Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't marry Oscar in 3rd life but Emiliano. And she forgot about her first life since it was Oscar who reverted time so he was the only one who remembered the 1st life. Ines remembered 2nd and 3rd life because she reverted the time from that and Oscar continued to remember 2nd and 3rd as well. Emiliano only remembers 3rd life because he chose to remember it so he won't screw up her life again.

Oscar - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
    Ines - 2nd, 3rd
    Emiliano - 3rd

Their 4th life is the current life of the story. There's no need to remember when they're living it. If you meant 4th life remembering past life, they do remember their past life from the continuation of when they first started to remember. But not all their memories are the same. Ines doesn't remember everything. Emiliano remembers everything and Oscar remembers only some things as well.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Elisee, swoosh, MianneChan and 15 others like this.
  2. GG26

GG26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, In witch chapter Carcel will regain his memories from the first life? I’ve been reading this for ever and still nothing

3. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s getting a manhwa

6FA148E4-5C81-42B8-91C0-26C52F2A15A4.jpeg

4. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know the chapter since I read from volumes. It's around mid volume 4 when he started having some memories.

Don't know how to feel since usually the art doesn't meet up to my expectations. And it's my favorite novel so I would hope they get a good artist. Well it's in 2022. Thanks for the news.

Side story will release in December and novel for Luciano would be released in March 2022.

***​

Author-nim wrote a whatif(so-and-so cheats what would the other person do) on her blog.

So it was said that Carcel believes Ines had cheated when he found a letter and he was so upset and wanted to find out who the guys is and kill him. But he couldn't because he didn't want Ines to be upset so when he got home that day, he came home crying. The servants saw and left. Ines was so confused and tried to ask him what happened. He just took out the gun and told her to kill him because he can't live without his wife so he would rather die. Eventually he did told her that he heard she cheated with some other officer. Ines got mad since she's not the type to cheat given her perfectionist nature. In the end, they reconcile. Ines told him that if she cheated, he should've just killed the guy and tried to get her back. He didn't have to try to die himself. Carcel realized that he could do what he had originally wanted. Ines also told him that if he cheats on the other hand, she would kill him. Carcel said she could do whatever she wants.

So in the other what-if, it was very obvious that if Carcel accidentally cheated while drunk (since he would never take the chance to cheat himself), Ines would come to him with his grandfather's gun ready to kill him.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    assiralc_, Elisee, EliVesper and 34 others like this.
  5. joyfuldragon

joyfuldragon Stop re-reading, ur lists are piling up @ me

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally getting a manhwa next year?!?! OMG :aww:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't received any alert from the thread so I didn't saw that someone already posted, not until I hit send :facepalm:

6. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Side stories had came out last week in serial so it might be an actual long arc. Author-nim said she hasn't finished writing it and it was listed as "new novel" on ridi and getting released in serial.

Spoilers so far. Lots of fluff.

• The twins survived the 10 month period so Carcel had been planning for their trip to Ille Tasya. It was a place Carcel had kept mentioning to Ines in the main story (when he was at war he visited an island with green sea that reminded him of Ines) and author-nim had hinted that Carcel will be promoted on this trip and Ines will come to rule the frontier of this island.
    • Carcel had tested the ship's safety and cannons so it'll be safe for his wife and kids. Raul and Alondra on the other hand don't think it'll be safe for the kids but he said they survived the 10 month period so it should be fine. Carcel ended up inviting Alondra on the trip as well. Alondra tried to get Alfonso to go as well but he said he's too old and might get seasick. Also they can't just bring the whole staff on the trip with them.
    • Ines had gotten a letter from the emperor. He's trying to have one of the twins marry his future grandchild since Matteo's wife is currently pregnant. Ines had the letter burnt and tried not to worry Carcel with the details but he already knew and was against it as well.
    • Carcel had been faking his injury for almost a year now. He wanted to retire and kept requesting for his early retirement to the emperor but the emperor won't let him since he's using Carcel to please the people. Carcel pretended his arm is still in middle of recovery so he can stay with his wife and kids. They haven't gone to Mendoza for him to get his promotion yet.
    • Their parents had also been vacationing at Calztela, though no Olga. There was a cute scene where both sides of the family, except for Olga, had a gathering. Lionel wanted to take Ricardo for his heir since Luciano still hasn't married or have kids yet. (Though Luciano will marry in the next novel from the author since he's the ML in the novel releasing in March2022).
    • Both twins are a mix in appearance and attitudes of their parents. Ricardo loves dogs like his father so while Carcel was playing with the dog when Ines was reading the letter from the emperor, he was holding Ricardo. Ricardo is similar to Ines in the fact that he hates waking up early while Ivana wakes up early. There was a cute letter that Carcel sent to Ines when she went to visit Mendoza with the kids. He asked her if Ivana is keeping her up in the morning and told her he likes to watch Ricardo wake up since it's like Ines. Ivana also has a bad personality like Ines. (The epilogue showed her smacking Carcel when he was rubbing his nose on Ricardo's head, demanding her father to do the same to her). In side story she smacked Leonel, but being the overly doting grandfather he is, he didn't care. Ricardo is like Carcel in that when he wakes up, he keeps looking for Ivana. He cried one time because they had separated the twins when Ivana sneezed.
    • Carcel went to visit his mentor, Noreiga, and they were talking about the promotion. Carcel was originally supposed to be promoted to Admiral but he kept making excuses that he can't be higher than his mentor so the emperor suggested Rear Admiral and also had to promote Noreiga as well. At the end of the visit, Carcel gave him some gifts Ines had him sent over for her. He got jealous of the letter Ines wrote to Noreiga when he secretly read it. Noreiga commented how he could be jealous of an old man and Carcel said he even feels that way with kids so it doesn't matter. Ines is close with his mentor and was telling him she's going to Mendoza soon so she won't be able to see him.
    • The emperor still insecure as always so the empress was worried he's trying to get another son with other lovers of his to replace Matteo. The people love Matteo more than him so the emperor doesn't like that. Ines who went to Mendoza with the kids, had been visiting the empress and trying to reassure her that Matteo won't be easy to kick.
    • Carcel had been going crazy when his wife left with the kids to Mendoza and in the latest letter he sent her, he seemed desperate. It got cut off though. He asked her to write to him and complained that it seems his wife had abandoned him and forgot about him because of the kids. He regret sending them there together. (Korean commenters thinks he might be rushing to Mendoza since he misses her too much.)

