Novel ✪ Memory Corruption (R-18) (Book 1 and 2 Finished) (Book 3 on release now)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GiBro, Jul 2, 2021.

1. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I've been having much more fun writing Ryan's sexual adventures xD

But I'm having progress with book 2 too, just gonna wait till I get a good amount of chapters so I don't catch up and have to give the posts a break to write.

beewink, R_Luna7, saye and 1 other person like this.
  2. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, by the way, I don't know if you noticed it, but I've updated the Author's Sidenotes' post and added pictures of baby Belle and teen Ryan, as well as Chloe's, Daniel's, Trevor's and William's. I've also added some trivia =.

beewink, R_Luna7 and saye like this.
  3. beewink

beewink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so behind!!
    I had not received a notification that there had been updates.... ahhhhh

**trying to breathe**

Let me just start off my reiterating how much i absolutely love this story!
    Nothing beats a good thriller with a love story mixed in.

Definitely in awe after that cliffhanger!!

I am still genuinely in awe at how fresh and original the overall story is.
    I am so honored that you brought our little group together through your story and that you opened yourself up so vulnerably and basically bared your soul to us.
    I know i have said it before but the general story is phenomenal and i haven't read anything remotely like it before.

I think it's marvelous and value how you take each and every one of our opinions with such grace.

I do have a few notes i think will really help better refine the story to your benefit.

Please note what i am about to say comes from a place of deep love and respect for your story.
    Nothing i am going to say is intended to be said out of hate or malice. It is coming from a place of care and is constructive criticism only.

The only issue I've seen that has truly stood out to me is the overall speech/conversation tone.
    Im going to try to elaborate abd explain as best as i can.
    For example: you use "may I" and "you may"
    That is, in my opinion, far too formal.
    It makes the entire tone of a general or casual conversation seem off.
    As the reader I personally prefer a story to have a sense of realism.
    Realistically speaking no matter how proper, formal, and/or professional someone is it is not the norm to speak so formally.
    I feel like it makes the conversation feel impersonal. Even when speaking to someone you don't know or don't know well to me it lacks a certain feel of connection and can come off as slightly monotonous.
    The overal tone and feel of a conversation comes off as flat.
    Like in a angery conversation no one in reality is going to use formal or proper speech.
    A lot of the conversations/dialog i feel like i know and can grasp the overall/general message or feelings being conveyed but the over usage of proper speech makes it fall short of genuine.
    A statement can be slightly reworded to have tue exact same meaning and basically say the exact same thing but be less formal.
    Considering the fact that you said you have a hard time sometimes seeing what we as the readers see when we critique and you go back and look at it, i think tue best way for me to help you understand what i am trying to say would be by putting a section from a chapter with what you wrote and then under each paragraph i put reword a few things so you can see.

(Quickest example i could find..)
    -You may say whatever you want, I don't care. You may say I had a gun hidden with me, that I threatened to kill myself, I don't care. -She shook her head with a furious stare. -You're making me lose precious time, Mike, if I get there and Desmond is already dead, I'm gonna come back and rip your eyes out with my teeth!

-Say whatever you want, I don't care. Say I had a gun hidden with me and that I threatened to kill myself, I honestly don't care. -She shook her head furiously. -I'm losing precious time, Mike, if I go out there and Desmond is already dead, I swear I'll come back and rip your eyes out with my teeth!

I want to reiterate that i am only saying this to help.
    It's is simply changing a few words to help greater portray the meaning.

Im sorry if my opinion is offensive in anyway. I just know this story has the potential to be something truly great and would love to see it happen and be able for others to each it as much as many of us have if not more!
    Thank you again for all your hard work, devotion to your story, and the trust you put into pur humble group of readers.

****CAN'T WAIT FOR BOOK 2 TO SEE THE MAGIC THAT AWAITS!!!

saye and GiBro like this.
  4. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :love:
    I missed you here, thought you had abandoned me :cry: jk, but I really noticed your absence, thought you were busy

thank you for the tip, I'm gonna go back on the next reread and try to make the dialogues more natural. I try to hint some things that I think are important ideas for our society (really, our world is getting darker), and I find it very difficult to do it naturally (like their talk about sexism, for example, or his remarks about how uncomfortable he feels about her bringing sexual tension into their relationship when he knows she's vulnerable and he would be abusing her if he gave in, or racism/homophobic behavior), I'll try to make it smoother. Thank you for the example, too, helped a lot!

