"Monsters are real?" - My irl experiences with a novel like narration. I hope it is at least.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by One Perfect Veteran, Sep 27, 2021.

?

How are you feeling?

1. Disturbed

2. Panicky

3. It is night and you didn't wanna listen to this

4. You have not read the post at all, it is too long

5. Amused

6. Pissed

7. Stressed

8. It brought a smile to your face

9. Relatable

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Turning off the switch for the lamp in my room, I customarily undress and lie on the bed before me. Gently folding the cover for my bed and stretching my hand to place the cover on the sofa I stumble several times. Erm. What? I always remember where everything in my room is. I lived in this room for most of my life. And what is a dumbell I barely even use doing near my bed anyway?

Dismissing my stupid musings from my tired mind, I step away from the bed to reach the switch to the lamp when I touch something sticky. And wet. And my hand is covered in something. It takes a while for my head to gather enough mental resorces to process everything before I start falling down. Why? What happened? Another moment for my brain to react and -I don't have a hand. I don't have a hand?

I scream, but before I stretch my vocal cords to my limit another new pain registers. I roll away. No. It isn't me rolling away. It is my head. I briefly see my shoulders and some kind of monster's mouth before everything goes dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know its unnecessarily dramatic and it is completely made up, but that is what I have been thinking about for the last couple of months. It IS a novel forum after all.

Now below is what is actually my real experience narrated in a way that I think resembles novels:

Anyway, sometimes, when you are alone, lying in your bed, not a friend in the vicinity of your town and you have had a sleep paralysis with a big scary monster standing in your room and looking at you, while you can literally hear your heart beating in your sternum, so loud that you are going crazy, you really do feel like you ARE actually going crazy.

Then sleep paralysis recedes and you are left alone in that empty freaking cold and dreary room at nighttime not knowing what to do and wondering if it was a hallucination, and you went bonkers or there is really someone out there watching you.

And then you remember the old rumors of people dying in this same apartment where you are now living alone. And you heard all these rumors before your parents bought the apartment dismissing them as only just rumors. Thankfully you are rational enough still and feeling the relief from the experience coming to an end, you stop thinking about the rumors cuz they are just that - falsehoods.

Then when you are properly relieved and intending to sleep, after 15 or how many minutes it takes for you to fall into that state of almost sleeping, but still being aware, you are in that state of watching a distorted picture with sounds of static in the background and that distorted picture FREAKING MOVES. This picture is really a rippling picture of something you cannot discern, but your guess is its a distorted picture of a MONSTER you just SAW.

Everything would have been fine if you were not actually panicking like hell just descended upon your apartment. And you are trying with all your might to dismiss the picture.

'Just stop, stop tormenting me, what did I do to you? Stop this hell please, why can't I exit this state of looking at the picture? Its scary. Someone please help me.'

Thankfully you are not in the habit of giving up anymore, so you struggle to move your body despite not feeling it at all, in the end you exit that horrible traumatising HELLISH picture.

And again your body is forced into that state of fight or flight. You pull up your blanket because there is a possibility that someone is in your room RIGHT NOW. You are scared but still retain that bit of rationality.

'It was all a dream, a dream. Just the sleep paralysis or stress of the day trying to get to you.'

You had that idea to just go outside your room and go to where your grandma is actually sleeping to lay down there along with her. Then no scary monster will get to you anymore. But what stops you is the sheer fear of loss you feel right now. You are already an adult are you not? And what if that picture or that sleep paralysis monster invades grandma's dreams too? Would she even survive the experience? You are young, you can handle it, but her? Too much risk.

Plus, you have already thought of it for a long time, but if there ever comes a time that you die, then it is completely fine. What is there to fear in death anyway. It is just losing your life. At least you try to convince yourself of that. You will get to see what is beyond death. The younger you even entertained the thoughts of dying just for the sake of satisfying your curiosity to know what is there after death. You are not that stupid to lose your life to something like that of course, but those are your true thoughts.

Now, thinking of death for so long somehow calmed you down, good. But you are still scared, you still have not let go of the blanket that you have pulled up and wound all around your body, the perspiration that you are covered in is the testament of that. You are still frightened. And you want to stop feeling that pit in your stomach that has formed since the sleep paralysis.

But wait what is this sound? Why do you hear laughter beyond the wall? That creepy sound of laughter you usually find grating to your ears, but right now there is nothing that scares you more? What now, robbers will come after those monsters? And that sound, are these gunshots you hear?

