Spoiler I will twist the neck of a sweet dog / 다정한 개새끼의 목을 비틀겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flowers_bloom, Nov 27, 2021.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why he regretted it? Did he remember 1 TML?

2. gmn

gmn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I also hoped blonde knight would be ML because he was the one who truthfully cared for her :blobsad:.
    I hope he wasn't the knight who got killed when offering to help her because I think he is and that would be so sad :blob_teary:

3. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he actually is , he died by trying to help her

4. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You make it sound as if the emporer was a pedophile. She was 19 years old when they first met. Even in this modern age she's a legal adult

nyxxx, Turbostop, zozoshawky and 6 others like this.
  5. gmn

gmn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooo :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:. I hope he have a happy ending in second TL :blob_pout:

6. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said he was a pedo, 19 is still a teen tho. 'Barely legal' is still pretty weird by modern standards. I know that it wasn't that weird by the standards of the time but so was cheating on your wife. The story was still written by a modern author through a more or less modern lense so in my opinion I can still point out the fact that she's 19.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    zoefleyl, SoShy and Le_Tired like this.
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know the Emperor’s age? I was under impression that both brothers were only a couple of years (like around 4-5 max) older than MC. But both of them are drawn like they are in their 40s and look creepy with MC so idk.

I’ve read that the Empress couldn’t get pregnant for 10 years, so the Emperor could be around 28 if we consider modern age for legal marriage. This actually gives off predatory vibes because he’s more experienced in seduction and what’s more alarming is that he is in a position of absolute power where a girl can’t say no even if he says she can. So even though he’s not a psychopathic groomer molesting and brainwashing an underage girl like “the uncle”, he’s still creepy because of his interest in a young beautiful girl without any background and life wisdom.

We don’t know yet at what age the royal couple has actually married, so the Emperor can be younger. If it was an arranged marriage the ceremony could have been held when they were pre-teens or even younger. And as soon as they went through puberty they could have been pushed to share a bed. There were a lot of real life situations like this in European history, so I won’t be surprised if the author used one of them as a reference.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  8. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it says in the manhwa that he's 24-ish? I'm not exactly sure. But if he is then it would be weird for them to hold it over the empress that she didn't get pregnant since she was 14 (possibly younger). I think historically speaking they wouldn't have even encouraged a pregnancy at such a young age because childbirth would be incredibly dangerous as the lady's hips and pelvis wouldn't have fully developed and widened yet. (iirc Queen Marie Antoinette's marriage was not even consummated until she turned 16 because the king considered her to be too young before then).

9. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate both the MC and ML so I guess I will drop this.

as for why I hate the MC: She was traumatized and my heart went to her all the way but the second she involved the emperor, she lost any sympathy from me. He loves her and faced the opposition of nobles to marry her yet she was still fulfilling her "uncle" 's wishes. Its a big nope from me.

She knows what it's like being an orphan yet she didn't confess everything to the emperor even though their child was on the line. If we're going to forgive the messed up stuff she is doing just because she was abused then what? We can't blame most physical abusers because chances are, they themselves were abused. She is an adult and should take full responsibility for what she does.

Why I hate the ML: he took a mistress and casually cheated just because she is pretty. This is basically the person we usually hate when we see things from the perspective of the "empress". I read that she was infertile and that's why it was easy for him to take a mistress, this makes me hate him even more.

Basically, both MC and ML are hot garbage so maybe they deserve each other.

10. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn the ML ain't even that bad. Pretty much said he's been sent to the battlefield since he was 14, and was ordered by the previous emperor to marry his empress. We never see him treating the empress poorly, and he never gave her any false promises of love. The divorce settlement was more land than the duchys had. All in all dude was not a bad guy. If you say he was cheating. They were pretty much separated, so he didn't really do anything terrible.

11. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone elaborate on the uncle regretting pls? Does it mean that he regrets after she died or he also rebirths and has his past memories? How did he feel & what happened after she died?:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

SinfulChibi and rafa like this.
  12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Empress could have been older, age mismatch has happened a lot in European history too.
    I do agree that both of them don’t look good, but we can’t compare this plot to other romance plots where a queen wife is being cheated on, because we don’t know yet if she even loved her husband. If it was an arranged marriage and it was completely normal in their culture for royals to have lovers then what’s the problem? MC obviously wasn’t the first girl to warm up the Emperor’s bed, and the Empress is not even mentioned in manhwa except for being drawn with a happy face after the divorce in the first TL where she’s received a lot of land for alimony.
    MC behaves stupidly, but she’s been brainwashed since she was a child. Read about people who were involved in cults. Most of them are adults with education and life experience, they become obsessed fanatics after a couple of months of brainwashing, and the girl wasn’t shown any other life and was locked in the mansion without friends or anyone to rely on except for “the uncle” and was brainwashed for years. I’m not surprised she voluntarily drunk the poison at the end of the first TL, because her brain just couldn’t process anymore her situation and misery.

13. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with the ML but I'm still willing to cut the MC some slack as she's been brainwashed and groomed from childhood. Maybe she doesn't think that her child will be in danger since she views her 'uncle' as some family figure who will protect her (ofc we as the audience know that he's a burning pile of garbage who'll definitely get rid of them but MC views him almost as a godly figure to be lovingly worshipped and feared). As for the emperor I really don't see a reason why she would care about him atm just because they slept together and had a kid, not when she's been taught all her life by the one person she trusts that he is a terrible and dangerous man and that she should always keep her guard up around him.

The way the MC acts and views the world (especially in relation to the duke) almost reminds me of testimonials of people who have been raised in cults. The author did such a good job.

14. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ***DISCUSSION***

Yea, frankly, I'm more than a little uncomfortable that a 19yo is being blamed for an extramarital affair she had been groomed for, since she was like 12ish, by a grown ass man ("uncle") in a position of power and authority who acts as her guardian. That is...victim blaming.... I don't see how she can be called stupid when she was not raised in an environment that encouraged her to think for herself. It's pretty callous to just insult a young woman's intelligence for being attracted to her guardian when she had no adult figure to depend on nor did she have any idea what a healthy relationship between a guardian and child should look like. The "uncle" didn't exactly teach her to have physical or emotional boundaries....

Edit: Judging MC for her 'cheating' or w/e is missing the whole point of the story. I'm rlly trying not to be mad about this but b/c i'm an -insert profession-, people in -insert career field- inadvertently pick up behavioral clues in young teens that may signal they're experiencing some form of abuse. People think she’s old enough to be held responsible for their actions, but she’s REALLY NOT. To add to that, she has no family, assets / finances, power, and manhwa doesn't show her receiving practical education that could be utilized to support herself, she's just told to look pretty and to look for approval.

It's so crazy to me to see comments bashing MC for having a distorted moral compass and it's awful to want to assign blame w/o trying to understand the psychological repercussions of isolation, grooming, and emotional manipulation on victims. We are a product of our environments and we don't come out of the womb ready w/ knowledge of what is "right" and "wrong". What may be considered "bad" to a family / culture / etc. may be considered "good" in a different context. What is considered the norm depends on the values & perspectives instilled by the people who raised us, and her norm was to be a sexualized object that only operates based on whether her uncle approves of her or not. What someone would think is a logical thing to do may not be logical to someone else depending on how they were raised. She had no close friends growing up to reframe her understanding of the world and was not allowed autonomy over her own life. It's insensitive to not factor that their world doesn't exactly have resources to outline what is predatory, grooming behavior since it was considered a part of their life. Sh*tting on her for cheating or not doing the "right" things in regards to her and her child's safety is mind boggling to me.