I'm writing book 2 as much as I can, since I'm on vacations, and I'm about to rewrite the smut smit scene. I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna start posting as soon as I reach chapter 20 or so, or it I'm gonna wait till I get back from the vacations. I'll let you know when I decide.;)

beewink likes this.
  5. beewink

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh i have been here but where i live we had a devastating hurricane come through and wipe out a large portion of the area. We finally just got power and internet back after being out for over a month.
    So glad I finally got to catch back up! I have definitely missed this :)
    I 100 percent agree. The real world is truly turning into a darker and scarier place. Talking about the gritty stuff sucks and is so hard to bring up organicly .
    Again you are doing amazing!! Im so happy to get to be a part of this experience!!

I can't wait for the next part of the journey :love::love:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    GiBro likes this.
  6. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg :eek: hope you and your family and friends are doing fine =(

thank you and please be safe :love:

beewink likes this.
  7. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently taking my time on the reread while we wait for your blessed chapter updates lol
    So excited.
    I have a question about chapter 40.
    They are in his office talking about his sketches.
    What drawing does he try desperately to hide from her that he apologizes for disrespecting her? Do we find out?
    Or was it the one of her scars?

8. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    R_Luna7 :eek: Are you already this far?
    Ty:love::giggle:
    I don't think we'll ever come back to it... Ryan probably incinerated all his compromising drawings after that situation.
    I don't wanna answer this directly xD but think about it:
    There were only two situations when he could have seen her arms without something covering them. On the first opportunity he didn't, because he was blind from anger, he wanted to hurt her, not protect her.
    The second opportunity was when he really saw it. And the said drawing was only a couple of pages forward. On that situation, what other things he might have seen that were so disturbing/impacting that he would feel the need to take off from his mind so much? And considering his attitude toward her after that happened too, I think it's possible to guess what he drew :p

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    saye, Riiii, beewink and 1 other person like this.
  9. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay okay!
    I assumed it was something like that and was thinking the house is nearly falling apart at the end of book 1 I can’t imagine we will circle back to it.
    Thank you :)
    I hope you are enjoying your vacation time!

Riiii, GiBro and beewink like this.
  10. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just need to say two things...
    First: I finished the plot for book 2. Now I have to finish writing it xD
    Second: I think it's gonna be longer than book 1=. Hope I can keep your interested through it.
    ***Third: there will be a third book=. And I'm already halfway it's plot.

***I may have written this half asleep, so two became three, sorry xD

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  11. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I just read the updates with the chapter titles for Ryan’s POV *fanning self*

We could never judge!! We are here for it ALL.

GiBro likes this.
  12. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

Sitting on the bed, holding her legs to her chest and staring at the wall, Belle sighed, as she waited patiently for the knock on the door. That was the usual position she assumed when she couldn't stay under the blankets because someone would come to check on her.

She lifted her arm to sniff her armpit and nodded. She hadn't eaten today, but at least she had showered, although she couldn't remember if it was really today, yesterday or the day before, since the past ten days seemed the same to her. The only difference was that she didn't cry so much anymore. She sniffed her hair and confirmed it had been this morning as the shampoo’s smell was strong. She had contemplated changing into clean clothes to receive the agent, something that she sometimes did, sometimes didn't, often using the same shirt and pants for at least two days until she decided to change them. It wasn't exactly for laziness or lack of hygiene. It was just that she had only a few clothes, and couldn't afford to use them all at once. Asking for the hotel to wash them never crossed her mind. That was why today she would receive the agent wearing her jeans and Desmond's short sleeved shirt, the one she hugged to sleep every night. His smell was almost gone, but still provided a bit of solace.

She always thought it was a lie that one could have no more tears left to cry, but she felt like that. Her face and eyes were swollen, although she hadn't eaten or drank water with the frequency she should have, and her whole body ached as if she had been beaten by a crowd.

In fact, she had been beaten ten days ago, and had gotten a mild concussion because of it.

After spending two days at the hospital, she had been taken to a hotel room, interrogated and left there, alone. Besides the room service, almost every day some FBI agent would show up to check on her condition and tell her they were setting things up for her to join the witness protection program. The reason why they didn't manage to send her away yet? They wouldn't tell her. All of them would tell her that they would gather more information and come with news soon. And she couldn't even complain that they had already said this to her, because none ever came back.

Every time someone knocked on the door, her heart slammed on her ears and she pressed the dog tag against her chest, expecting that Daniel would burst in and put a bullet to her head. Sometimes she wished he did.

She sighed. Why were they taking that long this time? Why can't they do it through the phone? They could call and say “Hey, haven't you killed yourself or got killed yet? No? Ok, we'll check again tomorrow… Bye!” She shook her head at her somber thoughts. Her mood was growing darker day by day.

She had skipped the steps of mourning, diving directly to depression. Around the fifth day, she started craving badly for the pills. She would bite her lip repeatedly or dig her nails on her palms or arms, but the need for anything that reminded happiness was latent. She tried to hypnotize herself many times, to no avail. In a specially dark night she started to search for an effective way to kill herself. It was the hardest night of all, walking back and forth around the small room and calculating the effectiveness of each method, but it distracted her long enough from Desmond's death and she cherished the thoughts for a moment. She watched the music channel on cable and found out that she couldn't sing, because her voice would fail. At first she thought it had been Trevor's pressure on her trachea, but then she realized it was only a mental block.

The knock finally came, and she got up, without any hurry. Since the cop took his time to get there, she could take her time to get to the door, right? But her tantrum only lasted two seconds, as she felt guilty for being mean and rushed to open the door. She heard a beep and the door opened on its own. She instinctively ran toward the bathroom, certain that it was Daniel, this time. Never before had a cop or staff opened the door by themselves.

-Miss Ross? -She heard a woman call her in a firm tone. She paused involuntarily, since she knew that voice. -Miss Ross? Are you ok?

-Ma’am Riviera? -She pried through the bathroom’s doorway. She was confused and startled. She wondered if she was having a hallucination. She tiptoed back to the room, unsure if the woman was really there.

She hadn't seen Samantha anymore, but her nightmares were vivid. Sometimes she would have the impression that Desmond was walking toward her from behind, but when she turned around, no one was there. The hallucinations came out of nowhere, at random moments, and were mostly sensorial: the warmth of his breath, his perfume, the touch of his hand on her hair, the taste of his mouth… The first night had been the worst. Sleeping alone was difficult, but staying awake was torturous.

-Miss Ross, I'm glad you look healthy… -The woman scrutinized her from head to toes and Belle could tell that she wasn't being honest.

She herself felt uncomfortable when she was forced to see her own reflection in the bathroom’s mirror every time she took her clothes off to get into the shower. The swollenness of her face only added to the greenish and yellowish bruises on her temples, jaw, neck and shoulders. Gladly, the bulletproof vest had absorbed most of the impact of his kick, so her ribs were intact. Even then, her average looks were from someone that had cried dry, been beaten by a vicious maniac and hadn't eaten more than enough not to die for more than a week. And people couldn't see the ugly mark on her upper back where she had hit the wall and the bruise on her buttocks where she had landed when Desmond had shoved her back. On top of that she might have lost some pounds and her skin was even paler.

-How can I help you, Ma’am Riviera? -Belle sighed.

Riviera tilted her head, clearly unsettled with the girl's emotionless attitude. This certainly wasn't the same girl she met about two weeks ago. She looked like she had aged five years or more.

-Miss Ross, you should sit so we can talk a bit, before we leave. -Riviera said, then looked around at the messy bed. -But I must ask you to pack your things first, please.

-I don't have anything to pack, Ma’am, everything they allowed me to bring is inside my backpack. -Belle pointed to a backpack hanging on a rack. -They didn't let me go to my apartment, but I'd like to, before we leave.

-Sure. Are you sure you don't have anything else to pack? -The woman pulled a chair and sat as the girl nodded. -Good, take a seat here, please.

Belle eyed her with a suspicious look. She wondered what this talk would be about, but prepared herself to refuse, no matter what she asked her. She wouldn't be used in a plan again.

That night, while she was still bewildered by the whole situation and dizzy because of the concussion, captain Williams had taken advantage of her state and made her call Daniel from her own cell phone. She only thought about it a couple of days later, but that had given Daniel the location to Desmond's house. Not that it made much difference now that Desmond was already dead, but still, she didn't want Daniel having any excuses for knowing the location. Even worse, the call had been useless.

Belle had talked to Daniel, had poured her heart out, telling him she hated him for killing Desmond, that she wished it was him, that she'd rather had gone in his place. She even asked him to come and kill her too. Daniel had laughed. Out loud. Then he had hypnotized her again and made her confirm that Desmond was really dead, before they cut the signal. She didn't remember this part, but Corey had shown her the recording.

