Spoiler Dry drowning (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Creolenerd, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-12-25_3-6-43.png
    NU link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dry-drowning/

Ian, who was a hitman, finishes his last mission and drives the knife across his neck.

[I’ve never seen the place where I woke up after I stopped breathing.]
    Somewhere with strange people and endless dark forest.
    One could occasionally hear crying at dawn.

As soon as he realized that he was in someone else’s body named ‘Ian’, the high gates were opened, and he met the owner of the mansion, who had blue blood on him; the color of the serpent.

“I’ve been worried a lot since you got back covered in blood.
    It’s good to see you breathing fine.”

His hair disheveled and as dark as the night. Tall, dark skinned with slender eyes, the aura around him felt slightly dominant.

[Ah, he’s the man I had already killed.]

Ian realizes the moment he looks at his face,

He can’t think of his name or the reason why I killed him.
    The man had a suspicious attitude….

Any spoilers? I am loving the MC! It is a BL

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have anything?

4. mikeisawesome

mikeisawesome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most probably the tl-ors may know, 'cause there aren't that many people in the comunity that read bl

5. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link

I've been reading it but the pace is so slow

6. mikeisawesome

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you on their dc? There may be spoilers there

7. Somebody that I used to know

Somebody that I used to know Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! I am the translator of Dry Drowning. Sorry for the late updates but it is because of a REALLY important exam. I will try to update faster after my exams.:blobpensive:

So, long ago I read some chapters from like Chapter 90 to Chapter 100 briefly because I was curious :blobspy: and got to know some things (and gave them as spoilers in our Discord server too). All of these might not be completely accurate as I didn't read all the chapters. But here's some infos I got, not something I expected (it's amazing :blobpopcorn:)

Dry Drowning spoilers!!!!

When the Duke, Logan was younger, he used to have insomnia. But the small time he used to sleep, he used to see a dream and in that dream he used hear a man's voice. That was Ian. So the thing is that, somehow, Duke Logan connected with the Logan of the parallel world and in that world Ian was with Logan. But after the Logan of that world died, the Duke Logan couldn't connect with that parallel world, that means he couldn't see that man in his dreams again. All he remembered was Ian's voice and Ian's name, he couldn't remember Ian's face. So after Ian of that world died, he came to the world where Logan was a Duke. But the Duke Logan couldn't recognise Ian, because Ian was not able to speak, so Logan couldn't hear his voice and so couldn't recognise. Logan erased Ian's memories to know who he is and that's why Ian couldn't remember anything clearly. (I don't know why Logan did it tho...)

There are some things that I am not sure about or haven't read anything about it but I am assuming. Here are some of my assumptions and opinions about Ian's past life.

Ian and Logan must have been in a romantic relationship in their past life. As we all know by now, Ian was a Hitman in his previous life. So I am assuming here's how they met. Logan was probably in some high post, and Ian was ordered to kill Logan, but some things might have happened and instead of killing Logan, Ian fell in love, they both fell in love with each other. But due to some circumstances, Ian was obliged to kill Logan and as he loved Logan, he couldn't take it and killed himself and got into the world where Logan is a Duke and his memories got erased. The reason of my assumptions is the dream Ian once had and because Ian said once that he didn't know why he killed himself even though he was eager to stay alive and did his best to live. A person who has so much eager to live can only want to kill himself if he did something wrong to the person he loves the most. And that is why I think, the man Ian killed in Chapter 1 is the Logan of the modern world (where Logan is not a Duke)

I gave some spoilers up there! :blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  8. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link

Omg thank you!!! Ive been enjoying the TLs but i can tell the novel is a slow burn romance!

