Spoiler The Predatory Marriage Between the King and the Paladin/국왕과 성기사의 약탈혼

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by BooBoo, Feb 7, 2021.

1. angerysquonk

angerysquonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, another thread polluted by long, winding, pointless arguments about the morality of the actions of imaginary characters

Anyways

Looks interesting, definitely a huge spin on the whole male tyrant thing, i like it so far. And theres a true blue soft boy not one of those fake ones that are really evil when not with FL

2. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion:
    Well, not to say it is rare to see an FL be so violent in her revenge. It is really an eye for an eye kind of revenge.
    Most of the FL revenge stories that we can read in manwhas are usually more plotting ans scheming, whether this FL acts: "like a man" in this regard. As in the violence she displays is very physical when mostly women use psychological violence. This is just a general consensus by the way, it is how society portrays men and women. That is why, for example, a woman killer is considered worse than an man killer because a woman is supposed to be nurturing and protective. Gender roles even exist in how crime is viewed.....
    But I digress.
    It is "refreshing" to see an FL that doesn't pull punches on that topic and is as cruel to her abusers as they were to her and the ML.
    I don't condone her attitude and behaviour with the ML, but I understand where it comes from.
    When hatred consumes somebody, that person gets tunnel vision and narrow thinking pattens. They are incapable of assessing a situation or a person correctly, since the whole focus is on revenge and the various chemicals released by the brain under anger/rage really don't help. They also "need" the release that the vengeance will procure. Because it is the only outlet to the pent up rage and feelings that they have harbored for years sometimes.
    The downside to this is that the patterns have been there for so long that they can't get out of it, so the next slight (real or imaginary) will re-add fuel to the fire. Which is what you see here with the FL, each time she discovers something about the ML, the ring, the house, etc... She is too caught in her revenge ways to think clearly as ask the simple questions that need to be asked. She only trusts herself anyway. So having a conversation with the ML is not even on her agenda at this point.

3. mubaraksul

mubaraksul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers included!! I do not know how to use the spoiler dropdown
    After reading the spoilers from the thread and the discussions, I can say I’m happy it’s a 30 chapter manhua. Can’t take another 100 chapter misunderstanding trope. And I’m quite diss appointed that some people in the discussions are trying to justify her forcing the ML to marry her by threatening his friends, raping him (yes using drugs during will obviously still classify it as rape), threatening him to have sex with her so he can see his friends and to top it all of the collar? No way people on this thread are going to say because she was angry that her friend that mind you already rejected her proposal when she was young (albeit because he thought she was a Noble but she didn’t know that). She came to a conclusion that he was married, but still forced the marriage, trashed his supposedly dead wife’s house and bragged about it? And you read someone saying she was angry, heart broken or she misunderstood? Are these real genuine justifications? Because I don’t think so and a simple apology definitely resolving everything does not make to me

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  4. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa is actually 31 chapters, the last chapter is a side story which is a short time skip where we see
    the ML going about his day and carrying out his duties as usual but this time he has their child (girl) in hand. At the end of the chapter, he and the FL have sex…that’s basically it.

5. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait does this have hidden harem in it or something?

6. Iska-IX

Reading List:
    Link
    Complete opposite, there were never even any secondary lead characters/rivals introduced. The closest thing was when the FL misunderstood that the ML was married but even so it was just a misunderstanding which was cleared up in the end.

staradorned and Biakushi like this.
  7. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the old mistress mentioned that the pendant was pure gold, I kinda knew that it might be the ring.

Just to join the discussion about MC...

I read plenty across genres that I met a plenty of trashes, MC is merely just an addition to the list. I won't justify their actions or what, that's part of their characterization. What I would like to point is, look for the theme of the story instead of jumping and seeing something you can't stomach.

After reading a few chapters, obviously being a tyrant was treated as an acceptable way up to the throne, as her people fear and worship her power. So yeah, her actions are acceptable and matched the settings. Also, there's plenty of hints that the ML, while submissive and passive, wasn't anywhere near sane as well. He's obsessing over the MC in a different way. He's displaying a low self esteem hidden away by being humble and agreeable. Preparing a love nest might seem romantic, but him investing everything on it while also thinking they're impossible is a good recipe for someone to develop delusional tendencies. So from the start, the story wasn't spring flowers blooming. Even the title says so. That's why despite having r@pe and abuse in the story, it's acceptable for me. Cause I know what I sign up for, it's on the freaking genre! Tho the most important part was that the main cast are all tainted. The theme was an R-18 dark for some reason, ok.

Look, it's the same way wherein it's acceptable in survival genres to have some selfish, cunning, etc kind of Main leads while a gullible and innocent character will be hated. I don't mind those, heck I cheer for them to dug pits for others. But fvk I will freak if I'm reading a light genre and there's some harasser/tyrant character that suddenly grabs people and abuse them. I'll be so disgusted I might drop the story. Anyway, I hope I'm getting across my point.

8. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Thank you for all of your spoilers...

I think it is not our problem if she raped him because that is part of their love story. Imagine if she didn't raped him will he have a moment with her when she totally hates him... And I think he's not that weak to let her raped him... remember he survived from prostitute house without letting anyone touching him and do you think he will become a paladin if he were a weak person... I don't think so... That's why I conclude that although she raped him, he didn't even protest and he let her do whatever she wants because he loves her so much... That is how they love works and we don't have any say on that because we where not on there shoes...

Anyway, I think anything about this story will not affect us... Hehehe So chillax guys....

(Sorry if there's a grammatical error in my paragraph)thank you!

mirrioulle and Biakushi like this.
  9. TaoTie

TaoTie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a link to the raw novel you read?

But some of us novel lovers dont have access to the servers or the spoilers and won't know what happens with the story

10. Lumina25684

Lumina25684 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Iska-IX

Reading List:
    Link
    DM me

12. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rape is rape. It was disgusting in many stories where the guy is the rapist like "abandoned empress" and dozens of Chinese stories with an asshole rapist ML....it's just as disgusting when this disgusting female MC does it. She even put him on a leach and whenever she gets frustrated she acts out and rapes him. Beyond disgusting.

Reading the spoilers it seems like this story ends with chapter 30 so basically, a series of seriously disturbing psychotic breakdowns and then she learns the guy loved her and never slept with someone else and then HAPPY ENDING??? lol I can see this story being written by a 14 year old on Wattpad in 2012

Nadjocr likes this.
  13. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ArkiV_10 likes this.
  14. TakeItSeriouslyBlaze

TakeItSeriouslyBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i also have it?pretty pleasèee

15. Vansus

Vansus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, so I found all 30 chapters in russian. I can't post links yet, so DM me, if someone wants it. Or you can just google it.
    Also, if possible, please DM the link to the server with the novel. Thanks.

16. unicorn_chimera30

unicorn_chimera30 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have the link, too? Pretty pleaseee

17. Iska-IX

Reading List:
    Link
    Check DM’s

18. Jahnera

Jahnera Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have the link too please

19. blue_iceland

blue_iceland Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have it too please? Thank you in advance!!

20. Blugem

Blugem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can i have it too? unable to pm you. Thank you