LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read most his works before theres only like 1 or 2 he doesn't go the harem route? Either way it's pretty good! His writing has def leveled up throughout the years

jacobpaige likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The crowd gasped when they recognized them" Why would the crowd recognize a couple of foreign factory managers on sight?

That aside, if Pei Hao really wanted to pursue this still, he could always start a rumor that Li Luo had poisoned the artificers, blamed it on Pei Hao, and then healed them in order to secure their loyalty.

Always good to hear that an author is improving. So many stagnate and tell the same story repeatedly.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How would House Luolan even have ancestral elders? It was founded by Li Luo's parents who were foreigners. Or is this yet another ingrate that they took into their House only to be betrayed the moment they looked away?

That aside, why would Li Luo go there himself, much less tell all of his body guards to attack? Is he trying to get himself assassinated? Or does he not realize that he is his House's greatest weakness, and that killing him is by far the easiest way to break the wards?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Our actions don't violate the rules that the two House Lords set!" Is he really stupid enough to think that that would protect him? There's no way that Li Luo's mother wouldn't slaughter this guy. There's a small chance that the other elder could get away with his life, but this guy is actively participating in a plot to kill them and their family. He has literally no chance of survival if Li Luo's parents come back.

"The easy road is the way of the privileged." lol.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Because they couldn't beat her, damn it!" lol.

6. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda strange that they are sending students to Umbra Cave instead of experienced adults.
    Granted, they might indeed be less susceptible to corruption - but in that case, why are they sending teachers and mentors, who should be just as bad, if not worse than any hired help?

7. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figure that it is part Darwinian training and part complacency.

Exposing the students so they can build resistance, and also winnow out those who are susceptible to corruption, while they are young, has always managed to contain things until now. So their response to an increased dark tide, is to just throw more of the same at it.

Except ... that means sending in younger Resonance Master students to help when the King realm principle is being troubled.

8. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a little confused about the timeline: yuan zun (dragon prince yuan) takes place 50000 years before BTTH, WDQK, TGR and THL. What about absollute resonance? The story belong to the same universe ? I know that BTTH, WDQK, TGR and THL takes place in the great thousand world continent, what about absolute resonance?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C244: Why is the other team so arrogant about this? Their two star partners wouldn't have undergone the Stumbling Mind either. They're going to be slowed down too.

C249: Weren't the wounds poisonous? Isn't it a really bad idea not to treat them?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Out of the three, she was the weakest, still only at the Flowering Seed Tier." Why would Bai Mengmeng's starting cultivation matter? If that played a role, then none of them would have any hope of reaching the bottom when people with much higher cultivation than them are normally incapable of doing so.

11. Derk09

Derk09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is going to be harem no matter what I think. Jiang Qing'e will obviously end up with Li Luo, and I really doubt that Qing'er won't get together with MC with how even Qing'e is ok with a harem lmao.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what convoluted nonsense the author's going to come up with to allow Li Luo to get the killing blow and the majority of the credit for killing this beast that even duke level experts couldn't kill.

Also curious how many points it'll be worth.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if his enemies will get over their pride fast enough to buy any of those leaves off of him ;)

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not have the seal kill it instead of trapping it?

15. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the headmaster needs to sit his ass tight in front of a apocalyptic chunk of hatemeat so it doesn't buttfuck the whole country into oblivion so this seal is good enough.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if both of her squad mates will die on this mission, and how she'd go about getting new ones.
    When dealing with something so much weaker than himself, a seal that traps it might actually be harder to construct and maintain than one that would kill it.

17. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you that sealing + maintaining is harder than killing assuming you can kill it (and I see no reason why the headmaster couldn't kill it.) Assuming not crappy writing (and unlike most cultivation authors I'm willing to cut this author that much slack) my guess would be the headmaster doesn't want to kill it. He basically trapped it to the side to heal/purify/whatever needs to be done to put it back to normal when he has time in the future.

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I always like it when characters make responsible decisions, especially in genres where its exceedingly rare, like shounen and xianxia.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that squad of idiots will be coming back as sleeper agents.

20. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, this Other doesn't seem that subtle. I think they'll come back fully corrupted with the Other and on the attack.

jacobpaige likes this.