9. mikeisawesome

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much and good luck with ur exams ❤❤❤

10. Somebody that I used to know

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome.:blobmelt:

And yeah, it is a slow burn!!:sweating_profusely:

Thank you so much:justabotheart:

Creolenerd likes this.
  11. Somebody that I used to know

Reading List:
    Link
    There is another thing that I forgot to say:blobReach:

Duke Logan started pursuing Ian even more, like started talking sweetly with Ian and doing lovey dovey stuffs, sleeping with Ian while hugging him(just sleeping, nothing else:blobamused:)when he remembered his face/got to know that Ian is that Ian only, whom he used to see in his dreams, but Ian was still clueless as his memories still weren't back. So Ian started thinking that it was really weird for Logan to suddenly become so affectionate and used to push him away when Logan started sticking to him. :blobrofl: I found it so funny. Poor Logan..:blobxd:

Creolenerd, eyjhay, luanara and 2 others like this.
  12. cciel04

cciel04 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    since i love this story so much i'll write a short summaries and spoilers about the 150 chapters i've read so far !-eng is hard for me so please understand- this also contain spoilers and some really important stuff so read when you are ready i also suggest reading the story on ridibooks , there is easy payment methods for overseas readers and if you use chrome it automatically translate , the author way of writing is beautiful and even with auto-translate it's easy to understand and read , it's free if you wait one day per chapter and you can get 3 coupons as a gift to use them and read more chapters !

Ian was a hitman in his past life and was assigned to kill logan , idk what was logan past life job but he was famous and rich and it was known that he killed every assassin that went to spy on him , so Ian was only watching him from afar for a month , sometimes walking past him on the streets ,( logan knew that Ion was spying on him but did nothing ) , then one day Ion was in his office if i remember well , and heard Logan coming so he hide in a closet , logan entered the room and went straight to the closet , where he found Ion with a gun pointed to him , he did nothing to Ian and let him be , from that day Ion started visiting Logan and eating food made for him , at first he did not understand why Logan was kind to him , and since he was in a mission he couldn't not come to his office either way his brother and father will get suspicious , Logan continued treating Ion with care and let him do whatever he wanted to , despite ion confusion he felt happy ? since logan was the first one who did not judge him for his usefulness , did not exploit and wanted Ian just for being himself and not someone useful to him unlike people he meet before , so their office date continued for months and Logan would cook for him , invite him to stay over sometimes bring flowers which ian did too , so they basically loved each others but i guess they did not date since Logan wanted Ian to take his time and not rush him . It wasn't told how or why , but Ion killed Logan at the end , since i think his family knew and urged him , knowing Ion mental health he was terrified of his father , so that is why he did what he did at the end , and i guess Logan let Ian kill him and did not fight back knowing well Ion is going for the kill , which made Ian more hopeless , since he has nothing to live for anymore , he realized his mistakes and regret the only way he could atone for his sins was by killing himself .

Ian killed himself with an acrylic spatula in a studio , that studio was Logan studio where he used to paint .

When ian woke up as ian the prince , he first saw logan in the hallway and remembered all his past memories , and why he died ,and how someone he killed is in front of him because of trauma his memories of Logan were blurry and he remembered little by little later, he was confused but Logan his lover and the duke were completely different people , but still ian sacrificed himself not once not twice and did everything logan wanted with no complaints .

so Ian was sent to the expedition with claude and kyle , Fred and the knights , the expedition is basically , they go the dark forest where there is monsters called derivatives , they kill people and they are contagious ,so horse or rabbits could get contaminated and transform into derivatives and it's the knights mission to kill them , then there is ''it' , they don't have a name , since Logan saif if you gave them one you basically believe in them more and they will be more powerful , and it's something they can't define , it's a black mass with big red eyes and they eat humans leaving nothing ,and no one can kill them expect Logan , so when they encounter them ,the knights start hurting their hands and dropping blood on the floor and blow trumpet and Logan would arrive in 1 or 2 minutes , since those things fear logan so if he is nearby they hide and they can't kill them , so they call logan by trumpet and the smell of blood strangely we still don't know why , those things can't eat Ion , as shown in the first expedition and while fighting them ian lost his leg , but Logan used his powers and healed him , logan can heal anything as long as it's breathing ,that when the tragedy begin .

