Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only natural for one such as I.

My words are matched by my wealth ;)

No, that's an obsession. Get help.

No, he's not.

Funny thing about time-travel, the future becomes your past and the past becomes your present. The only way TL1 Ruve and TL2 Ruve could be considered the same person is if Ruve time-traveled too.

He didn't, only Tia and Jieun did.

And even Jieun understood that they were different people lol

They're different people.

TL1 Ruve literally dies alone in some field after Jieun gets a second chance at life. If they were the same person, they would have both magically died at the same time.

They don't.

Because they're not the same person.

Please learn how Time-travel works. Maybe then you'll realize why so many people hate it.

Not what I said bro.

Unlike you, I just understand the butterfly effect.

TL2 Ruve never did anything wrong and by trying to combine the two you're only showing the problem with this fandom. No one here understands time-travel.

But you're cool with obsessed stalkers who feel entitled to have you?

Alrighty then...

Kinda like you lol

Jokes aside, actually analyze the issues with time-travel. It's this stories main flaw.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    Jenny43627121 and AliceShiki like this.
  2. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Ofc u think it's obsession, bc u like jerks like Ruve. He certainly did threw Jieun away after realizing she was useless. No wonder she blacken to shit with time travel still the same person backed with science. I guess he likes Tia more now since she's useful. Maybe cuz nowadays the trend in China is devoted MLs so after seeing Korean leads like Ruve it just puts me the wrong way. Not even gonna start again with what I said at the last paragraph. As a Gemini I hate repeating, this conversation is just going around and around

Taruna, Arye, Turbostop and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, you dont need to explain urself further from a mentally unsound person. From their line of thinking, they sound like a abuse apologist.

Taruna, Arye and Turbostop like this.
  4. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I "think" it's an obsession because the way you describe it literally screams obsessed.

Like seriously? Loving someone for (Average life expectancy is around 72 years. Bring in 10 lifetimes of that and you get 720 years or...) approximately 262,974 days is called an obsession. Guy never thought about confessing? It would be one thing if this was a loving couple whose love spanned 10 life-times, but the way you describe it sounds like some hopeless guy reincarnating and loving the same person for 8,640 months! Poor protagonist can't seem to catch a break from this guy and live their life lol

That's not romantic, that level of "commitment" is horrifying. SiFeng sounds like a creep.

But yes, this conversation is just going around in circles because you're missing the point.

Honestly, this story's main issue is the time-travel gimmick and the illusion of choice. We were never going to not end up with Ruve as the main lead. The author literally set it up that way, what with the King basically pretending she didn't have to marry his son.

(Personally, I'm indifferent to the blue one, and prefer the red one because the green one is a creep but I digress)

No shit they're physically the same person. Hell, Tia basically killed her past self by going back in time and highjacking her body but let's ignore the fact that, by your logic, she's a murderer. Timeline 1 Ruve and Timeline 2 Ruve are different people, their experiences made them that way. You can't ask Timeline 2 Ruve to apologize for everything he's done because, fact is, he never did it.

It all happened in an alternate timeline. An alternate timeline only Tia and Jieun experienced.

Also, that's not how science works bud.

No, he likes Tia because his experience with her wasn't the same as his douchebag counterpart's.

If you're going to question someone's mental state, you should at least learn how to spell.

An abuse apologist would have forgiven and justified Timeline 1 Ruve, an actual abuser who abused Tia and took pleasure from it.

Timeline 2 Ruve never abused her. How can I be an abuse apologist if no abuse took place?

To be frank, I think you two are morons.

Please don't respond to me if you're just going to repeat yourselves.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  5. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, ur the mentally retarded person here, keep on justifying your internalized romantization of abusive relationship. All your gibberish literally have no essence.

6. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Now pay close attention my boy!

The correct way to say it would be: Nope, you're the only moron here. Keep justifying your internalized romanticization of abusive relationships. At the end of the day your gibberish has no essence.

This is why I think you're a moron btw. If you're going to question someone's intelligence, at least proofread your comments.

And learn how time-travel works please, you're embarrassing yourself. It's not an abusive relationship if there's no abuse.

I tossed you a bone and will not be replying to your bait again. I hope you'll prove my opinion of you wrong and give me an actual response next time.

7. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why you're mentally retarded. all you say is nonsense, excrement of humanity.

