Spoiler Please Give Me the Pacifier

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How else will the manhwa romanticize baby abusers and killers? they have to minimize what is actually a horrifying and serious action until it has the gravity of slap on the wrist.

Honestly I have no idea how she can forgive them when even many readers won't, even though they didn't experience the abuse firsthand unlike her.

Maybe I'm being oversensitive because i keep thinking about the babies in my family so it's enraging me that someone would hurt or neglect a baby like that, they are literally so vulnerable and innocent that only an irredeemable monster would do what they did.

AleksHiki, wowza18, Herbie420 and 8 others like this.
  2. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because Hella herself was abused as a child which makes her tough and no longer that sensitive about it, and also because of her super upbeat positive personality. I mean, as the others have mentioned, we would expect such manwha to be sombre but somehow it is actually comedic and feels light because Hella is too funny as a person. If I'm the MC, the genre would have been a thriller with gore and violence as the warnings instead.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    darkcrystal and Dofu like this.
  3. Mainexxxxxxxx10

Mainexxxxxxxx10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah right? How they didn't know she's there but the MAIDS are assaign to her? If they didn't know then who assaign the maids to take care of the child? The butler?

She can forgive her because she's not the real Celina/selina. She pity the child because she experience the hardship too while living in the child's body but.. That's all. For her , its okay to face hardship to make herself stronger. She's not the one who died slowly through hunger and thirst anyways. She died on the spot as hera so probably she didn't know how the baby died painfully? Well , After all the reason why her diciple betrayed her is because she herself neglect him. Tho she's much better compared to that sh*tty family.

Mistiy likes this.
  4. Uchicha101

Uchicha101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the first chapter of the manhwa and I already hated that Melaine or Millan or whatever. How dare he killed the MC when she trained him. I hope that ungrateful bastard experience a horrible death. Imma camp here and wait for more spoilers.

wowza18 and tk_10 like this.
  5. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that she will forgive him as well since author really want us to show that FL is not the victim but all people around her. He killed her because FL didn't appreciate and give him much attention in the past. However, he was not a baby like FL when she was neglected and this reason is so petty.

6. BrokenLove

BrokenLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm for all the spoilers❤❤
    Hemm- is there any side stories? If there is, please please pleaseeeeeee any kind soul, share the side stories spoiler? I just feel the ending is a bit unsatisfying, so abruptly, idk

7. Flying hard

Flying hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The baby already died before MC incarnate. when I think about that, I cant forgive Crown family

8. ailiya98

ailiya98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the first chapter of side story, he just send a letter every month, and the last letter he said "no need to attend his funeral because he doesn't need to funeral." and I conclude he is getting weaker and soon he is going to pass.

I cried when I read that part. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Yes there is 3 chapter of side stories now

9. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao some of the translators websites call them the "Clown" family instead of Crown, seems sus but also accurate :p;)

10. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically only the child of the youngest brother or son of that family was also got killed(so whole family together is in heaven now) but no regrets one side grandpa basically showed his remorse for his death son but Don't have the heart to look at the only child his death son leaved behind great!
    Tbh this story leaves a very bad taste to me why all these abusers (grandpa, uncle and especially these maids and butler)left behind unpunished and moreover this uncle got everything we wants eg. He want to killed the baby she got killed successfully and now want mc to call him dad so he got it beside fl also easily thrown all the blames to the aristocrat's life style n society to cover up this shitty uncle's shitty character.
    Just a question where is the justice to that baby who lost its life and is the little brother's soul is in peace while watching how his daughter being treated by this family? A y uncle got such a perfect ending bonus remarried his ex wife again wow so perfect!( moral of the story as long as u r good looking n handsome even u r s shit as a character u r forgivable n u deserves good ending).
    Only that little boy fl's brother from the beginning is such an angel and that maid Vera too.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    xpeanut, AleksHiki, wowza18 and 8 others like this.
  11. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda disappointed by how she forgave the uncle and grandfather. I'm sorry but idgf that they had a character development. They still fucking killed the original baby. That will never be undone. And it's like the mc slowly forgot that which sucks. Imagine the baby in heaven seeing the mc being goodie with her murderers. I can't with the life of me understand how anyone would like the uncle and the grandfather. Just because of character development??? What about the baby??? She's still dead. Nothing will change that. In my opinion, this sucks. I had hope atleast the mc never forgave them. Sadly dropping this.
    Edit: I just realize this author is like one of "those" authors that I hate. Writing the same old same, family is shitty as fuck which kills the oG but oh no! Ofc the author writes the mc shitty too as she forgives the murderers. And their reasoning is "everyone has reasons" or "everyone is a victim" but that doesn't excuse them killing the OGbaby. Yet again, there was no justification for the OGbody just like every other shitty works. Sorry if anyone found this offensive but I despise this type of works. It never makes sense. It just makes the mc look shitty in my eyes. Just like that one manhwa where the mc becomes a chef or whatever, forgives the brothers and grandfather who didn't give a shit when the OGbody killed herself. Wow. The only story I like is (I forgot the title) but the MC's name is Penelope. I love how she didn't rlly forgive them and left to marry the only character that genuinely love her.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    xpeanut, AleksHiki, wowza18 and 11 others like this.
  12. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on summary spoilers given here, i feel like this was quite a good story. The characters felt fleshed, the uncle got his character development. The only thing that i feel like was too much was that white chained guy who cursed the biological father of Hella. Like why? But based on that I guess the author was on the mindset that parents and parent figures should be responsible till the end for the children. Like how Hella suffered cause of her bad "parenting"/"mentoring", but she made things right for her disciple. Based on the spoilers it wasn't mentioned how much the uncle and grandfather felt guilty for what they did to the original Selina, but maybe them taking care or Hella is kinda a way to atone. And Asmodeus being punished instead of the MC is his atonement towards his family. Although, i still feel like it was an overkill for him. He only buried his dead wife and dead kid alone. How would he know that the devil would take his time to resurrect the child? Which parents would decide to keep the dead body of their newborn for just in case the devil didn't cheat the mother?

13. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Atonement of og Selina by loving hella:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: nothing is a big joke than this I think u missed the point why this people especially trash uncle come to like Hella as a baby because she's an interesting toy and as the talent which matches with that shit's taste and this is clearly mentioned by fl this man only like the things that matches his standards, if it is not Hella but og baby uncle already planned to get rid off her soon someday yes he's a shit and shit will always be a shit even redemption is something not everyone deserves to have.

wowza18, Herbie420, Pearl1995 and 9 others like this.
  14. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true for the beginning, but afterwards, after the uncle started showing actual humanic emotions, he did have a conscience about neglecting the kid. And lets be honest. In most noble family stories with illegitimate children, even if neglected by family they still are taken care of for the nare minimum. How would the proud Crown family know that they have morons for maids who have decided on their own to ignore what they are paid for?

15. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fun blaming maids for what happened when the people supervising them were actually these uncle and grandpa. Not once did they asked for report or on how the baby is doing. When you hire people you are responsible to check if they are capable or not. Their indifferent behavior toward the baby made the maids not care at all. If MC didn't possess the baby and baby was pronounced dead then the uncle and grandpa wouldn't even give a single sh*t or even attend the funeral. I love seeing you guys making excuses for a family who killed a child because of their neglect. The baby was innocent but these adults still punished her for something she had no clue about. The so called maids were also forgiven after slight scolding.

16. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with whatever u said(except for when u said that illegitimate kids get treated like shit, that's true). Hella has literally no place to forgive the ogBaby's murderers. And I agree with what @darkcrystal said. She caught the uncle's interest. Like let's change the scenario. What IF, the baby miraculously survive. She would still be either forgotten or thrown out(like they originally planned for the fl, but fl was ofc not normal so they couldn't). Because she's nothing but a normal baby. Unlike the fl, she has powers,special(as in she's unique and doesn't behave like any other ordinary babies) and has a mind of an adult. This is the problem with this type of stories. There is no real justification for the ogBaby. Sure, the writing is great but I honestly hate how the author gave little to no care about the ogBaby but instead, pushes comedy to reader's faces. The story is lacking and I hate everyone (except for the uncle's son, he's a good boy.)

And p.s sorry for anyone who found this offensive. It's just my opinion.

17. Yrohvi

Yrohvi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Did she cry? Did she go to him? How did he die? Did he became dust or something? Why didn't he want a funeral???:blob_teary: Is there a side story for him other than that? Like if he didn't bury her and she lived or like they were in a father-daughter relationship? Or just a side story about him. Anything?:blob_teary:

18. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so done with stories in general that have MCs be put in the place of an abused child and have them magically change the family by being smart, witty and/or charming. I hate the implication that the abuse is (at least in part) the child's fault and that they could have prevented it by saying the right thing or acting the right way, when nothing could be further from the truth. In fact this is the kind of thing abusive people say to their victims when they try to justify their actions, because it just completely removes their responsibility in the situation.

I understand why this type of novel can be fun to read and why it can be addictive to fantasize about fixing a broken family etc. I just wish that authors were a bit more conscientious when tackling this kind of serious and sensitive topic.

19. Mafuyuki San

Mafuyuki San Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me why that mf who killed the MC on the first chapter killed her?? Like.. the audacity of killing someone who took u in and gave you everything you need for a great future!!! And goes acting like he regret and miss her!!
    DISGUSTING!!! TRASH!!! I FEEL LIKE PUKING THINKING OF HIS FACE!!!
    Biting the hand that fed you!
    Oh and... If that mf ever have a line saying " it's the only way.. " he can go and suck my d-

20. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally detest the adults in this story, even the aunt who came to take a child only several months after her brother has died knowing perfectly well about her family attitude.

But can anyone explain to me how the ogSelena has died? From what I’ve read so far in the novel and manhwa she was barely, but taken care of until the situation with the 2 weeks of starvation which happened when MC has already regressed. She has never been slapped/beaten or left hungry until then, the servants were doing their jobs somehow. So what has happened? Could it be that the child had prior health issues and wasn’t checked by a doctor? If I don’t mistake and mix novels it was mentioned that the carriage with her parents has turned over and this is how they have died, so was ogSelena also inside and had a physical trauma?

I don’t try to shift blame from the family and servants, because if it wasn’t for MC’s skills in magic and purification the ogSelena would have died anyways after the neglect MC has experienced later or even more likely because of her uncle. I’m just wondering if starvation in the manhwa wasn’t the first time actually happening, and if so how the hell is the butler doing his work managing the staff and how are they hiring such trash that can openly abuse a toddler.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022