Spoiler How to Hide the Emperor’s Child/ 황제의 아이를 숨기는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Jan 12, 2021.

1. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    it is! but can you truly promise that you can fully forgive someone who left you to fend for yourself and later even forced you to marry them instead of asking for their opinion? even ml knows that what he has done cannot be forgiven for a very long time. and as someone who knows a family like this personally (granted there was no apology involved lol), the consequences are everlasting.
    the author also shows that old wounds maybe closed but sometimes they still hurt. This is a novel that can only be appreciated if you believe in forgiveness and development but not blind faith.

apologies can be made throughout your life and forgiveness can be given every time but a bitter taste will always remain no matter how faded it may be.

thats the conclusion i came at after reading, anyway lol.

the only reason i have no problem with the male lead is because of how real his character is. he made stupid decisions, thought he will have no regrets but he does and he will regret it forever. that is alot more than people can ever do even in real life. besides i love how fl's thoughts regarding theor and ml were and how understandable and real they were.
    its easy to say that fl should have found another guy who wouldve loved her and theor as much but life isnt all that easy and since author took a hyper-realistic route, i get why there is no 2nd lead at all.

not much of a reaction honestly because fl never went out or anything so we didnt get to see what everyone else was thinking
    the most we saw was the nobles wondering why fl would hide that she had the emperor's only heir and also why she refused his proposal.

other reactions were from the dumb marquis lady and girls who decided that touching a prince was a good idea

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  2. Johnwill12

Johnwill12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct you are regarding the ML’s decisions regarding the FL, but what’s done is done he can’t change what he did back then however much he may want to. We also need to understand that the ML grew up surrounded by people who were always conspiring against him, and trying to use him for their own ends. It’s not exactly easy being Emperor when there are nobles who don’t care about what’s good for the Empire, only themselves. Yes he should’ve given the FL the benefit of the doubt, but hindsight is always 20-20 isn’t that true? At least he makes an effort to do right by her and Theor, her brother and grandfather have to give him credit for that at least. Besides how can the FL not love the ML if she didn’t find it in her to forgive him later on? If there’s going to be bitter after taste, then what about the love and happiness that comes later on, doesn’t that count for something as well?

3. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    yes of course it does! thats what i love about this novel! equal parts regret, love and happiness. :blobmelt:

cjburaira, Eraien and Jeenajin like this.
  4. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For people who hate these types of stories I recommend "Duchess in the attic" and "Remarried Empress".

Corunee likes this.
  5. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    guys i just realised, what if astelle's mom didnt miscarry but gave birth and thats actually serbel? like it was very vague but serbel says, "she probably doesnt know what happened between her mother and the count."

a tutor is generally a very good plot device for a 2nd ml right even if its just hints but author doesnt even HINT at it. makes me wonder if serbel is her half brother all along but count didnt want to sully her mother's reputation so he officially "adopted" him

i should go study :cry::cry::cry:

6. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of curiosity is it mentioned what their daughter will look like?

7. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    astelle's hair and kaiden's eyes, thats all

8. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's Raymond and Ellie?

Jeenajin likes this.
  9. Jeenajin

Jeenajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cjburaira and Vallerie_unknown like this.
  10. Vallerie_unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this has become a manhwa, right? I wanted to read it before, but I was afraid it would be too painful. But seeing you compare it to this novel, then I think I can still forgive Raymond. I can even still enjoy 'The Abandoned Empress'.

mrs.apache and Jeenajin like this.
  11. Manhwa fan

Manhwa fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt that the poisoning incident really made the emperor suffer I think for me that is his punishment for the things trashy things he did to FL.

Jeenajin likes this.
  12. Reinblick123

Reinblick123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooo I Mean yes the stoyline of Abandoned Empress is likable but if we are comparing the male leads Kaizen and Ruve. Kaizen is far better compare to Ruve in so many ways (well this is my opinion anyways)
    Kaizen, yes he hurts FL like being indifferent to her when they are engage but still its pale in comparison to how Ruve hurts TIA, who actively insults TIA and even force himself on her

cjburaira and Vallerie_unknown like this.
  13. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, after reading several pages of people trashing the ML, I feel the need to give a more even handed assessment. Seriously, don’t read the rest of this if your not willing to consider a different opinion. It’s just that I feel like I’m always seeing people on the forum who immediately jump to “teh ML is trash” seemingly so they can show off how much smarter they are than the average reader for recognizing this “fact”. Some MLs really suck, but plenty of others get trashed on for the grave crime of just not immediately falling down and worshiping the ground the MC walks on, despite that defying any logic. Like on here, the given reason for all this hatred is just because the ML wasn’t interested in her previously when she was into him but instead falls for her when circumstances change.
    So, onto my dissertation.

