LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its looking like it. That's really disappointing. I thought he was going to have to operate under a real restriction for once. I doubt he'll even need the Royal Sap when he gets it. My only real question is if it'll be because he hasn't reached the bottleneck yet, or because he found something better.

otaku31 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something tells me the Royal Sap won't be that easy to get a hold of. And as tropes usually go, Jiang Qing'e should also be unable to help even though she had managed to get it before. Just a feeling I have stemming from the way they seem to have taken it somehow for granted that they'll be able to secure it at the Academy. The fact that it seems a bit too easy makes me uneasy.

P.S. From a logical point of view, it does make some sense that he should still be able to cultivate till a certain point without it, considering he's got the five year deadline hanging over him like a Damocles' sword. If he completely stops for some time, it would require something even more ridiculous to catch up later on.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, he's already got that something more ridiculous: His dual/quad resonances with no upper limit on their purity. Once he hits the next major realm, he'll have another set. If he can't manage to cultivate at more than three times the rate of people with a single resonance of at least one tier higher than his average, then it just means he's being lazy, or the author is putting real obstacles in his path.

Its not like he's lacking for good places to cultivate after all, and what little trouble he's having with upgrading his resonances shouldn't really pose much of a problem until all of his resonances are at the sixth or seventh tier. After that point, his main issue will be finding the ingredients. Still, with 4-6 sixth grade resonances that are equivalent to 2-3 eighth grade resonances, there's no reason to expect him to miss his deadline if nothing gets in his way, even less so if they're 4-6 seventh grade that are equivalent to 2-3 ninth grade.

I expect that merging his resonances the way his mentor wants him to will provide a speed boost to his cultivation as well, leaving him with even less reason to fail.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, he's got dual resonances, not quad. The extra elements do help in purity and fights, but the reality is that his cultivation speed is dependent on his palaces only two of which are filled as of now. And IIRC, they both have to reach at least seventh rank to be even considered comparable to Qing'e's, which is where he needs to be if he has plans to reach Duke rank within five years. Note he's already lagging behind from before due to his blanks, so he has even more ground to cover. And while he might have managed to upgrade one resonance to sixth, he's nowhere close to seventh since the resources required for this upgradation are not within his financial means; and he has two of them he needs to get to that rank!

But to get his third resonance, he has to, I think, get up to General stage. And then I suppose, getting them all (all three, and we're not even taking the initial side effect into account) to sixth would be equivalent to Qing'e's ninth. But if he cannot cultivate before Royal Sap, which might not be easy to get, then he would have to waste valuable time till it's acquired, and he takes even longer to get to General stage and awaken his third, which means even if his speed can match Qing'e's, he'd be much behind her in levels at that age, making him have to accelerate to ridiculous levels to get there before deadline. There's also the fact that if his cultivation stagnates, he cannot keep up with his constantly advancing peers, which would make it more difficult to compete and earn more resources (including Royal Sap)... a vicious cycle.

P.S. I am comparing him to his fiancee cuz the impression I get is that, as of now, she's the only one with potential to achieve the feat the MC is expected to do.

P.P.S.
    Can't recall where I read it but two sixth grade resonances equal one upper eighth resonance.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @otaku31 I'm assuming that his financial problems will mostly be sorted out within the year since he'll need to put down the rebellion in his House in that time frame. While that probably won't give him the ability to waste seventh grade purifying lights, it should allow him to burn through sixth grade. With both resonances at seventh grade, he should be equivalent to at least a mid-tier eighth grade resonance, and that's being pessimistic. With that quality of resonance and the resources he currently has, getting to General (and his third resonance) in a reasonable time shouldn't be difficult. Once he has that, and has brought it up to seventh grade, he should be able to cultivate at least as fast as his fiance, and probably faster if he's merged his resonances.

And honestly, I would still consider this to be a pessimistic prediction. In actuality, I expect him to find a way to get the seventh grade ingredients in bulk (likely via curing the emperor), and convince his mentor to mass produce them for him in exchange for his (at that point) eighth or ninth grade water/light/wood/earth resonance that should allow her to upgrade herself to a rank 8 artificer. This would grant him three rank eight resonances, which should allow him to cultivate much, much faster than his fiance who, due to him, hasn't been able to focus on her cultivation for several years.

otaku31 likes this.
  6. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    If future events play out as you have envisioned, then your predictions are definitely conservative. But I am hoping he faces more challenges than that. Seems a bit too easy for my liking, almost as if he's handed things on a platter.

This an angle I hadn't thought of, but now I can see how it holds great possibilities. :blobokhand:

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Its the challenges that make the story interesting. Well, as long its not nothing but challenges. Those stories are boring and frustrating in their own way ;)

otaku31 likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "I guess he’s going to be known as the man who can last the longest in the Astral Sage College." There's a part of me that thinks that this whole incident is actually a joke on the author's part...

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should keep in mind that her ten year estimate is based on the assumption of only dual resonances and his current purity levels with a normal person's limits on improving those purity levels. Its not accurate at all.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its always nice to see a character acting sensibly rather than just going along with the villain's scheme. Though, I do wonder why she went for 12 Steps instead of Royal Sap when she knows how much more useful the sap is to him, and how much harder it will be for him to earn.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the vice principal knows he's a ticking time bomb, then why not replace him? I doubt there's any lack of duke level experts willing to teach there, especially if they don't limit recruitment to the local area.

12. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he's a duke, that's literally it.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what costs more, 12 Step Weave, or enough resources to purify his resonances to the seventh stage so that he won't need the 12 Step Weave anymore.

That aside, I wonder who's running Suncreek Villa now. Its certainly not Li Luo after all.
    Right, but that's only rare, not extremely rare or unique. Considering the compensation that the school offers, he should be quite easy to replace. Heck, they probably have a waiting list to become mentors at their school.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, can Bai Mengmeng help others to enter the researcher state? If so, then Li Luo could probably use it to research resonant arts as well as purifying lights etc.

"abusing the relationship with Bai Mengmeng to get such an unfair deal would feel like bullying." So make it a fair deal. Give her royalties. I'm sure her family isn't giving her any, or likely getting any from the people they sell to for that matter. Sure, its less money in the short run, but its much, much more money in the long run. Plus, developing a long term connection is actually better for both of them, though more so him than her.

I wonder if she'll wind up working for him in exchange for healing her, or if she'll just give him a bunch of formulas.

15. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its explained later why they need every duke possible and why there's not many dukes avaiable

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "They had no clue as to how it had stimulated her senses." I wonder how long it'll take him to realize its his watersource.

Also curious how much stronger the healing effects will become once he's managed to merge his two resonances.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "But I do mind!” lol. So do I actually. Not really a fan of harem.

18. zetta

zetta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan either but this is definitely going to end up as one. The question is how big is it going to end up being.

jacobpaige likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I would have preferred it if he'd lost. Its rare for him to be in fights that simply don't matter, and impossible for him to lose anywhere else. Of course, I also dislike the "epiphany in battle" trope, but if its going to happen, its less irritating in a battle that doesn't matter. So long as he's incapable of replicating it and it doesn't play a role in the upcoming tournament anyway (yeah right).

That aside, I really, really hope that this is the last tournament for a long time. There's been far, far too many of them.

20. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, for him every fight matters, if he loses even once he's gonna have to deal with more machildren trying to climb over his head and he's already knee-deep in them.