Spoiler Honey, I'm Going On A Strike

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about being friends, it's about social status. He's a baron, while she's a commoner. Mc and her friend are both nobles. In these stories I see even parents calling their daughter "Your majesty" when she becomes the empress, much less a mere friend.
    Would you be ok living with your husband and he brings in the house his childhood friend? It's ok if he hires her as a maid, but she actually acts as his family when she doesn't have any blood relations to him. You'd be ok of your lover lived with his sister, but is it ok if he lives with an opposite sex friend?
    ML was angry when mc's friend wanted to stay just as a guest for 2 weeks.

Aymee, blahblah123, lentilha and 10 others like this.
  2. ThedamNameZ

ThedamNameZ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think most ppl misunderstand the ml. in the past life and even the present he was never friends with vita[i think that's her name] but while he was growing up his parents died and he was taken in by the mayor basically as a slave, and vita grew up with him at her beck and call. she never loved her, but she had a wired obsession with him, and ml doesn't know how to stand his ground, and he just let her stay, but when fl was affected he would do anything for her, this is why she had to leave when fl was pregnant, but in the current timeline the ml gets rid of her bc she is troubling the fl, he also gave her the permission to do what she wants to vita. ml was angry bc he is a jelly boi and don't know how to protect and show his feeling to the fl, and seeing the fl with the childhood friend makes him feel like the friend can do something he can't. tho i'm glad both were able to sort out the friend things, vita was kicked out, and fl knows how to keep her distance from her childhood friend so all is good.

Bonzai, Eelillya, TrinaAngel and 24 others like this.
  3. dearsir

dearsir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean opinion isn’t going to be the same for everyone but let be real. I think we all in here love reading these type of novel/manhwa and in no way is ML the worst. Are you going to say he just as bad or worst than the like of the trash emperor in remarried empress?

His character seem overall clueless on a lots things. So I’m not surprised at the crap he did in his first timeline. It is also clear that in their first timeline they don’t communicate and hold their tough on problems.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    TrinaAngel, Arye, Creolenerd and 6 others like this.
  4. saurahkim

saurahkim New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to know as well

So the MC bad ML each other’s first times?

5. TragicFlower1547

TragicFlower1547 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was most certainly not his friend. At least not from his personal perspective. She was an emotionally unstable, emotionally abusive woman. I mean, when he rejected her kiss, she got her father to beat him. She was more of a person he didn't ,until recently, have the confidence/authority to get rid of because of their past. He even on a couple of occasions referred to himself as her slave, but instead of setting her off, he referred to her as a friend. He became a mercenary just to get away from her.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  6. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I wasn't saying anything about bad behavior on the FL's part in that post? After all, of course, I was talking about FLs who fall in love with the abusive MLs and then get dumped on for being 's*****' and weak while the abusive male lead gets a pass for their behavior towards the FL when everyone learns about the ML's 'sad past'. It's like the environment one grew up in is only valid if it's the abusive ML's. And yes I've read a lot of these stories as well as western stories. And except for a few I can count on one hand, all of them have turned out exactly like I said. But, yes, if the roles of the FL and ML are reversed, it's actually inversely proportional, almost without fail.

I 100% agree with this particular post of yours. To me the ML in this story is just incredibly awkward. His motives are just completely different from jerk MLs.

7. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t quite understand why you would loathe the ML of the emperor reverses time because if anything he’s one of the better ML’s.
    He had his tragic backstory where his father killed his mother and then went crazy only to end up committing suicide. He ended up feeling guilty about it as well since he was the one who recommended his father to take his mother somewhere and rekindle their relationship only for that to happen. Keep in mind that he’s literally still a child at this point and shortly after all these incidents he was crowned and ended up having to go to war as well as fix the big mess his father left. To top it all off he was being used and manipulated by the FL’s family and despite knowing had no choice but to accept it because they were the sole people preventing him from being usurped. He didn’t abuse the FL or anything either he was literally just indifferent to her, I’m curious why you hate him so much.