'No, no, no, no and nope again. You are not falling for that again. It is probably your neighbors being loud idiots who do not sleep at night. There are no robbers. It is just your panicked mind not being rational.' You convince yourself.

In the end, waking up several times during the night because of sleep paralysis, creepy laughter, gunshots and distorted pictures visiting your mind every time you almost fall asleep. And yes, they visited your mind not one, not two and not three times during that night. Honestly, you were so exhausted at the end of that night that you cannot even remember how many times you were visited by the pictures...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you all think about this, nuffers? Have you had similar unlucky nightly situations and panic fueled sleep deprived nights fueled by your inability to move during some of the experiences plus your fear of the monsters being real?

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They say monsters (or was it demons?) exist only in the deepest recesses of one's mind, but considering how dark that cranny is, I don't get to ever see them. They don't scare me. :blobpeek:

3. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, we really need a flashlight to see

Btw did you find anything relatable from this?

They don't scare you because you are a veteran or because you are scarier?

otaku31 likes this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe in them. And I have a feeling even if they were to appear before me, I would be annoyed at the invasion of my privacy more than anything else. Honestly, I find humans far scarier. The only time my nightmares scare me is when I dream of free-falls, not monsters. Sometimes, exams too, but never monsters. :blob_sunglasses:

5. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, can't say I've experienced anything like that.

That said, one thing kinda bothered me.
    "No. It isn't me rolling away. It is my head. I briefly see my shoulders and some kind of monster's mouth before everything goes dark."
    The room was established as being too dark too see, how do you see your body being eaten??

Honestly though, if something like was happening to me every night, I would probably get desperate enough to try various different things to change my night routine. Meditation for 30 minutes?? Reading something religious?? Rearranging the room's furniture?? Sleeping some place else??

6. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, only the most dedicated dedicators can afford to make a dedicated allocation of their provocation or othewise a gathering of collocations to a replication of my words in a quote and respond

I tried for this, what do you think? @Gandire Alea

But monsters are so scary. And monsters are not necessarily something that you cannot relate too or imagine. I am scared of monsters sometimes because they are exactly something I can relate to but incomprehensible to me as a human at the same time. Imagine you not locking the door to your apartment, because you are expecting your older brother to come home from the night walk, and then someone comes home, and you think its your brother, so you don't check. You hear how it goes to your brother's room and you think its your brother. Who would know where the room is the first time they are in your house after all? But it knows...

Yeah, honestly? I am not going to make any excuses. I really really really suck at this, LOL. I have not even thought of that Alea...
    It was not bothering me every night, but to experience it one time is enough...
    Especially for a paranoid person like me.
    And all your solutions are somewhat fitting... But deep within I wanna believe that something mystical does exist and sleep paralysis is proof of that though?

7. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if it's me being paranoid or hallucinating. But sometimes I see some weird things with my eyes. I dunno how to explain them but I need to blink my eyes or close them for a few mins before it goes. Must be a disorder ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌. I once saw an image of a blonde woman jumping on a car from a building but when I blinked my eyes she disappeared.

OechineunAlex likes this.
  8. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh! Have you tried consulting with someone about it? I am not sure, but could be a sign of something.

9. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope
    They would call me stupid or someone with too much time on hand.

10. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Would they? Someone like a school psychologist or a uni psychologist. Booking an appointment with them should not be too hard. I remember going to a psychologist after lessons just cuz I wanted to sit on the rocking chairs there

OechineunAlex and Tech is life like this.
  11. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard man. Time will cure it all.

12. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    I give up, I can't find the right answer. I begin to feel satisfied with people just reading this.

Tech is life likes this.
  13. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    So I finally defeated the fish. VICTORY!!

14. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in the first place, I thought lets make this post. But the topic is mostly only interesting to me, cuz I can relate. I know many people can't. Well, I also wanted to try my hand at writing something

15. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    So this ur first thread?? Don't worry * pats* making threads is a gradual process in nuf

16. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    No, its not my first at all...

Tech is life likes this.
  17. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why so nervous. Things will turn out well

18. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    Was I nervous? Actually, yeah I totally was. Gotta make several other threads then

Tech is life likes this.
  19. Tech is life

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the spirit!!

20. One Perfect Veteran

Reading List:
    Link
    LESSGO!!!

Tech is life likes this.