, my bad then. i misinterpreted your words

yoyo098 and Assassin997 like this.
  16. Tennyoakana

Tennyoakana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion:

I have to say I'm really enjoying this one so far, while its cliche it's kinda working from them. We have an actual 'clueless' ML, hilarious supporting cast, and a FL who gave her final fuck in her last life. It's entertaining to read but more than that, as many of you have often pointed out-it's both their faults for the failed marriage last TL.

17. withmedea

withmedea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i personally think that she’s justified to feel the way she did even if it was flawed. she was 17 when she first got married to a man 7 years her senior and she said herself that she idolized him and genuinely liked him. that fondness went away when he’d be gone off to war while getting scammed leaving her to deal with the lack of money in her land. she also only ever had painful sex and no contact with him so i’d be pretty bitter too if i died after going through all of that. she’s staying with him for her kids and NOW he is trying to change. don’t get me wrong i like Chester now and his want to grow for her but the Chester she dealt with gave her nothing to love. y’all need to stop acting like she wasn’t a kid going into a marriage dying when she was 27. that’s pretty sad tbh.

18. GeeDy08

GeeDy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can say, i just love the story after 20 chapters . I love how open they are now in the relationship. Telling things in front of their faces.

Really really looking forward to read the novel. Hoping a kind soul will pick this novel and mtl it

The art of the manhwa is superb btw

I didn't read the discussions, don't have time and energy. I'd rather immersed myself on the actual story and enjoy the ride