8. ThedamNameZ

ThedamNameZ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes they are eachothers firsts, and no as far as i'm concerned, ml loves the fl too much to cheat on her in the first timeline too, he just didn't know how to express it.

9. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually you just pointed out the reason why I dislike him. Indifference =/= not deliberately treating someone innocent harshly, after all. To explain what I mean, I'll give you an example of someone who is definitely indifferent but not treating innocent people harshly: Aseph from Villain's Savior (yes he was only acting from the beginning. Yes he intended to kill Elzae once he achieved his goal. But he decided to do that long before he ever got to know her or knew that her father was somehow related to his mother's death. So neither was he doing this out of revenge nor was he doing it to someone he should know well. Plus he really treated her well in the interim, before he fell in love with her, let alone before the time he was getting set to kill her). And in fact in many of the stories we read indifference is precisely that: deliberately treating someone poorly. And that's exactly what I read the ML's behavior to be like in ERT. But that's all I will be saying on that since this is unfortunately off topic.

lentilha, syofiaa, Rylee56059 and 4 others like this.
  10. Aeskhezia

Aeskhezia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel chapter 25 please:(

11. MIAspy07

MIAspy07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

IMO the ML is not dumb, it's more like PTSD he's stuck in his past where he is a servant of Vita's family, no matter how much he detested Vita he can't do anything because he's a servant and when he became a mercenary he became free and able to breathe, but when he was granted the title of the Baron Vita's family leeched on him and using the words that he should be grateful they raised him and return the favor by making him promise to always take care of Vita repeatedly (remember he was physically abused when he doesn't listen or follow Vita and her family). So no matter how physically strong he is and has power as a Baron, mentally he was raised and it's engraved in his heart that he should "be grateful and return the favor to those who have helped him in his life" (remember that external wounds heal easily and disappear but heart/mind wounds, scars and stays for a lifetime)

exactly...I think those people are confused with the timeline or they just plainly ignored the flashback of the ML's childhood memories which he was "FORCED BY VITA MULTIPLE TIMES AND HE ALWAYS GETS PUNISHED WHEN VITA DOESN'T HAVE HER WAY" people really need to learn that he grew up being told on and being abused if he doesn't follow them, it's already engraved in his memories and in his heart that there are punishment if he doesn't listen, same with real world we can't tell those who experience abuse to man up and move on with their life since the circumstances before will not happen now and they have grown up, remember people mental and emotional wounds takes time to heal sometimes it never does but even though it will heal in time it will forever scar

12. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the chapters in manga where in they start to sleep with each other, the mc mentioned that the ML didn’t touch her nor kiss her or communicate with her and they have a lousy sex life. In addition with the misunderstanding with Vita so ofc you will see why the MC is bullheaded and not seeing the ML’s point of view since the ML is just starting to have his teenie tiny baby steps of progressing their relationship. And you can see that in the recent chapter, the MC started to open up and thinks that she needs to understand the ML and this is because of the ML’s continuous act of sleeping together with her and talking to her.

Also I would like to point out the fact about their “friends”. The ML was never decisive on his relationship with Vita thus the misunderstanding in the first TL. On the current timeline, it took Vita creating a ruckus, FL walking out maybe for misunderstanding and getting angry before the ML decisively cutting Vita off. Then we get to see that they were not actually that best of friends since Vita is abusing her authority on him just because he’s in a lower position. On the other hand, when the MC was hugged by the viscount, she explain clearly that he misses her well and also “scold”/ told his friend that she is no longer the lady before as she is now a baroness. Another is that when the viscount pointed out the lack of variety of food, it was the mc who rebuked him and scold him frankly. Also I would like to point out the convo that she had with his friend maybe someone misunderstood but the one who she referred as selfish was not the ML but the emperor because he treats the ML shabbily that’s why the viscount said “How’s the Baron, is he good?” Clearly you can see that they were not talking about the same person in the previous before the question asked. And the mc said to lets talk about anything else. In their convo it was the the viscount who misunderstood everything (his inner monologue). That’s all, I rest my case

13. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate these kind of stories it gives the illusion of rude man are just bad boys who are "mIsUNdersToOd people with TrAuMVa" and women can change them with the power of LOVE and PATIENCE.
    If you encounter someone like this in real life do not waste your life on these losers there is no do over in real life.