Taruna and Turbostop like this.
  8. Emile

Emile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that TL1 Ruve is 'dead' and TL2 Ruve is not culpable, it doesn't follow that FL shouldn't be able to refuse her engagement, that FL HAS to get over it, that she never experienced the trauma or that her experience is invalid, that she is in the wrong or that her suffering is invalid. It sounds like a complete non-sequitur and you haven't managed to make a convincing case for that.

Taruna and Arye like this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of reasons to why women in medi-fantasy settings can't refuse their engagements...
    Well, it's either that, or suffering for life due to her trauma. I'm glad the author preferred to find a way to let her get over it.
    She did experience the trauma indeed, but that trauma isn't relatable by anyone else in the world as it didn't happen as far as the other people in her world know.
    It is not invalid, it is just irrelevant for the rest of the people in her world.
    She is in the wrong for blaming Timeline 2 Ruve for the pain caused by Timeline 1 Ruve.

She is not in the wrong for resenting Timeline 1 Ruve.
    Her suffering isn't invalid, it's just irrelevant for the people in her world, since she never went through the suffering as far as they know.
    Well, you're trying to put a lot of words in Nuzlocke's mouth, so it can't be helped that the argument doesn't hold water when you portray it that way.

Nuzlocke likes this.
  10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Not what I meant.

Hmm... How to explain it.

Tia's suffering is valid to HER, and to US as the readers, but to the world she lives in... it never happened. Hence why, from a writing standpoint, she has to get over it. I mean, she literally has no other choice all things considered. This is one of the many flaws that come with time-travel.

and incase you forgot, pretty sure Tia and Ruve's engagement was political. The king wasn't just going to let her refuse XD

(Tho, I guess her dad DID have that "get out of jail free card")

Well, besides Jieun and "god"

This.

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Emile

Emile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, you've made some good points, but while I think that's exactly why you can't hold 2nd timeline people responsible for first timeline actions, that doesn't mean you necessarily have to forgive them.

The reason people usually change for the better in a 2nd timeline is because the FL actively did something to make them change. They didn't undergo some kind of character growth where they realize they were doing something wrong, the FL has to be the the one to fix them and prevent them from becoming bad/doing bad things. If she hadn't intervened they would have done the exact same thing they did the first time around.

Because she did intervene they may be a different person now, but that doesn't make all her past trauma and experiences disappear. The only reason she was able to prevent them from repeating those actions is because of that past trauma.

They shouldn't be punished for things they didn't do and now have no intention of doing, but the FL knows that given different circumstances they can and would do those things, and she has every right to not want to be involved with someone like that.

Taruna, Arye, Turbostop and 3 others like this.
  12. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the clothes here were really amazing , and I wish I saw Ca-forgot redhead best boy's nameedit I remember now Carsein's girl drawn

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  13. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    There's nothing to forgive. The first timeline got what was coming to it lol

I fail to understand the point you're trying to make.

If she hadn't intervened, and stayed out of things as best she could then no. Things wouldn't have happened the same way either.

She would have still caused a significant enough ripple effect the change the end game. Would it be for the better, or the worse? Nobody knows. We can make a guess tho, but it all really comes down to Ruve's dad being horrible at parenting and Ruve needing someone to help him develop critical thinking skills XD

No, the only reason she was able to prevent them from repeating those actions is because she called her father papa. That's literally what started the butterfly effect lol

Yeah, so?

What about the timeline where Hitler cures cancer?

As a wise man once said, don't think about it.

I blame the setting. In an ideal world, she would have been able to avoid getting involved with Ruve in TL2. Could they be aquatinted? Kind of a must considering their positions, but at least she wouldn't be forced to marry the guy. She could have lived out her life, avoided the green one at all costs, and watched that duke's schemes fail because Ruve would probably be wary of the guy with a hate boner for a child he's only met in passing.

But alas...

14. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    I understood her point, you didn't because you don't have critical thinking skills. How pathetic.

Taruna likes this.
  15. Emile

Emile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you sound like you already have your mind firmly made up and isn't really interested in being persuaded by anything I or anyone else has to say, so an extended debate with you would be a waste of time and effort ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll agree you clearly didn't understand the point I'm trying to make. The point is they didn't change into a better person because they realized they were doing something wrong, they changed because the FL changed, and whether intentionally or unintentionally set off a chain of events that set them down a different path in this timeline.

The abuser doesn't have to work at changing, all the effort is left on the shoulders of the victim to set things up so they won't be abusive this time around. Whether that's on purpose or accidental is irrelevant, the point is they didn't have to realize their actions were wrong or intentionally change their ways.