Is the lack of empathy I'm seeing due to the absence of close relationships w/ victims who have gone through these traumatic experiences? Would people have the same opinions on real life versions of MC who've done similar things? I'm actually bothered by this b/c I can remember firsthand accounts told to me by people similar to MC on being judged by people who will never experience this in their life. I maintain friendships w/ diverse groups of people, one of them being people who work in the sex industry and I've become embittered to how moral judgment is passed down by people who are not struggling to survive. I might just drop this out of stress b/c MC's situation actually reminds me of one of my close friends. I'm mentally spent from reading judgmental comments

I agree, this isn't a black and white cheating or not cheating story, and the immorality of the infidelity is not even the main issue. Different relationships have different agreements between the parties involved, and royal marriages are more or less business transactions. Remarried Empress was different b/c MC & ML were raised together and genuinely loved each other before Soviesh*t dug his own grave. The focus was also on MC recovering her self worth and rediscovering her identity outside of her marriage to the Emperor after grieving over the end of their relationship. There's not much info on the Empress yet in this story and it seems to be more about MC regaining control of her life after being manipulated like a puppet during her formative years. I find it hard to even hate on the ML of this story as he is reduced to a breeding stallion through the view of most of the nobles so I can't blame him.

I don't understand the fixation on the infidelity portion because when I started reading it, I was horrified by the level of abuse and manipulation the MC experiences. I'm deadass reading a grown man nibbling on the body of a teenager he RAISED. AHHH. AHHHH. I cannot fathom being in her position and I don't know why someone who's still basically a teenager is being criticized for being manipulated....why is she...being held responsible for being stuck in circumstances outside of her control and just surviving.... It reminds me of 1st TL ML of Emperor Reverses Time who criticized the Empress for being a weird, flawless, 'perfect' doll and then he goes back to her childhood and discovers why she was that way (abusive parents).
    1. When young people who enter the entertainment industry are told by "well meaning", influential industry figures that the only way to gain power is to sleep with (married) people who can give you opportunities or when businessmen sponsor young foreign models so they can be used later on to offer sexual favors to their (married) clients. Some people feel that they're in a desperate situation w/ no alternatives so they choose this path, despite it being "wrong", b/c of factors ranging from lack of finances, absence of familial support, inadequate education, etc.

Does it make sense to blame those who have no power or those who created a situation that forces people to choose between socioeconomic mobility or poverty?

2. A widow is isolated, alone, and has no contact with their kids, and a potential romantic interest comes into view who gains their trust over time with sweet promises, then one day scams them out of thousands of dollars via a fake sob story about their parent's surgery or something.

You could call the widow "stupid" for falling for an obvious scam but it's easy to make judgments from the outside when your judgment is not clouded by constant isolation and overwhelming feelings of grief.

you can blame the window and tell them not to fall for a scam but you could also reprimand the scammer for scamming someone.... Similar logic applies to r*pists
    A couple of my previous former roommates at one point roomed with someone who was raised in a cult when they were little and it took a while for that person + her parents to be deprogrammed.....When I heard the story, it is very sad to think that people like them are being blamed for being "stupid" when it's easier than one might think to be caught in a cult or a multi level marketing scheme.

There are things that can attributed to individual faults then there's external factors / people that should be held accountable above all others after preying on someone's vulnerability and weaknesses for their own purposes.

I was under the same impression in regards to ML's age based on the available context clues and also thought that the author is probably writing a situation that's closer to what politics looked like for European nobility in that time period.
    Yea....I can't really look at people under 23yo as potential romantic interests b/c the difference in life experience can be a lot sometimes. I think a lot of people are under the impression that it's OK to be involved w/ someone once they're over 18 but it's really not. It's creepy. Like, someone I went to college with, who is not a creepy-predatory-groomer, was dating an 18/19yo and everyone side eyed them b/c it's WEIRD. REALLY REALLY WEIRD. It's still weird to date or be attracted to someone that young (at my age) even if you're not an ill intentioned person..... It's just questionable...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  15. Rasha2006

Rasha2006 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay thanks for telling me!