-Miss Ross, did you hear what I just told you? -Riviera called her back from her reveries.

-Sorry, not really. -She apologized, but didn't blush or show any other sign of feeling ashamed or guilty.

Riviera sighed and started over.

-I apologize in the name of the government of the United States and the JTTF team for the harm caused by the events that occurred in Desmond's house. -She repeated. -I have confidential information to reveal to you and I need you to sign this NDA and this declaration stating that you won't sue us for anything related to the subject of our talk.

Belle let out an emotionless chuckle.

-Call my lawyer. -She said nonchalantly. -I'll sign it if he tells me I have to.

-Miss Ross…

-The man I… Desmond… Is dead. -Belle cut her with a cold voice. -If I find out this happened because one of you made a mistake, you may rest assured that I won't stop until they suffer all the consequences for that. I won't sign a thing.

-That's exactly what I want to talk about, Miss Ross. Sign the papers, please, and then listen to what I have to say. -Riviera looked straight into her eyes. -I'm not trying to trick you, Miss Ross. I really need your signature on those papers so I can take you.

Belle crossed her arms and looked away.

-Believe me, you won't regret it, I'm giving you my word… -Riviera insisted, sliding the papers and the pen toward her.

-Right, like Williams gave me his word that…

-I'm not captain Williams, Miss Ross. -Riviera cut her. -And I swear I didn't have anything to do with any of his plans. Sign the papers. I don't have all day and I'm not here to play with you. I promise you that what I have to say is of utmost importance to you. I swear on Desmond's soul.

Belle's back stiffened. How could she swear on his soul? How dare you?

-Is this about a mistake that led to Desmond's death? -Belle asked her. -Be honest.

-No, Miss Ross. I swear on my life.

-Does it have anything to do with his death? -She tilted her head, trying to understand what it could be about.

Riviera hesitated, then nodded.

-Sign the papers, Miss Ross.

Belle frowned, then signed the papers looking at Riviera with an angry expression.

-Thank you. -Riviera reached out and checked it, putting the papers back inside her suitcase. -First of all, I'd like to apologize for Williams and for taking this long to tell you about it. We needed to be sure that you were fully recovered from the concussion and we had a few things to take care of concerning the subject of this conversation.

She paused and got up, taking a bottle of water from the minibar and handing it to her. Belle took the bottle and stared at it, watching the bubbles inside it.

-You're gonna need it. Well… I don't know how exactly to put this into words, but… Williams lied to you. -She sighed. -It wasn't Desmond's body that night and he tricked you so you would call Daniel and make him believe that Desmond was dead.

Belle looked up. They both fell silent and she stopped breathing.

-What I'm trying to say, Miss Ross, is that Desmond is alive and I'm here to take you to him, if you agree. -The woman was standing near, as if to avoid her fall in case she passed out, but the girl just blinked. -I'm very sorry, as soon as I got word of what had happened I took measurements so that both of you would know it too. As I told you, we had medical recommendations not to tell you before you were totally recovered and I had to make sure the Marshals would accept my conditions. With Denovan gone, I'm having to build a new relationship with the Chief Deputy and I wouldn't leave Desmond's life in his hands before I could be sure of his integrity… As you may guess, those last ten days were terrible for me too.

Belle didn't say a word. In fact she didn't move a muscle. The only thing that gave signs that she was alive was the slight moving of her chest while she breathed in and out and the occasional closing and opening of her eyes.

-Miss Ross, did you understand what I just told you? -Riviera insisted.

Belle nodded. She looked down at the bottle of water.

-And you want me to go with you, to see him… -Belle whispered.

-Yes, Miss Ross, if you allow me, I'd like to take you to his hotel room. -She nodded.

-Why would Captain Williams do something so cruel to me? -Belle said with no emotion in her voice.

Riviera seemed uncomfortable to answer this, but exhaled and nodded.

-Captain Williams has a keenness for justifying his means through his ends. He often makes fancy maneuvers to reach his goals. Our goal was to take Desmond out of the black market's list while linking Daniel to the murders attempts. He saw the opportunity and took it without even considering how much it would damage you. I'm sorry for this.

-And what is your excuse for his silence in the last ten days? - The girl closed her eyes and bit her lower lips. -If he were alive, he would have called me, no matter what you ordered him.