Elren, Autumn Leaves and magical_al00 like this.
  14. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ACTUAL SPOILER

Before I begin, I just want to mention a few things:

-reading in mtl, take things with a grain of salt

-Still reading in progress, don’t know how things end (please don’t spoil me if you do)

-The novel is very fluff in the beginning; follow by antsy challenges/hardship after. (in comparison with how fluffy the start is).

-If you are hoping to see the Greze’s happy family moments, you’re probably going to have to wait till the end. (I was in it for the adorable children as well, and by the time I realized the story isn’t progressing the way I anticipated, Im already hooked by MC’s development…)

-For those who are less forgiving on characters’ flaws, you might want to jump ship now, cause the reason for Chester’s miscommunication in the 1st TL is due to his insecurity and lack of courage towards Cassia. IF you are thinking how could he, when he is practically a war god on the battlefield? Then this is not your cup of tea. Chester has his weakness in what may seem like should be his strength.

Furthermore, Chester improves so much in the story (2nd TL), in terms of communication, that could make you wonder, “Why couldn’t he do even just 1/10 of that in the 1st TL?” Well, if you can’t accept the fact that “first step makes all the difference in the world”, you might end up feeling bitter the whole time. Because from me looking back, it was when Cassia telling Chester how she felt about their first night that really cracked open Chester. That very first step made all the difference.

most of the time MC ends up tragically in their first lives due to the actions of antagonists. MCs basically die at the hand of the villains in the 1st TL, but by going back in time, the MCs survive by removing the villains. However, our FL in this story, Cassia, dies of natural causes. I thought this will change as long as she doesn’t overwork herself again in the 2nd TL, but from what I read so far, she’s meant to fall ill regardless. It requires changing her actual fate and with that kind of magnitude, comes with a high price. So I personally feel the main characters are fighting harder than other cause their enemy isn’t even something tangible…

So they both got drugged and Cassia was actually the one who gave in first. But Chester was still struggling. The aphrodisiacs made him touched Cassia’s neck and as soon as he realized that, he punched himself in the face. Cassia proceeded to check his injuries (swollen cheek and some bleeding). Chester felt he was going to losing control so he asked first if he could kiss her. Cassia gave her consent and they kissed. (Cassia enjoyed it). Follow the kiss, Chester felt the urge to touch Cassia again, and before he could ask the question, Cassia read his eyes and told him she is fine with everything. (she was the impatient one), and they finally did the deed.

Chester was happily surprised by Cassia enjoyed the whole act (she said she liked it out loud during it). He also felt what happened just moment ago wasn’t just the effect of aphrodisiac but something more. (He obviously knew it has to do with his lust for her, but there was also something else). He covered Cassia, who was already asleep, with blanket but once again was hesitated to touch her. However, he remembered Cassia’s words from before, that they are now a married couple, so he mustered up his courage and hug her from behind, and whispered his feelings in the quiet room.

I sincerely hope the next manhwa chapter can do this scene justice. Chester’s POV after Cassia fell asleep was very touching and it just shows how precious he thinks of Cassia. It was described that he felt compelled by something mysterious that forced him to express his feeling at that very moment. The overwhelming emotions within him were at the threshold and are desperately looking for a way out. Although he uses 좋아 here, but it definitely feels more like he is saying love more than anything… This scene melts and aches my heart at the same time.