So, I’ve long since kinda turned away from stories where the ML is the king or emperor, because I just can’t turn my brain off and ignore all the political ramifications that come with it.
    In this case we’re told straight up that the ML’s kingdom is a mess. His grandfather was only concerned with expanding the borders and raising the kingdom’s might, while his father was a complete puppet for the corrupt nobles. No one’s been taking care of the practical matters or concerns of the common people for like 40+ years, and it shows. The MC has been genuinely working his but off to straighten everything out, and the ones responsible are largely the MC’s dad and his faction. The MC’s father originally arranged to make her the crown princess consort and future empress to consolidate his power. The ML couldn’t go against it then because as the crown prince he’s still under the king’s authority. Even when they were kids the MCs father was leveraging her position to wield way more power than he should have. In the current day he’s still managing to be a major pain that is difficult to get rid of. How much worse would it be if the ML and MC were still married? Even on the MC’s end, she’s less worried about what the ML will do to her kid and more worried about what her dad will do once he’s aware of this excellent chess piece. So from an unemotional practical standpoint, there’s no way the ML could have a queen by his side who was the dear daughter of his greatest political obstacle.

This seems to be where a lot of the hate comes from. We know she was always in love with him, so ‘how could he crush her heart like that?’
    Thing is, they weren’t married because she loved him, they were married for her father’s political advantage. And yes, she acted caring to him, but so do plenty of other women in the story who are acting on their fathers’ orders. He had no reason to think this wasn’t an act she was putting on, and plenty of reason to believe it was what with how unbearably smug her father acted and her own doll-like behavior. I genuinely think that comment about her ‘not loving him anyway’ was sincere on his part. He wasn’t trying to be cruel, he was just asking her to drop the act for once since that’s what he thought it was.

Seriously, people are acting like the ML tormented the MC. All you can accuse him of doing while they were betrothed is just being cool towards her. She suffered from some schemes growing up, but that was other people’s actions trying to clear the way for their own daughters to take her place. When he divorced her he had every expectation that she would just go back to being a noblewoman from a rich and powerful house. When her dad threw her out instead the ML did try to find her to provide some help, but he was also dealing with uprisings and rebellions. Cause he’s a king. It would be outright negligent of him to focus on a single woman when the kingdom’s about to fall apart around him. Later when he needs to seek her out about the will he genuinely surprised to see the MC’s circumstances. And then it’s not like he abducts or threatens her. He goes right for bribery and completely abides by her wishes in return for what really is very little work on her end. At no time in any of this does he ever act cruel to her like people keep implying.

As mentioned before, there was all this political stuff that had the ML putting up all the walls previously when they were just betrothed. Her father regularly coming by to push his buttons didn’t help things. Now things are different. Her dad and her are completely split and haven’t had contact in years. Moreover she is clearly stating her intentions to not get wrapped back up in politics. Hence her behavior is more believable rather than likely being a ploy to gain power for her family. Just that is enough for the ML to be less guarded around her. Moreover, he does feel some guilt over their divorce putting her in a bad position, so he’s spending more time with her. Also, previously their interactions had been in stiff formal settings, while now circumstances are forcing them together far more casually. Just the situation and their relative positions are completely different that what they were before. He couldn’t fall in love with the duke’s daughter who was placed beside him to keep him leashed. He did fall in love with the strong woman who used her cleverness and steadiness to take care of herself, her grandad, and her nephew.

14. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These felt more like an opinion rather than actual spoilers.
    He is similar to Wishtash guy from I don't love you anymore but no one would be defending him cause he is pure trash just like this one. But whatever he is ML so make excuses. Everyone is ready to see his sad childhood. No one want to see her suffering cause author also skipped 6 years she was alone. Imagine getting education and it getting wasted. She was also ex empress who was divorced a day later. Anyone can understand how horrible that position is in any kind of society. But yes only his sadness matters cause how dare they make him have an arranged marriage. Like FL was the one who forced herself on him. FL should still have trauma on how she was kicked out because of that divorce but author just cured and fixed everything with love.
    Stop calling it realistic when things aren't that way at all. Realistically, he would have taken an empress or at least concubine already. Even as emperor he alone could not stop that decision cause having an heir was important than breathing in that era. That's how history was not emperors staying single for 6 years and then marrying ex wives.

15. Vallerie_unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly

16. Mandassi_

Mandassi_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but FL spent her teenage years learning to be an empress until she had a nosebleed, and after their first night she got divorced, isn't that the same as disrespecting FL's hard work??

Ruta yifla, Enmea and Jeenajin like this.
  17. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re right on those not being spoilers, I just use the spoiler tags to organize stuff.

I never said anything about the ML’s sad childhood. I’m just saying that from a political standpoint he would not have been able to take control of the court as effectively as he did with his main political opponent also being his father-in-law.
    The ridicule and and loss of status was an unfortunate side effect of their divorce, but he didn’t divorce her to screw her over. Being married to her just came with too many problems.
    MC being cast out and having to struggle to survive can largely be blamed on her dad and fate. ML took precautions, so her being pregnant came out of left field. The rest is her dad being a dick. ML never expected her dad would fully just throw her out. While the 6 years were hard, the ML doesn’t get sole responsibility for her circumstances.