-He wanted to, but he knew that it could harm you, because of the concussion and because of the danger of the call being tracked. -The chief explained patiently. -Believe me, it was difficult to convince him to give up. And just to be sure, we didn't put you in contact with any agent that knows him. They didn't even know your real name. He couldn't contact you even if he tried.

Belle nodded and got up.

-Ok, let's go. -She sighed.

Riviera felt uncomfortable with her reaction. She was prepared for a lot of crying, screaming, laughing… She expected the girl to feel outraged, ecstatic, depressed, relieved… She had expected… Something.

But there was nothing. The girl didn't give any sign of understanding what she had just told her, and her posture was similar to a cow marching to the slaughterhouse. She watched as Belle put her backpack in her back and had to stop her before she headed to the door.

Riviera opened the door and let a female agent get it. The agent carried a bulletproof vest that she put in Belle. She checked if it fit her correctly, then the three women left the room. The girl maintained her gloomy mood all the way to the van, where she sat in silence and put her backpack over her lap.

She didn't look around, staring forward without any emotion on her face.

-Miss Ross, are you ok? -Riviera decided to cut the silence after almost two hours of travel. They had changed vehicles twice already and the girl's posture hadn't changed.

-I'll be fine. -The girl murmured. Her voice trembled a bit, the first sign of emotion since the hotel room.

-Miss Ross… You don't really believe I'm taking you to Desmond, do you?

-Not really, Ma'am. -The girl looked down, but took a deep breath and resumed her proud posture.

-Where do you think I'm taking you, then, Miss Ross? -Riviera tilted her head.

-You're taking me somewhere to kill me and dispose of my body. -The girl said simply.

imeren, saye, Isobel and 3 others like this.
  13. beewink

Reading List:
    Link

OMG. OMG. OMG :blobdizzy:

saye, R_Luna7 and GiBro like this.
  14. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah so many emotions!!

poor Belle. I feel like I would feel this way too.
    They haven’t given her any reason to trust them so why would she now. Riviera cannot be that surprised by this.

the audacity of Williams. I can’t with him, man. He makes me so angry. Like we knew it was his nature, but he can find himself a nice rock and get under it.

Desmond better be sweet as hell to her because she’s gonna think it’s a hallucination anyway and she has already been THROUGH IT.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  15. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

-Miss Ross… -Riviera lost her composure, but only for a moment. -I can't express how ridiculous your assumption is.

Belle didn't take her eyes from the Chief's, but could see by her peripheral view that the agent had turned her head in her direction, from the passenger’s seat.

-Ma'am Riviera, I've been trying to keep my mind focused on the fact that there's nothing I can do to stop you, so the best I can do is to cooperate so you don't hurt me too much. -Belle said calmly. -But you can't really think I'm stupid enough to believe Desmond is alive and that you'd take me to see him ten days after…

-He's alive, Miss Ross. I don't know what else I could say to convince you. -Riviera sighed. -Save your energy, then. You'll believe me when you meet him.

-I saw him!

-You saw Mister Perez. He, unfortunately, was murdered that night. -She sighed as she saw Belle’s face overflowing with outrage. -I'm just telling you the truth, Miss Ross.

-How dare you? I didn't simply find a body! I watched him die! I saw his face! I saw him smiling at me right before Trevor… -Her eyes brimmed with tears that she had thought she couldn't produce anymore and her voice failed. She gulped and continued, salivating as the lump in her throat hurt badly. -I saw him! I know it was him and Captain Williams confirmed it was him.

-Captain Williams lied to you, Miss Ross. You probably had a hallucination. You probably just saw Mister Perez and your brain made you see what you wanted to. I'm sorry, but Captain Williams just took the opportunity, he probably found it fortunate that you believed it was Desmond.

-I'm not crazy! -Belle shouted with all her might. The agent on the driver's seat cleared his throat. She ignored him. -And I'm not dumb, too! It doesn't make sense, how would it possibly be better for my concussion to cry endlessly, eat only once per day and barely get out of bed for days, than to know that Desmond was alive?

-That information was never reported, Miss Ross… Have you been trying to harm yourself? -Riviera frowned, clearly irritated with the girl's ranting. -We had an official medical recommendation. We followed it. We provided you four meals per day, and that's more than average, just because your lawyer wouldn't stop calling us to assure it. If you refused it, that's your own irresponsibility!