Might spoil the rest when side story finishes.

7. Vardalyn

Vardalyn

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  8. juujuririi

juujuririi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you send a link of the author's blog? pleaseee

9. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author shared it on her bio in the raws

10. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yikes this story is giving me so much cringe for the first 20 chapters or so. I don't know if this will change in the future but the MC comments on how good looking the ML is in very breath she takes. Like what the hell???? I can't imagine someone thinking that all the time about a person let alone when you know the person is a reason for your impending doom. "Oh this guy will play me around and cause my death but oh I love his lashes and his gorgeous face and his hands and ....."

nihal eleonor likes this.
  11. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know it's fully spoiled in the first page... also are you reading the right story? The novel doesn't say anything about her loving his hands and lashes to the guy who caused her death. The first 20 chapters is ml caught cheating and he went to see fl and she said she doesn't care about him cause she never love him and then flashback to when they were little and in arrange marriage? Also fl committed the suicides herself?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to say but... you're in wrong forum? I mean I know this title is generic but there's a Korean title so hopefully you don't mistake it. FL in this novel committed suicide many times before so there is no "ML" who caused her death. The guy who caused her to commit the suicides isn't even ML. The ML in this novel is very sweet and caring so for you to say that would make people come in here and mistake the spoilers for what is my favorite novel. Hope you can find the spoilers you're looking for since this isn't it.

Upon looking at your history, it appears you only comment on works that have manhwa/manga but this novel doesn't have a manhwa yet so I feel you really are in the wrong forum.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  13. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ines chose Carcel because he was known as a playboy in 2nd life. The truth is he was never a playboy in any of the lifetimes from 1-3. They were only rumors because ladies like to show off and pretend they're slept with him, and Carcel isn't one to care about rumors so he left them alone. It was also possible Oscar had sent women to be with Carcel which he had rejected at first but then Oscar drugged him to sleep with other women.

The only reason he slept around in 4th timeline is because Ines brainwashed him to think he doesn't like her. The first time he did it with someone else was because he wasn't getting her attention. He never even slept around in Calztela so it was only during his short vacations in the capital. When he is in Calztela, he just work and go home, like a strict soldier regiment.

OK, you said that in spite of himself he slept with another girl in the 4th TIMELINE because Ines brainwashed him , I would like to know if this girl is a rather important character, she slept with ML, so she talk about it with others?? how ML react? he aware of what FL does? will this girl cause problems or want to cause problems?? so he slept with another girl because she wasnt getting attention of FL, how reat other this girl?

Elisee, Celebrianna, Fabulous and 6 others like this.
  14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I already spoiled the whole novel... If you had read that spoiler, you could've literally read the other spoilers. I'm not sure what detail you want when all 8 volumes are spoiled and his past sleeping around isn't even a problem. You can literally read that none of the women ever even showed up to cause problems. Your questions just seem more like nitpicking on his sleeping around when FL wanted him to. If it was even an issue I wouldn't even have read it because I hate reading novels where ML trashes the FL. I don't like reading "regret" tags or novels where FL and ML have frustrating relationship problems.

The only reason he was made a playboy by the author is for FL to choose him because she wanted to marry a playboy for an easy divorce. There was another duke's son she could've chose but he was a good guy in past timeline so she didn't want him. She didn't want to love anymore so she wanted to choose a playboy in order to divorce and live alone afterwards. Carcel was a "playboy" in past timeline because it was premeditated. The crown prince would drug him to make him sleep with women and he slept with women to keep rumors away from making FL look bad. Every time FL was rumored to be with another guy, the crown prince would rape her. ML didn't want to tie FL with him even though he loved her so he slept with other women to keep rumors away from tying him with FL, but crown prince knew his feelings anyway and still raped FL.