Now, 6 years with no queen is somewhat unlikely, but not too much with the level of political upheaval in the kingdom. The north fully rebelled and he was dealing with that for a few years, and he (or more likely his aid) seem to have been pulling a soft Elizabeth I, dangling the possibility of marriage in front of people to get their political cooperation without actually committing. And marrying the divorcee is something that did occasionally happen historically, and is even more likely as she’s the mother of his newly discovered heir. These stories aren’t perfectly realistic and I don’t expect them to I'm just saying that when the ML is a king or emperor I can’t help recognizing that politics are a thing and a major concern.

Again, ML didn’t really wrong the MC. It’s not reasonable to hate on the ML just because she was infatuated with him when he couldn’t feel the same way with all the baggage that came along with her. Circumstances beyond their control (her dad) placed them in conflict and he never directly harmed her. Her dad is the one that threw her out on the streets. At that point the ML wanted to provide some aid and did try to help, but she found out she was pregnant and deep6’d before anyone could hand over the money. Then he was dealing with his hot mess of a kingdom and she slipped his mind. THAT you can blame him for. But the rest of her suffering is directly on her dad and just bad luck.

I am perfectly willing to blame the ML when they directly and intentionally harm the MC, or when they do things with the intent of screwing her over. Ditto in situations when they are unnecessarily callous about how their actions are harming her. But when circumstances just so happen to put them at odds and there is no malicious intent? Less so.

TLDR: the ML didn’t divorce his devoted and once loved wife or anything. He divorced his political opponent’s daughter. We know she was actually in love with him because of reader omniscience, he didn’t have any reason to think she wasn’t just following her father’s orders. And her being destitute for 6 years is because her dad is a dick and threw her out, not as a direct result of their divorce.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  18. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    ???????? where is this trauma coming from?
    never does the fl say she has trauma OR exhibit signs of trauma, trauma is a heavy word, please dont use it carelessly.
    having trauma is completely different from having a past you would rather not go through again.

Also, realistically speaking; emperor is 26 with no other competitors and has the duke completely powerless. he does NOT need to go around having children. also, realistic part comes more through emotions and thoughts than the world setting considering by your logic, this is a fantasy world so that itself is not realistic lol

tldr: fl does not have trauma. she has bad memories and thats it. trauma doesnt appear out of nowhere and you dont live life easily if you have trauma. say - she did have trauma about getting divorced, what would have happened?
    when the emperor had come to her she would have thoughts about leaving, she wouldve felt anxiety and what not. she did not. all she thought about was her kid and his eyes.
    tell me where the symptoms are for trauma?

also - i am begging you guys to stop saying, “cured with love” because this is one of the best fls ever and youd know if you read even 30 chaps of the novel that she gives 2 fcks about the ml TILL the end.

edit 2 - there is NO sad childhood except his mom’s death. it shows that you didnt even bother reading spoilers correctly. in fact, the six year she lived alone do come up in the novel as well as side stories with one solely reminiscing the past when they go to her old home.

19. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wdym, didn't he 'abduct' her from her shabby storehouse for his grandmother will whatever, he already open the will, so he didn't actually need her presence, he just do it for the sake of pretense, keeping up his appearance, and after she fulfilled her 'duty' and want to go back, didn't he imprisoned her in the castle something and threatened her using her grandfather? I think I dropped it around that chapter, just like he is not obligated to love her during their marriage, she also not obligated to accept him now that he suddenly wants her, but he don't respect her will at all, that's the reason I don't like the ML, it's always about what's matter to him (either his throne or his feelings), he divorced her for political reason, do not blame him then, but now that he is in love with her, he didn't think very wisely, politically speaking there is no advantage for him to keep her by his side, without her family she is no different than a commoner, worse even cause her father is the rebel, no matter how stable and powerful his country might be to put such woman as an Empress would be 'unrealistic' (unless he is in tyrant mode) and suicidal (in historical K-dramas, it's always HE, but historically speaking an Empress without family power would 'die young', no matter how she was loved by the Emperor), and I found that contradictive. Correct me if I'm wrong, I read novel with similar story (and title) so sometimes I got it all mixed up.

Ruta yifla, Enmea, Furiae19 and 2 others like this.
  20. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    he didnt abduct, he literally just went to meet her. he asked her to come to the capital to open the will and she set her own conditions.
    he confined her in the mansion, yes but he didnt use grandfather to threaten her because they had already left and were knocked unconscious by her dad lol
    after that when he realised it he kept away from her totally, only meeting theor and giving greetings, trying to stay out of her comfort space as much as possible. he promised to give her any land she wants and even the entire east so after 5 years she can go and live there and have freedom while theor will remain as his heir and he will never remarry.
    he also accepts that he can never expect her to return his feelings or even hope for it after how hatefully he behaved.

it is not unrealistic since she has he one and only heir. the emperor already got rid of the rebels and continues to manipulate people who get too greedy. he doesnt leave anyone with more power than HE thinks is necessary. and she cannot just die out of nowhere if the emperor literally spends all his time breathing next to her since that can cause him being poisoned too. Also there is literally no one else in there except emperor and empress so who can pull the strings enough to make someone put their life on the line and poison her?

historically speaking, emperors never had just one wife/concubine either.

Fanccyyy, Eraien and Sorabito like this.