Recommendations Zerg romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball, May 24, 2021.

1. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm looking for novel recommendations with Zerg as the main topic (having culture, city, friends, romance, etc). I tend to like romance especially BL. But I welcome BxG novel recommendation too.
    Currently, I only know 4 novels with Zerg main theme:
    And 1 QT novel with side theme in one of the arc about Zerg:
    Preferably no harem please

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  2. Wanttomakeyousmile

Wanttomakeyousmile Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about the Starcraft Zergs? Because something doesn't add up. Or are you talking about eusocial species in general?

4. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, as long as I remember, I think the Zergs in the novel is something like eusocial species. They have a royal one (usually it's a queen) to command them. In the novel Home of The Zerg, they have caste in which male Zerg have a higher position than female because the probability of male Zerg hatch is smaller than the female.
    In conclusion, I want a novel with Zerg main topic in which the Zergs have a high consciousness (not like some novels where they describe Zerg as a crab or bugs that only knows how to destroy), clever, can have a family or children and also have feelings and culture

5. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    That's stupid. That's not how eusocial organisms work. The caste system is there only for the division of labor. They cooperate so that the brood will prosper. That's why the queen is at the top. So what if there are only a handful of fertile males left, if the queen dies, it doesn't matter. If thats the case, then their job would, and only will be breeding with the queen. The caste was not there for status but for function. It is so that they can properly allocate the jobs. They are called eusocial for a reason. The highest form of sociality.

Also the Zergs are not mindless. Even the zerglings have basic thoughts. The problem is that they have a psionic hive mind connection. It enables the Overmind, Cerebrates, Sarah Kerrigan, and her broodmothers to control the hive. In this case, the one on the too of the caste is not the one who can breed, but the one with the most powerful psionic ability. And their purpose is to improve themselves. That's why they intentionally put themselves if a difficult position where only the strong survives. That's their culture.

6. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay.... so do you have any novel recommendation like that?? Because I intend to create this post to gather NUFFIAN who has read novels that is similar to what I'm looking for. This thread isn't supposed to be a discussion thread :blobsweat_2:

7. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm genuinely asking because your post doesn't make sense at all. You're asking for a novel with a caste system like in the one India have in the past but you're talking as if your asking for stories with eusocial social structures.

For a recommendation, probably Chrysalis. MC is a human turned ant. The hive are eusocial, but the MC is not because he's human. He only sees the hive as a tool. The author tried to sugarcoat it but failed to do so. The hive's culture is about them eusocial while being affected by the MC.

Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball likes this.
  8. Pomee

Pomee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1)After being reborn as a male insect, he refused to eat soft rice for free
    2)After transmigrating into a villain cannon fodder male zerg
    3)This Male Was Forced To Support His Family
    4) How difficult it is to raise a good zerg
    5) Zergs show love everyday

Second one is my favourite:love:
    Novelupdates should really have a zerg tag now.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Fairlady1996 and Sivajani like this.
  9. Chayle

Chayle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't find the first one. Do you have a link?

Sivajani likes this.
  10. Pomee

Pomee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already requested the zerg tagged on novelupdate. I guess it still doesn't approved until now

Pomee likes this.