Elisee, swoosh, MianneChan and 11 others like this.
  15. CelesKnox

CelesKnox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like you were talking about another novel.

Did you perhaps mistake it with ‘I Will Break This Marriage/I’m Going to Break This Marriage Now’?

cause those two are different stories.

16. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    im wondering if the manhwa for this would be r19 or not cause of how many novels have turned al ages or r15, even the ones whos entire plot was like …smut.

since ive not yet read the novel (i have no time yet and im scared i wont be able to stop lmao) can someone let me know how much substance we will lose if the manhwa is (hopefully) atleast r15

aathiaa likes this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot would be lost because the author for this novel doesn't write random smut scenes. All their smut scenes, they talked, flirted and bickered in some way. This novel is mainly written with lots of narratives and streams of consciousness approach so every smut scene reveals a feeling of each character. She doesn't write useless smut scenes. If they're useless, she would just skip them and cut to next day, like their first night. An example would be when he wouldn't have actual sex with her and gave her "head". At that time he was scared of getting her pregnant because he thought she could die from it, so he didn't want to stick it in. And then later on it shows FL wanting more sex because she wants to get pregnant. There's also a beginning smut scene where FL and ML were talking about his "jealousy" and FL said that's impossible for him since then he would need some feelings of expectations and love. FL was feeling happy that there's no love and ML was feeling bitter over her words. There's also another smut scene when he came to visit Mendoza and was feeling insecure. He kept asking her if she likes him while they had sex. There are many more but basically saying the smut scenes aren't simple. They invoke feelings so if it's to be cut, it'll cut a lot of things about the characters and their conversations. I can say most other novels can pretty much cut the smut scenes since they're just having smut in them. Not in this novel.

If someone asks me, I honestly did not even want a manhwa adaptation for this novel just because of how it was written and the plot, I could see it garner a lot of hate in the beginning. Just from this forum alone, how many people had come in asking about him being a playboy when I've spoiled it right off the bat... I'm also translating the novel and there's just a bunch of beginning comments on people hating either of the main characters that it annoyed me to no end as I've also written a note beforehand to refrain from it as it's a slow plot. It's also from the hate I see from the author's other novel getting adapted. That novel also had a playboy ML and the manhwa adaptation just get so much hate. They didn't even give it a chance to see that there is honestly nothing to his playboy past. It's honestly even cleaner than Lucia because in Lucia, the other girl came and tried to plot against Lucia. I don't see as much haters going after Hugh though. Cannot express my annoyance. That is just a tip of the iceberg as I have many complaints on the artworks on ridi adaptations as well.

The English titles are really similar, but in Korean, for the other novel it's 이제 그만 파혼해 드릴게요. Hopefully future readers stumbling in will check the covers and Korean titles since they're very different.

@akera93 If you're referring to above novel, the spoiler forum is here

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  18. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    your reply just unlocked a new fear in me lmao

i actually enjoyed the author’s other novel that got a manhwa but unfortunately even mtl of it has stopped lmao so i can only count on a legal trans to come some time soon.

heres to hoping they keep the manhwa r19 (very low probability) BUT atleast r15 so we can atleast see them talk even if its just speech bubbles lol

as for the hate i think that just completely depends on how good the artist is and how hot theyll draw him otherwise ill have to put up with “hes cheating” again and again lol.
    also since the new trend is simply copy pasting the entire novelupdates spoilers into reviews before even 2 chapters come out, heres to hoping someone will clear up the playboy part lmao

as for the hate you mentioned i did see a review commenting on how fl dislikes the world and all i could think was if i s worded multiple times and still resurrected id probably light the entire earth on fire. shes still doing better than me lmfao

thanks for the translations btw youre doing great work

Shion Lee, TrinaAngel and NohrNeir like this.
  19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    The mtl was stopped because of so much hate towards it that the mtl group working on it didn't even want to continue, which is quite sad tbh because there isn't even much drama with ML's sleeping around and it's more focus on her family issue.

Also hope they would keep this novel adaption r19 but if not I hope they do keep narrative and speech bubbles with censored angling to keep those parts of the story.
    Not sure how people would put up with "he's cheating" again and again when the last time he tried to cheat was chapter 13 in the novel. It's a novel about their marriage so they marry within the middle of the first volume and that was the end of it. That goes to say people complained without even reading 5% of the whole novel and they drop fairly early on. I'm just hoping ridi actually provide a legit translation for the manhwa early on. It's a popular novel on ridi so they might.
    I saw this review and also questioned how the reviewer could say that. FL was raped and went through childhood abuse, as well as committed suicide twice before, and she's saying "I dislike the FL to despise so much people and life." Not sure how she would love life and people if she went through all that the FL went through...

20. Cleer134466

Cleer134466 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me, does anyone know where I can buy or see the novel in Spanish?