Projecting the image of his old lover , Ian did anything Logan told him to , since he couldn't let him die this life , Ion went to the expedition alone for 7 times , with only a dagger , if he encounter them , he stab them in the eye and logan would appear immediately , ian lost his arm on the first one , the his fingers on the second , his gut spilled on the third and his arm was cut on the fourth , everytime ian went he came back with a trail of blood in the duke arm , Ian started suffering from ptsd starting from the 3ed expedition , despide fixing his fingers or leg ian would get panic attacks and harm himself or get nightmares , despite all that Logan couldn't understand why he is in pain despite having no injuries , so he started erasing his memories about the expedition , until the 7th one when ion completely broke down , despite having no injuries his body remember the pain and trauma was so bad he would get panic attacks everywhere , he don't eat , getting skinny and skinny , then he remembered everything and when Logan wanted to erase his memories he couldn't , Ian was refusing his powers , logan who was by ian bedside in a dark room for a whole week without leaving , came out on the 8th day , ian was completely broken beyond repair , he wanted to immediately take him to roselia his sister the emperor unlike him who have the power of destruction she can heal , but she wasn't in the capital so they couldn't take ian , the next day ian woke up , completely fine , but he would vomit his food and abnormal actions , sometimes he couldn't use his fingers despite having no injuries , sometimes fall down the stairs with a limping leg despite being completely healthy , logan would beg him everyday to erase his memories but ian would refuse everyday , with fear in his eyes as he did not want to forget Logan in front of him , with no resentment which Logan did not understand why ian would go to such length , but at the end ian couldn't take it anymore and allowed logan to finally erase his memories .

" can i really forget?"

"yes"

when Logan erased ian memories he erased everything starting the 2nd expedition and everything related to him in ian memories including his past life , that when he finally understand , since to erase memories you need to see them and chose what to erase , he saw all ian past life and their memories , that when he finally knew who ian was and why he loved him and never complained
    also since Logan of his past life who loved Ian for being himself and did not force him to do anyhting , Ian would ask logan in the past when they are going to the expedition since he scared this logan would throw him if he isn't useful to him anymore , and everytime ian ask Logan expression would turn dark and shadowed with guilt . and tell ian to do nothing and just be by his side it would be fine . .
    also Logan said that Ian was his first love , ofc he did not confess to him and he ready to leave everything behind and kill everyone if it's what needed to be with Ian .since he wanted to make new memories with ian and wanted to make him fall in love with him once again

also since Ian have his voice, he talk really informally and with a blunt tone even disrespectful it's funny whenever he talk , specially with kyle .

when logan was younger and inherited the power of the black snake , he wasn't able to sleep for months , but suddenly he would fall asleep for weeks , and dream of his past life or i would call it parallel universe of his life with ian when he found him in the closed and all their life together but he wasn't able to see his face and only hear his voice , that is why he couldn't recognise ian at first since he couldn't talk , when Logan healed Ian vocal cords and he was able to wake up after 2 weeks and talk , Logan was sure that this is the Ian who he loved and saved him back then and now . filled with regrets and an Ian who remembered nothing about both logans was skeptical about his Logan sweet behavior , overly protective , how he would count how many spoon he eat and how he would wake up to him face every morning , be he did not remember anything , time passed and Logan who couldn't stop ian who felt uneasy about the missing parts in his memories to search for them , Logan who stopped the expedition for ever for ian , since the expedition was a promise to the emperor he couldn't break it or else it's a traison , Ian started searching for his memories , asked Logan to go to the expedition once again to find his memories with a look of pure horror logan asked him to ask for anything else but going , but ian was stubborn and Logan knew he couldn't do anything to stop him despite Ian who asked him to erase them for him , ian was bound to search for them sooner or later .

ian was send to the expedition with kiss on the forehead ,( did i also note that they kissed early in the morning while in bed , ion did not kiss back and just closed hims eyes , it wasn't a kiss kiss their lips just brushed as Logan got so close to his face ). Ian with Clause and kyle and the commander and fellow knight , also everyone behavior towards ian was so sweet and protective they wouldn't let him do anything and bring snacks and stuff , ian the crack head though they were bullying him again , by letting him do nothing , when he confronted them , everyone panicked how can he go with such a misunderstanding , despite explaining , ian still did not understand , also did i say that logan prepared a gun for ian , i still did not ian use it yet since we still in the expedition , i'll update if anything major happened again .

also this life logan painted a lot of portraits of ian without a face in a closed room , where ian found but did not recognize himself since it was too dark to see

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  13. webnovelinfo

webnovelinfo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...! Still, I don't feel really bad for Lan. Even if he was scared of his family, killing the person u love is just sick and regret doesn't matter at that point.

14. Creolenerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you so much!!!

cciel04 likes this.