Japanese The Fifth Prince was banished to the frontier, but for some reason his sisters-in-law became widows

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, Oct 29, 2021.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Name:
    辺境に追放された第五王子ですが、なぜか兄嫁たちが未亡人になっておしかけてきます

Publisher: Syosetu, Kakuyomu

Raws: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816452220327463561

Description:

Sho Tenmoku was a priest and cook at a shrine with an attached restaurant. After his death, he was reincarnated in a different world as the fifth prince Elroy of the Norgard kingdom.

Elroy made a name for himself as a child prodigy based on the memories of his previous life, but was conversely isolated due to harassment and slander by his brothers.

As a result, he was banished to the remote Ouroboros Land and where he was believed to have died in the wild.

However, Elroy, who was released from the shackles of the royal palace, would rather happily reform and develop the frontier into his own kingdom, but for some reason his older brothers' wives, who had been friends with him, ended up as widows and came to him one after another asking for help.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

I read this series with low expectations, but I was surprised at how well-written it was. The story isn't very complex, but the author does a good job of developing the characters, their interactions and actions. Nobody really feels two-dimensional. There's also some thought put into things like politics, war, trade etc.

Also I like that all the women in the story don't automatically fall in love with the MC. Other characters around him also get into relationships with each other.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    Paps and Chayle like this.
  2. Chayle

Chayle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to recommend this to some translator groups but I'd like to know a bit more about the situation with the widows, it's very ambiguous

3. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, the writer does a nice job of developing the characters, their interactions, motivation and bonds.

MC's older brothers, the other princes, all have wives or fiancees. These girls, the princesses, all have their own circumstances. They get POVs explaining how marriages between nobles and royalty are generally arranged for political alliances but they go ahead with it and try to make it work as part of their duty.

They like the MC(the youngest prince) because he's charming, respectful towards women(because he has a modern gentleman's values and has been married in his previous life) and intelligent but it's not really romantic affection(at first). They're just like 'If we had to have an arranged marriage with this kingdom's prince I'd have preferred if it was Elroy instead.' So when MC gets exiled they just use their influence to help him in a small way(like paying for a mercenary to guard him, exchanging letters and later introducing merchants to visit his territory) and then move on with their own lives as royalty.

But later there's political upheaval and war because of which the Norgard kingdom gets invaded, the other princes are killed and the princesses are forced to flee. They end up seeking refuge in Elroy's territory and eventually romance blooms.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  4. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    your spoiler alone is already fulfilling enough to read. kek.

Xxsafirex likes this.
  5. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  6. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  7. gautam1989

Reading List: