Spoiler Please Give Me the Pacifier

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 7, 2020.

1. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely neglect, the child could be sick before that. That room seems empty, no proper cover/warmth and the OGBaby eat only 2 times a day. No supervision with low quality bedding the child might tried to move and got concussion from accidental fall tbh anything could happen without proper adult supervision.

Bad employer could also mean bad employee. Depending on how the master treat someone the servants will also display the same treatment. If the family attach a bit of importance towards OGbaby, altho the treatment is bare minimum such great neglect could be avoided.

I really pity the OGBaby, and I hope she will have at least someone to pray and mourn for her in that household.

That baby deserves better

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the story would have been way easier to swallow if there was no ogSelena at all and if Hella was the only soul that has ever occupied that body. With ogSelena dying because if neglect it’s just impossible to consider adults’ behaviour cute and funny as it was intended by the author.
    I also don’t see why so many people are crying about Hella’s biological father. The guy has killed and tortured so many innocent children, that he doesn’t have the right for a happy ending.

Kezi, AleksHiki, IsaacaHawke and 8 others like this.
  3. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um someone is not shitty for forgiving someone. In reality people are blamed if they don't forgive someone and blamed for it if they do. It's another tactic used by an abusive hierarchy to keep victims down. If we continue to unconsciously repeat those talking points the authors have no reason to change their usage of certain tropes. After all saying a victim is responsible in any way kinda implies that we'd like the authors to continue with their story settings which demonstrate how abusers have very little responsibility to change their ways.

4. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is, she literally has no place to "forgive" then as she isn't even the ogBaby. The baby is already dead. And when I said shitty, it's just an expression. I use curse words alot(trying to tone it down nowadays) so that didn't rlly mean anything. Anyways, the story still sucks IMO. No real justification and very lacking. But if u like this stuff, good for u.

wowza18, maenochka, akera93 and 4 others like this.
  5. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could only read few chapters because it was too much. But FL explains that the room has so bad ventilation that if she wasn't using purifying magic on herself she would have died. Other than that barely getting any food and poor hygiene was also an issue. FL said that she had to clean herself most of the time cause maids don't do it properly and she is surviving on one meal a day cause babies are lying down most of the time.

6. Kirarapot

Kirarapot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to know what happen to her disciple after he killed her?

Leilacus and jossy48 like this.
  7. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    He killed her based on misunderstandings and probably he was manipulated by someone who hated the MC.
    As the MC had a horrible master she thought that a good master is someone who just gives a roof, food, books to their disciples. So you could say she emotionally neglected the guy and wasn't really that much helpful. As the dragon said, MC always had a tendency to do stuff without telling anyone and be all secretive. So that also helped in the misunderstanding and neglect based on the POV of the guy.
    From what i gathered from the spoilers, he had some type of mental breakdown and began doing stupid, illegal, things. Seems he was manipulated by Amadeus to gather kids for experiments to bring back MC? Or just her power as some sort of memento?
    Later when MC met him, after she realizes that this tragedy between them happend cause she was a neglectful master and didn't know what her disciple actually required, she removed his memories and brought his body back in time to be a kid and made it so that he gets adopted to a loving family.

8. Kirarapot

Kirarapot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

9. Adriana z Lothienu

Adriana z Lothienu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thoughts about this family:
    I think that uncle cared about his position, pride and son(family) and sudennly he had to take care of niece who was born with mana. Her mum died probably, because of her (child born with mana). And her dad (his brother) maybe died protecting her.( before his death send letter- will, who should raise her if he died). Then her uncle shows her minimum care(gives her to maids who are supposed to take care of her- he does not care about maids, so he does not expecting them to not take care of her) - he does not like her, he thinks that she killed his brother ( whom he despised, was jeallyous of and loved) and her birth is not worthy of his family name. ( babies are not born with automatic love if they are not wanted) MC showes him her personality, intellect ability and that she does not care about his family title.- he became interested in her, and founds out that maids did not take care of her. I think his way of getting rid of her is letting her marry in some family. ( he uses harsh words. I do not think he would kill her without reason)
    I am sure that he would remember her because their birthdays are week apart if she died and he found out -i am sure he would at least fire everyone who was supposed to take care of his brother daughter and would think about her when he had his birthday with guild.( at least once a year).

But granpa is something else-he felt guild towards his dead son and he did not visit his granddaughter at least once a week(not even secrectly). This does not make sense. Why? Is he afraid of his son or what? He does not agree how his son threats granddaughter and does nothing.!. What the hell.!
    Even his grandson when he finds out about her goes to her.
    A can understand why uncle behaves the way he does I DO NOT AGREE WITH METODS AND INGNORING helpless baby. But granpa is useless. ( enentually i think he would be the first to found out she is dead. At some point i think he would go to her room on his own).

10. junmoxiao7

junmoxiao7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, why did her disciple kill her? What happened to him in the future? What will she do to him? Revenge or what?