Seeing the girl’s impassiveness starting to take over her countenance, Riviera looked down and sighed.

-Desmond is alive and well. You may believe me or not, I can’t think about a better way to convince you than taking you to him.

Belle went mute. She still didn't believe it, but there was a hint of hope sprouting inside her chest.

-But I saw him… -She murmured, almost to herself.

-I heard you saw other things that weren't real. -The Chief pointed out patiently. -Miss Ross, I can't say a thing about what you saw, but I can tell you about what's real. And this is real: Desmond is alive.

Belle felt her heart squeeze inside her chest. She hoped that if this was a trick, they would kill her fast, because she didn't want to go through that process of losing him again, now that she was beginning to believe that he was alive. To touch him again, to hear his voice again, to feel his smell, his taste, once again…

The car slowed down and she looked around. They were getting into a big hotel's garage.

-Are you really taking me to see him? -Her eyes were brimming. -Is this real? Please, don't lie to me, don't do this to me…

Riviera just nodded. She didn't like the girl’s blatantly romantic connection to Desmond, but she didn't want the girl to be a problem anymore, and she would turn into a huge problem without his help. She just hoped Desmond wouldn't get tired of the girl and mess everything up. The idea of putting the case’s destiny in the hands of a man that would most probably think more with his little head (even if this man was Desmond), was humiliating, but unavoidable.

-Ma'am… -Belle murmured in an embarrassed tone. -It might be too soon, but… Sorry for doubting you. Do you happen to have another copy of those documents you asked me to sign for you?

-I have a copy of each for Desmond to sign and one extra in case something happens, why?

Belle looked down, embarrassed.

-I need to sign it again. -She grimaced. -I might have written something else instead of my signature. I'm sorry, I really am.

Riviera hurriedly got the papers in her hands to check them. They looked like the girl's initials.

-It's an I, an A and a Ross… Isn't it? -She tilted her head.

-No… It's an F, an Y and an ass… But in overly fancy calligraphy… I'm really, really sorry, I did mean to offend you, but I don't anymore… -Belle watched the Chief as she noticed each hidden letter, blushing so much that her ears turned purple. She put her backpack aside and turned to Riviera with pleading eyes. -In my defense I really believed you were going to kill me, I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't be capable of getting away with it, using those documents somehow...

Riviera didn't say anything, just handed her the pen again and a new pair of documents. She offered the suitcase for Belle to use as a table and checked her signature afterwards. It was totally different from before.

-I'm gonna go first and get his signature, then you may go in. -Riviera sighed as they parked. -I know he won't pay any attention to this as soon as he sees you and I don't want to have trouble with getting those papers signed. May I trust you to wait quietly by the corridor with Agent Brown? Or should I make you wait inside the car?

She nodded her head toward the agent. Belle nodded.

-I'll behave, thank you. I'm really sorry for the insults… -She blushed even more.

-Let's go. -Riviera got out of the car and the two agents followed her.

The two agents checked around before the man opened up the door for her. She was so nervous that she forgot her backpack on the back seat. The female agent stayed very close to Belle, almost touching her. Riviera walked in front of them and the male agent rushed ahead, meeting them at the lobby with a staff ready by his side, holding a card in his hand.

As they walked through the corridors with a staff leading them, her heart began to beat strangely. She was pretty sure it shouldn't beat that fast, that strong and that out of rhythm. Tears sporadically ran through her cheeks to her neck and to the floor, but she didn't bother wiping them. As they slowed and stopped near a door, she started panting.

The agent named Brown approached Belle and helped her take off the bulletproof vest. Riviera gave her a warning look, then knocked on the door and signaled the staff to unlock the door. The staff did so and went away immediately.

-Desmond? -Riviera called, before opening the door to peer inside.

-Ah, Riviera, come in, make yourself home… -Belle put her hand over her mouth and closed her eyes. His voice hit her ears like a whip and she trembled. -By the way, I'm naked.

-I'm laughing out loud. -Riviera rolled her eyes and got in, leaving the door half opened. -I don't have much time, Desmond, I'm gonna miss my flight if I stay too long. Sign this. How are the bruises, by the way? No offense, but are you following the doctor's instructions? They look uglier than Williams said they did.

-You shouldn't open the door like that. That's fucking disrespectful. Thought I would have enough time to put on a shirt, but you practically knocked before they called me. -He replied in a cold tone. -I need more painkillers. And Isabelle. I wanna know how she is doing.

