Spoiler I will twist the neck of a sweet dog / 다정한 개새끼의 목을 비틀겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flowers_bloom, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well now if emperor is ML,now have to wait and see how they gonna make a story about his wife(the former empress). It’s also does not fair for her.

2. Deleted member 294510

Deleted member 294510 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok spoiler part 2

the red haired Emperor is the male lead

I think they will mutually divorce it since she can't give birth to children

Ok I might pick up this novel, since the male lead is the one which I hoped for

3. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes pick it up please:aww::aww: , i'm really interesed in this novel

Deleted member 294510 likes this.
  4. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    I feels the same . What’s the point of calling mistress in other novels trash if we are gonna accept the fl here? I hope author will take a safe route

LSEM123, Drayne, Creolenerd and 6 others like this.
  5. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by the synopsis, did the duke reverse the timeline and keep his memory?

Deleted member 294510 likes this.
  6. luvsunny11

luvsunny11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did divorce the 1st empress, he only loved FL and because he loved her so much he gave up on fighting 2nd ML (he could defeat 2ndML and his knight),2nd ML held FL hostage at the time and promised ML that he would spare FL

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  7. Deleted member 294510

Reading List:
    Link
    Yupp! I am waiting for my raw provider to get me the raws, I will start working on it!

8. Deleted member 294510

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I will be picking up this novel! I will release the chapters by this week. Please keep in mind that I am working on this novel alone (that is, Translating, PRing and QC) please don't pressurise me for faster release since I have recently finished translating 2 Korean novels, I will take few days to get my pace back

If any kind soul is willing to help me in PRing pls do contact me^^ people who have free schedule will be much preferable^^

Thank you

My site is public and to know my Instagram username and discord details pls dm me ^^

9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because other mistresses are usually scheming cunning b*tches, who try to eliminate a wife using ruthless methods, while the MC here is put into the mistress position against her will.

Below are not spoilers, but just assumptions based on the summary and short spoilers above because the premise and possible plot hooked me up.

When MC approached the Emperor
    • she was in love with another man for a long time (too bad she’s too naive and uneducated to understand how horrible of a person he is, but I don’t blame her because he might have looked like a god to her);
    • she didn’t know any other life except for what “the uncle” has shown her, because she was being groomed into becoming the Emperor’s mistress since she was a child;
    • she probably hasn’t been taught anything outside of what was making her “beautiful”, only the stuff to captivate a man’s heart (I feel bad for the empire in this TL, because she looks too ignorant to be a mother of a nation, and the Emperor is too rush and influenced by his emotions, but we’ll see if there’s any character growth in the future);
    • growing up she didn’t have any examples of healthy family relationships and wasn’t taught family values, her personal life examples were horrible;
    • she’s owing the Grand duke her life and he’s her official guardian, so she’s basically a slave and even if she knew it’s wrong she wouldn’t be able to do anything against “the uncle’s” plot.
    • So she has a big number of reasons to follow his orders and become the mistress even though she doesn’t aim to be one and just wants to be recognized by the one she loves.
    Regarding the Empress, I also feel really bad about her as just because of her seemingly unstable position she’s lost a chance to become a mother and a chance to get married with someone who could have loved her and given her a safer life. An Empress can be dethroned if she’s infertile, and in real life after divorce she would have been probably sent to a monastery, which is a life full of struggles, so I hope in this novel she will get a better ending.
    I assume the Empress’ family wasn’t very powerful if it was possible to poison her into infertility so easily. It also means that if it wasn’t for the MC becoming a mistress there would have still been a huge line of other noble daughters who would have been pushed to the Emperor to a give birth to an heir instead of a barren Empress. And even if the Emperor didn’t want to have a mistress he would have been pushed to breed by the nobles. So at least he got a chance to be with the person he loved for a short while in the 1st TL.
    From a short spoiler above it doesn’t look like there was much love between the royal couple, because if the Emperor was in love he would have cared for his wife and her surroundings way better. I would guess that the Empress probably wasn’t as beautiful as he would love his wife to be, and putting her into this position also could have been a plot from those who wanted to manipulate the Emperor later.
    The Emperor’s fixation on beautiful things looks weird, I have a feeling it could have been a part of the Emperor’s upbringing that was encouraged by the scheming nobles to manipulate him easier. But I feel bad for the empire and people there once again, because this sounds like their ruler is totally irresponsible and doesn’t know real life at all, so I once again hope for some character growth.

10. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooof the villain is such a nasty groomer I wanna throw up in my mouth. which is a testament to the author because even though we see him from the POV of someone who loves him we know he's crustier than a burnt slice of toast. I also adore the art style and I think it goes so well with the story <3

Poor_Hero, Katastrophe and Le_Tired like this.
  11. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ml? King?
    Ending spoiler?

12. kissmemore

kissmemore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is the king, Reymond

13. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @its0k I just read the manhwa and I think your analysis about FL's mental process is correct. FL also lost her sanity after the duke (2nd ML) forced her to cut ties with her daughter, which stirred up her mother instinct. FL was fond of the emperor but it wasn't enough for her to wake up from the delusion because 2nd ML groomed and brainwashed her since she was a kid. ML (the emperor) was a fierce warrior but his biggest weakness was he was a massive simp for FL and it resulted in giving up his life because he thought his death could secure the chance of living for FL's (and their daughter).

Judging by the manhwa it seems like at first ML saw a beauty (FL) pass by and told his servant to summon FL in secret and intended to have a one-night stand with her. (It's just pretty normal in the medieval era anw). I guess ML didn't have any emotion for the empress and didn't stay faithful solely to her either. However, as it procceed, it showed that ML treated and loved FL differently from others.

In some previews by other Korean users, they said 2nd ML deeply regretted what he did but they didn't go into detail so I guess there must be some twists there (2nd ML probably had memories of the 1st life too?)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  14. sixnein

sixnein Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “I fEeL lIkE I lOsT mY bReAsTs wHeN I sEe yOu”- mtl Empreror

Another cliche story

15. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess if it makes people feel better, we could just consider the ML's terrible fate in the first timeline as his karmic retribution.

His shallowness and lust ended in him playing into the hands of the trashy duke. His beloved was a pawn of his enemy, he was beaten and lost his position as emperor, and he died in disgrace while in prison knowing FL had deceived him per the dukes orders from the start.

ML ending up genuinely loving the FL did not spare him from the consequences of his own actions. In the end, he got what he deserved and died miserably, so at least there's that. If FL didn't conveniently regressed back to the past that would've been his final fate.

16. luvsunny11

luvsunny11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's political marriage at best, he didn't love the empress, and it seems like he didn't mind if she was infertile, otherwise, in that era, he could have divorced the empress before he even met FL and found another fertility wife. FL was the only woman ML loved and it's enough to the point that he considered divorcing 1st empress. Calling ML "shallow" is a bit harsh here, perhaps should reconsider the background of the novel before jumping on the bandwagon of judging fantasy novels' moral compass.

17. kissmemore

kissmemore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw others mentioned Remarried Empress, needless to say, that novel also used some magic cheating tool to cure FL's infertile issue because we all know what would happen if Navier can't bore any heir for Heinrey. Even the trope that they used to make Sovieshu regret was about whether Navier can give birth to children or not. I don't know why a lot of people idolize novels that make a big deal out of women's fertility.

18. Rasha2006

Rasha2006 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the MTL!!
    Also could you tell me where you got the text raw file because I wanna try reading it by mtl:aww:

19. Lilac0420

Lilac0420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where I got the text file is a bit sensitive topic. I hope you understand why I can't tell you^^

Rasha2006 likes this.
  20. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda hoped the ML was the blonde knight not the guy cheating on his wife with a teenager but alas. Granted the blonde knight stood by complacently while her abuse took place so I'm not too heartbroken over him not being a LI either. I feel so bad for FL and i really hope she finds some self worth and happiness in her next life (and ofc i hope she breaks the duke's neck into a billion little pieces).