Next Day~

Cassia was also surprised how well last night went. She too, felt like she didn’t want to stop despite the drugs have already worn off. When she sensed Chester’s effort(?) from his caress, she felt encouraged to keep going. And embarrassed by how honest she reacted to his touches. (Chester you learned well from Lady Florent). When she tried to tell Chester to let her go (he was holding her in bed), so she could get up, Chester said she called him “여보” last night and asked her if she could address him like that from now on. (It’s the “Honey” in the tile, but I personally prefer dear LOL). When Chester got up, he saw the culprit of last night, and was immediately flustered and said he’s going to throw the chocolate out. But Cassia proceeded to tease him that he might need its “assistance” to be good in bed. Chester profusely denied that with a blushed face. Cassia also got up and was heading back to her room to get wash up. Before she left, she called Chester 여보.

When they bid farewell to Ian, he noticed something is weird between the couple. He felt like he was seeing a pair of lovers who just started dating. Ian told Cassia he would contact her later when he found out more about the magic stones. When he was going to kiss Cassia’s hand for goodbye, Chester stopped Ian by grabbing Cassia’s hand. (getting possessive now, are we?)

Negotiation with Viche Viscounty

(I’ve decided to use point forms for the main storyline, and give more detailed insight into the romance.)

-Cassia witness with her own eyes how poorly Chester was treated by the Viscount (Chester was never invited to a proper meal in the dining room)

-She demanded 1 million gold as compensation (instead of silver) and basically implied the Viscount can take it or leave it (but in a very graceful and articulate way).

-While waiting for the Viscount decision, the invasion got worse and Chester was forced to go to battle before the deal is closed, leaving Cassia in the Viscount’s mansion.

-The enemy was able to sneak a small group of people into the Viscount’s mansion, and demand Viscount to order the leader of the troop (Chester) to retreat. Viscount convinced them that he has no such power over the leader except his wife. So the invaders kidnapped Cassia instead.

-While being transported by the invaders to where Chester is, Cassia learned that these “barbarians” were only genuine people looking for land to call home. They tried to negotiate with the Viscount but not only did the Viscount ignore them, he wanted to wipe them out by force. The Rakan tribe was just trying to survive.

-News arrived to Chester and he immediately dropped everything and followed the Rakans to where Cassia was. Upon seeing her, Chester didn’t hesitate one bit when one of the Rakans asked him to surrender his life. Cassia had to quickly “come to the rescue” and explained she made a deal with the Rakans that the Greze fief will take in the Rakans. This will provide the Rakans a place for home, means no more conflict with the Viscounty, and the barony gain military resource (the Rakans are quite strong)

-On the way home, Chester and Cassia met the most powerful lord in the North, Count Axios, and another Viscount (don’t remember his name). They were here to “help” with the invasion (cause Viscount thought Chester is goner and asked other lords for help). Cassia told them the truth and they were angry at Viche’s deceit (but only because they feel it bringd shame to all the Northern lords) and told the Greze couple they will take care of Viche.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  15. veivei

veivei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please :aww::aww::aww::aww:

drikamichiura and Bonzai like this.
  16. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for anyone who read this story but can't help to dislike chester (ML) i might have a way to make you reduce your disfavor towards him.

1. try reading Dear Us Who Used to be The Ice Knight and The Failure Princess or harlequin oneshot with bad review (tbh it doesn't have to be those two. any misunderstanding themed romance story with horrible ML will do. just make sure the ML in the story you're about to read did something worse than chester).

2. after that give this story a read again. while reading this story again, compare chester with the horrible ML in other story you read before.

maybe this way at least you will be able to think "ehhh i guess this guy is not that bad........."

17. cklaighe

cklaighe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Thank you for all this!!!!
    Hopefully the manwha will give the scene with Chester Justice. <3

Also, to those who hate the ML. The thing about this type of start is you will see a very impressive growth. (If you play Tales of Abyss, something similar to Luke). And IMO, he is one refreshing ML because of how he is awkwardly innocent to the point of stupidly pure is really refreshing to my eyes. And i really like it about him and i want to read more about him in the coming chapters.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    torte1315, Aymee, Arye and 8 others like this.
  18. Banneyo

Banneyo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for the spoiler. I've guessed this story's plot is going to be complicated when i know it has the same author with "I became the hero's mom" :blobsneeze:

samster and Bonzai like this.