-You're gonna have the prescribed amount. If you keep taking them all at once to get stoned, you're gonna endure the pain afterwards, until you get the new prescription... -Riviera replied, coldly. -You missed one spot. Sign here too.

-Didn't miss it, it's my hostage. You shouldn't have told me you were in a hurry. Tell me when you're bringing her, and I'll sign it. I want to know the exact date, I feel like you aren't putting enough effort into solving this shit fast enough… -His voice lowered and Belle took a step forward to be able to listen better, but the agent stopped her, putting an arm in front of her. She sighed and apologized shyly. Desmond stopped midway through his sentence. -Is she here?

-Sign the papers, Desmond! -Riviera snorted. -You and Williams are gonna pay me for this whole situation.

-Yeah, like I don't know that you'll make my life miserable while I'm away just so I don't forget this. Keep in mind that he did it behind my back too. -She could hear his smile in his voice. -Here's the signature, and here's my thank you and goodbye. Cheers. Now bring her in, please.

-I can't believe you… Desmond, that's irresponsible and inappropriate! -Riviera’s voice was unusually angry. -Really, you should follow the doctor's instructions.

-I needed to relax. Let me be, if you won't get me more painkillers, you don't really care. -He snorted. -I'm fine, don't worry.

-Frankly, Desmond… You're lucky I really need to go right now. -Her voice got louder as she walked closer to the door. -Behave yourself, ok? And take care of her, without putting both your lives at risk.

She looked at Belle as she got out, then sighed and signaled her to get in.

-Good luck, Miss Ross. And be safe. -Riviera said in a formal tone. -We'll meet again at the court.

Belle tried to voice out a Thank you, but her vocal chords were paralyzed. She walked into the room with trembling legs, then stopped as soon as she turned in the small corridor at the entrance.

Sitting on a couch, bare chested, and smiling broadly, he looked more handsome than ever. She noticed he was holding something in his hand. It was a bag of ice.

-Hello, Belle. -He smirked, scrutinizing her whole body up and down. -You have absolutely no idea of how much I missed you.

Belle trembled from head to toes. For a moment she thought her heart would explode. She tried to walk toward him, but her knees couldn't handle her weight and caved in, abruptly.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    imeren, R_Luna7, saye and 3 others like this.
  16. saye

saye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yess thank godd!!! babies finally mett :cry::cry: hope we'll have an appropriate payback for the dear Captain Williams for using people's feelings like that.

17. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, I was anticipating him being cold to her. And I still feel like he will be slightly in the next chapter. But it took me by surprised that he admitted how much he has missed her. it warmed my heart. :love:

18. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please, let me know more about your line of thought =P I'm really curious

novelenthusiast1717 and R_Luna7 like this.
  19. beewink

Reading List:
    Link
    I can definitely sense that as well. But considering their time apart over the course if those 10 days u think it qull being abiut a few more sweetee moments between them

novelenthusiast1717 and R_Luna7 like this.
  20. R_Luna7

R_Luna7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol okay bear with me, I’m just gonna type this out while I think this through.

When he kissed her he said if they survive they would not be talking about it. He has been so closed off about his true feelings until that last day and even then he wouldn’t admit it.

I guess cold isn’t necessarily the right term lol
    Maybe Luke warm. Like still hesitant to let her know how he has been feeling - keeping her at arms length. And as I’m typing this I’m remembering he says that he will miss her when she’s gone.
    So it isn’t new information.

And he isn’t a liar. He doesn’t like to lie and doesn’t have the capacity for it with the people he cares about. He is an omitter lol

Based off of that, I suppose I expected, honest but not allow himself the opportunity to be compassionate. Aware and conscious of how Belle may have suffered but I thought he would not say something sweet like that without being questioned or prodded for it.

he might acknowledge that the situation has been hard for her but not offer up any insight to how it has been for him? More pissed than sympathetic, maybe…

maybe I’m crazy haha
    Maybe I’m ahead of myself

oh! He is on pain meds and taking more than prescribed, he is pissed that his hand has been forced I’m sure. So is he still in that “fuck it, might not get another chance” mentality or is he influenced by his medication?

So many thoughts honestly. lol
    Sorry if he is characterized totally wrong by me. I was expecting our all business detective Desmond and we got our sweet Ryan to show up for this meeting and I love it!
    Belle needs a little sweetness after all this shit.