Dream Job

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by asriu, Jan 21, 2022.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    coronachan bring her new sister last year~ meet the omicron.... duh~ after ya bring the deltachan.... why? just why?
    meaning hikimori still a trend....

during this pandemic period make this cat think.... mostly useless stuff such as
    hmmm.png
    how long xxx to complete, which cat is more cute than another or why cat meow or what happen if cat thrown into space or why dragonfly can fly backward or cat is cute or.... anyway~ what was your dream job? like during your childhood or teen perhaps?

this cat... archeologists or historian.... sound bit boring but this cat enjoy read thorough old document see what happen on past~ another one programmer..... cuz this cat thought programmer = people who make videogame..... nyahaha
    dejected.png

ma.png it doesn't need to be fulfilled just wanna see how many among us who wanna be a dinosaur.....

shhot it been posted!
    gah!.png

2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to be a nurse for disabled people/chidren when I was a kid.
    Later I wanted to be an author.

asriu and Cutter Masterson like this.
  3. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to be something fun but ended up choosing something practical.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that requires me to sleep on the job. :hmm:

5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to be an astronaut until I was told how difficult and near-impossible it was.

Then, I wanted to be an astronomer until my dad explained that the pay is shit especially in the country I live in.

Then I decided to be a travel novelist. While I didn't study literature or language, I hope to become a novelist one day

asriu and Baldingere like this.
  6. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Does wanna become a wealthy couch potato is count as a dream job? I have always dreamed of becoming a potato that sits on a golden couch. :blobsalt:

But sadly, life isn't a dream, so I must work my *ss off to get monthly salaries. :blobdizzy:

7. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never had any dream job as a kid or teen.
    I am once again trying to think of a career to follow and it's hard because I have no direction.

8. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After my military advisor asked me what I wanted to do, I told him among other things, my childhood dream to pilot a jet and he immediately gave me all necessary documents and showed me a very cringe promotional video for jet pilots. You know those kinds, that try to be cool and appeal to young people.
    I told him, that I actually have other plans for my future and it doesn't have anything to do with the military, but he urged me to try the military career path and I wouldn't loose anything by going through all the tests first.
    I applied and even passed all tests, but after I fullfiled all requirements I backed out at the end :D
    Honestly, it was maybe the best decision of my life. All the other cons aside, the idea of a dream job in most cases is very different than reality.

9. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same.... atm just doing some accounting because it pays for the bills. Just kinda muddled my way here more or less. I think the questions are "what do you want to do", then "what are you good at?", both which we are supposed to explore in uni. OFC with the decay of QOL, we now should probably put "what keeps me alive" at the top. Another question you can ask is "what am I willing to give up" vs " what do I want to keep". I have three hobbies that I can NEET over and still not have enough hours in the day to fully enjoy, so my priorities looking into the future would be a job that doesn't require too much of my time. What I have atm is seasonal in that sense : a good portion of the year is stupidly busy, but most of the year is pretty free.

mir, asriu and Baldingere like this.
  10. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Astronaut, Assassin/Hit Man, and then Programmer due to going into college, now an Economist current major I'm going for.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    asriu likes this.
  11. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a kid I wanted to be an engineer in space. Aerospace Engineer. Sounded incredible.
    For a long time and even now I’m not to sure, but maybe when I retire. I’ll try something new. I’ve thought about being a blacksmith, author or a farmer.
    I’ve also thought about going back to school and getting a degree. I was thinking something along Nuclear Engineering. I think nuclear power gets such a bad rap. I would love to prove them wrong

asriu likes this.
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh~ that really remarkable one
    when dream meet reality nyahaha
    there exist that type of children this cat know back then, some dream to become bed maker~
    when this cat was kitten become astronaut, doctor, police was the top 3 on dream job~
    why not? some wanna become tree, big rock on ocean, dinosaur...
    it mean, too busy on serious type situation during that age~ everyone have it own situation~ being practical with no sense of direction during that age is quite normal~ even know if we conduct survey this cat bet many actually just copy paste other dream while lil to none of their own~ don't mind~ maybe if you have happy children they will dream to become dinosaur... gao~
    plenty of this cat childhood friends wanna become military member... mostly male cuz they think it look cool, some cuz they wanna protect the motherland~

anyway it about just see the dream nya~
    eh~ those serious type situation is different stuff altogether~ this thread on lighthearted side cuz current situation on global pandemic is stressful enuf~
    hit man? wut agent 24 the bald one? or was it Altair? they pretty cool~
    personally this cat think nuclear can solve our energy crisis~ on long way it also can help green energy stuff~ the main issue on nuclear power is safety be it working time or after product such as nuclear waste treatment~ tbh .... ah enuf of rant about nuclear stuff

this cat prefer a farmer for retirement, closer to home~

13. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was influenced by both, but more or less Assassin's Creed. But I was also affected by all the Sniper flash games I played at that time as well as Ultimate Assassin (And man was I good at that game, getting below par most of the time, it was a bit of RNG manipulation though). Part of me came to accept the coldness of death in the mental aspect and not to be greatly affected by it, but I can still grieve. It's just that.... you can't really exist with said profession unless you have training for it and have a connection with the criminal underworld. The stories in said games were romanticizations of basically doing someone else's dirty work. You are the borrowed knife as well as somewhat expendable.

Grey_Angel, Silver Snake and asriu like this.
  14. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh...
    First I wanted to be an astronaut but they said I need to learn physics (I hate it a lot)
    Then I decided to become an archaeologist. Then an author. Then I wanted to be a Ceo. Then I wanted to be an astronomer.
    Then I realised all required hardwork. I was better off sleeping on my comfy bed..

So they are gonna hand out career forms in few months and I still don't know what to do.

15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve actually been looking into doing accounting for the same reason, especially taxes. I took two classes in basic accounting before and am doing a free online bookkeeping course to maybe try for that at least. I’ve done seasonal jobs in the past and like the idea of free time without being locked into only a certain amount of vacation per year like a full time job. It’s not something I ‘want to do’ but it might be good for short/medium term (not whole life).

Thank you for the question to keep in mind. The ‘what are you willing to give up’ vs ‘what do I want to keep’ might be very helpful. I’ll think on it.

Oops, sorry, it’s right, too much seriousness around. I put in a spoiler at the least and won’t continue it. And that’s probably right. I used to copy paste dream because adults don’t accept no answer.

Haha, I think if they dream to be dinosaur it would be cute. Thinking of it, maybe I dreamed a little of being cat. I copied my cat a lot because curiosity when was small. Learned meow, sun bathe, play by running around crazy with crazy running around cat, naps and four limb walk but that one uncomfortable.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  16. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Dream job is assassin but I won’t mind work as security guard at airport and wait for people I hate to come and give them hardcore screening before letting them on plane muhahah

Alexcia and asriu like this.
  17. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget to share the company name so i can try my best to get in too

Mine is simple, i wanted to be an accountant despite not knowing what exactly does accountant do. Then i wanted to be a secretary! And realized there isn't any specific major to it then i wanted to be an author but i dropped what i was writing after 10mn of getting to it. Then i want to be nothing but a rich housewife now:blobtriumph:

asriu and otaku31 like this.
  18. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted a job where I can work from home. Thanks to Corona-chan and my dad, that's exactly what I am doing right now.

Fictionaddiction and asriu like this.
  19. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna work in literature agency, I can read novels manuscripts first hand. Getting paid by reading novels :aww:

asriu likes this.
  20. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    at first I wanted to have something fun as a job, but then it started to become not so fun after it becomes a job. in conclusion, I don't want any job

Fictionaddiction and asriu like this.