Re: "What if Hitler cured cancer?"
    You still know Hitler was fully capable under different circumstances of being Hitler, and you're fully within your rights not to want to be associated with him even if he's super nice this time around. He may not be committing genocide this time around, but you know that if he'd been given the opportunity, he would have.

Also, none of this matters. Absolutely none of it. Nobody is required to love anyone. You don't owe them love. If you meet a dude and he looks exactly like your abusive ex, it doesn't matter that he's super nice and he's in no way related to him, you're completely within your rights to not want to date him or be friends with him.

He shouldn't be punished for something he didn't do, but you're not required to like him just because he likes you and he didn't do anything bad to you. People feel uncomfortable around others for all sorts of reasons and it's fine to say "sorry, it's not anything you did but I find being around you triggering so this won't work."

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes, you're not required to love anyone... But when you're in a political engagement and are forced to marry someone, it sure is better to try loving them, since you'll have to spend your entire lives together whether you like it or not.

Modern day notions make less sense in a medi-fantasy setting.

Nuzlocke likes this.
  17. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really interested in debating facts no.

Fact of the matter is, there's nothing to forgive. She's not forgiving the Ruve who did her dirty, he dead.

Hence why I said I don't understand your point.

Clearly.

I see your point now and no, it's still invalid.

Because they hadn't crossed that moral event horizon yet. They changed because the FL "stepped on a butterfly in the past" and caused a ripple effect. It's called the butterfly effect. She didn't go out of their way to make sure they didn't become like their "past" self, it was just a side-effect of her actions.

Um no.

That logic would work, if it wasn't for the time-travel.

The time-travel basically gave us, as readers, a Ruve that isn't an abuser.

(Right after showing us Ruve as an abuser)

Ruve didn't have to realize his actions were wrong because he never committed those actions, TL1 Ruve did. He never had to change because he never went down the wrong path, TL1 Ruve did. TL1 Ruve dies learning nothing and acting like the victim (if I understand it right) and didn't even matter in the end XD

I can understand your frustrations.

Pretty easy to feel cheated.

Yeah, I do still know that if things had gone different Hitler was totally capable of starting a World War and killing billions.

Just like I know that, if given the right circumstances, you'd be capable of doing the same.

Am I in the right for wanting to see you punished for things you never did?

You see the point I'm trying to make?

You're right.

Pity that, in political marriages, love isn't a requirement.

You're right. You're not required to like him.

Pity the setting basically gives Tia, and us as readers, the illusion of choice.

Because, again, it was mostly a political marriage.

Don't worry tho, in a modern setting you're totally in the right.

This story doesn't take place in the 21st century tho. It takes place in a magical medieval century where kings could work an entire peasant village to death for a dress and no one would bat an eye. The majority of people had no rights and Tia, as a high ranking noble and an educated woman, would naturally be set up with the cream of the crop.

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't have any choice in the political marriage? Lmao
    She became a knight and if the oath would have taken place, that political marriage would become null and void if ruve would have not rejected her oath in his self righteous indignation.
    Let's not also forget her father's 'get out of jail' free card he could use on Tia. It seems you became demented to forget such a simple thing.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Taruna likes this.
  19. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What exactly are you still trying to point aside from pointing out second ruve is a different person?
    If you're going to question someone's comment, you should at least learn how to use grammar.
    By your logic, why would tia differenciate 1st Ruve and 2nd Ruve? She doesn't know our modern philosophy since she also never received any mental help. She only managed to differenciate the two since her POV is written by a modern day author.

You people clearly like it, however you are really biased by refusing to see the genuine reasons why people may dislike or hate it. Why do you think AE has abysmal ratings here in novelupdates? ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  20. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just responding, incase it wasn't obvious enough.

and you really should take your own advice if you're going to highlight someone's grammar lol

Tia isn't a dumbass. She was told she was being given a second chance, and anyone with functioning braincells would be able to tell that TL1 Ruve isn't the same as the literal child version right in front of her.

You people clearly like it, however you are really biased by refusing to see the genuine reasons why people don't despise TL2 Ruve. Why do you think AE got published?

Yeah, it's published. novelupdates isn't the end all be all. Clearly, enough people enjoyed the story for it to be published. This is just another example of the loudest members of the community also being the minority. ;)

You can hate TL2 Ruve all you want, but don't make up things trying to justify it. Your preference is enough.

AliceShiki likes this.