I think the ml is 24 since ascended the throne at 14 and probably got married when he is 14(which is really young) 14+10 (years of empress not getting pregnant) =24

Fostofina, its0k and SheeLey like this.
  16. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh this story seems pretty creepy

17. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't disagree there :blob_patpat: but can you imagine how satisfying it will be when she turns everything around for herself? :blobpopcorn:

18. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes It's like a bloody horror sence, you know its creepy but you mist see it

DOHere and Fostofina like this.
  19. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the manhwa raws up to ch20 it doesn’t look like the uncle has also returned back in time, which is good because seeing a psycho groomer’s redemption arc is something no one wants. His anxious face at the start of the second TL looks pale most certainly because MC is the main part of his plan and she apparently got really sick and if she’s died or is “broken” he’ll have to think of something else.

By the time MC has drunk the poison in the first TL the uncle also started to look like he had a few screws loose, or he has stopped being too cautious to hide his true nature all the time. And it actually didn’t look like he had any warm feelings for MC even before her death, more like he was angry that she has stopped seeing him as a centre of her world and has put her daughter there. The man is a real psychopath, I doubt he has any feelings at all except for endless greed and narcissism. I hope knowledge of the future will help MC to win against this cunning crazy person.

20. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, calm down a little.

Kylos Ludwig was said to be the previous Emperor's illegitimate child. No, he wasn't. The Emperor's one and only legitimate child was Raymon. The previous Emperor had married a woman, a princess, from another country. She was not welcomed in the kingdom and nobility was turning against him (the previous Emperor) to safeguard his wife, the Emperor made the Duke's daughter as his mistress (which was just a transaction between them). One day, Kylos's biological father tried to meet him and he told his mother, his mother was looking for her past fling/lover and killed her mercilessly to hide the truth. I couldn't understand this MTL but as far as I understood she just wanted a heir, through whom she can succeed the Grand Duchy.

MTL : Kylos Ludwig, who has the emperor's government as his mother, was the emperor's illegitimate child. His mother was the only child of Archduke Ludwig, and Prince Ludwig, who had no son, pointed out the illegitimate child of the emperor born by his daughter as his successor.

You are not his child so you can never be his successor, remember Kylos, you only have to succeed the Duchy - Kylos's mother

It was then Kylos came to know that the one he thought was his father wasn't related to him any way, it was just a farce, a transaction between his mother and the Emperor.
    Only Kylos, Emperor, Empress, the mother herself and the now dead biological father knew whose child Kylos really was.

But soon enough, Kylos's mother and the Emperor were poisoned and the crown prince Raymond succeed the throne.

Kylos was jealous of Raymond who had the love of everyone, the Emperor who was cold to him loved Raymond, who was his biological child. Raymond, even though complained about how boring it is but Kylos thought he unlike him, Raymond never looked unhappy. So he knitted a plan to cover his position, which he thought is the source of Raymond's happiness and his misery.

Raymond to succeed the throne married the noble lady his father told him to, to set his political backing straight while he (previous Emperor) was on his deathbed. The marriage was political and the new Empress was a few years older than him. I think she was 3 years older than him.

Coming to how Kylos met Chloe, well he went to warn the (trash) family (of Chloe) who were creating nuisance of him and there he got introduced to a child who was treated as an animal in the house.

At first he pitied the girl who was shivering in the corner but later when the house was burned he saw the fire in her eyes as she said I'm alone from a long time and noticed yet how beautiful that skinny, shabby girl was. Naturally once he arrived with in the Duchy he put her in his use and gave her a thorough training, brainwashing the child who was only 5 years younger than him. (He was 17 years old when he first met her) She called him Uncle even though the relationship between him and her (family) was faded away for long time.

I think this story is quite good, cause it made me cry. It gave me similar feels to 'Terminally Ill'.

Though I'm yet to read the full novel. I've just finished half of the First Volume.

Chloe = 12 years at the beginning of the story
    Kylos = 17 years old at the beginning of the story
    Raymond = A year younger than Kylos
    Empress = She is 3 years older than Raymond

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2021