11. LichtAnn

LichtAnn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did Melaine decide to kill Hella in her previous life?

12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, after reading the spoilers, my opinion is that MC received retribution, because she was neglected by the maids and family the same way she neglected her disciple.

It's not clear from the manhwa, but from the novel spoilers, Melain was a child when she picked him up. He yearned for her affection and ended up hating her and killed her, but deeply regretted it after she died.
    She's the reason he ended up this way and all he ever wanted was her love. Even so, before meeting the dragon, she wanted to kill Melain. Thankfully, she didn't manage to, and she only turned back his time after getting the artifact from the dragon and told her uncle to find a decent family for Melain. But IMO she should have taken him in herself(even as a servant or sth) and given him the proper care she didn't before, but she didn't take responsibility for him till the end.

At least the Crown family slowly changed their behavior towards her and even started spoiling her, yet she never made it up to Melain, she continued ignoring him until he snapped and then she wanted to kill him, not finding any fault in herself instead.

She was also cruel to the dragon, who considered her a friend and always tried to help her, but she wanted to kill the dragon to get the artifact. The dragon offered to pay the price for the artifact instead of her, which would take away years of her life.

from @Sara0jan
    S: "Hello, Melaine, I've never talked to you like this before, did I”

M: “... you didn’t.”

Melaine's voice slightly resented.

S: “I'm sorry”

Melaine's eyes trembled as they wide.

She could see them reddening as though he was going to cry.

MC started to talk about her master and how he abused her. Then, she said that she thought that a proper master had to teach properly, provide good food and resting place and to not hit the disciple.

She didn’t know that wasn’t enough and she caused him to feel lonely.

S: "I didn't know what it took for a child to grow up. Interest, love, and affection."

Melaine bit his lips as tears were falling from his eyes,

A wet voice came out as if he was thirsty.

M: “I wanted to be recognized by you”

“…”

M: “I wanted to be praised. ……."

“...”

One side of her heart was tingling as she watched the dripping tears.

MC wished she raised him better.

M: “I... huck... I wanted you to hold my hand and drink tea with me.”

S: “I’m sorry.”

M: "I wanted to tell you about happy things and sad things. I was scared when the Senate talked to me …… I wanted to talk to master.... huck.”

S: “I’m sorry.”

M: “I’m sorry.... I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't do well...…. Don't hate me.......... waaaah!!"

MC’s heart became heavy when she saw Melaine, who started crying like a child.

She grabbed the dagger and approached him.

S: “Let's go back to the beginning”

She smiled awkwardly at Melaine for the first time.

Melaine, who heard her, shook his head with tears and a messed up face.

S: "I can't say that i didn't have a sense of betrayal or resentment at the moment you killed me, but······ I don't hate you”

Melaine's eyes opened wide.

S: "You'll forget me, you'll forget this time, you'll lose your mana, you'll be a normal kid. We won't see each other again, but I hope you'll be happy."

M: “No, no, no, no, no, I don't want to. No, Master! It's my fault. I wasn’t not good enough!...”

MC stabbed Melaine and his body started getting younger until he was at the age before they met and he finally lost consciousness.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    izznis, AnniePoo, IsaacaHawke and 5 others like this.
  13. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading that scene again, I doupt MC didn't have just a bit of resentment and had deep inside her a feeling of retribution when the disciple lost his mana like what he did to her.
    But on the other hand, making sure he has no mana and returns to kid shape will help in hiding him from taking responsibility for kidnapping/buying and experimenting on kids, with most of them ending up dead.

Kirarapot and evanesco99211 like this.
  14. hika21

hika21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil about the uncle and the aunt? Why did they divorce.

15. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, she did the bare minimum to take responsibility. But too late. And imo, even then, she didn't take responsibility to the end

16. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a complete one
    22 chapters are currently translated

17. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    A nice way to NEVER read the manhwa. SORRY NOT SORRY.

wowza18 and Fostofina like this.
  18. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    She is not that bad to her student she just don’t know how to treat him since her master was awful to her she didn’t know how to express her feelings , she thought doing the important things to him is enough like food, materials and house .. anyway her student is the bad guy here I had read teachers worse than her ಠ_ಠ

Adriana z Lothienu likes this.
  19. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    Teachers in nowadays is one thing, in this case MC was the guy's guardian/mentor/parental figure (for parental figure i am not specifically talking about mother, but among the other words equivalent)

20. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's wasn't only his teacher, but his guardian. Is it a kid's fault for growing up wrong and not the fault of the person who raised him? Or more exactly was supposed to raise him.
    Especially when she didn't provide him with the proper emotional care and education.
    Just as the original Selena was abused by the maids because of her family's neglect, he was subjected to bad experiences as he mentioned with the Senator because of MC's neglect. As Selena's family said: "they provided her with a roof, food and maids and thought that was enough", she told him she thought it was enough to provide him with food, a roof and teaching him.