Recommendations danmei novels similar to “The Obsessive Shou Moves On” or vengeful mc who takes revenge on ml

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by earlydiaries, Feb 24, 2022.

1. earlydiaries

earlydiaries Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    specifications: mc has been wronged by ml and takes revenge. ml needs to receive retribution, whether by karma or mc putting him in the same humiliating or wronging situations he faced before. wronging here means ml probably gave mc the cold shoulder or didn’t treat him right, etc. not physical abuse, manipulation, sexual abuse, rape, or anything that hurts mc that way. it’s okay if the mc and ml still end up together as long as the ml has thoroughly had a taste of his own medicine before getting back together with the mc. must be at NU (idk how to mtl without suffering).

no: ml wronging mc by abuse (& other conditions mentioned above), rape victim becomes lover, stockholm syndrome, pedophilia (shota mc, minor mc in a relationship with adult ml or vice versa, guardian relationship), siblings not related by blood & incest (nonblood related sibling relationships & dating your stepcousin are still incest)

my search for vengeful danmei novels hasn’t ended haha. it seems it’s very rare to find a danmei novel where the wronged-by-ml mc doesn’t end up with the ml who wronged him. perhaps, it’s the toxic culture of the bl world (which requires a nuanced discussion so i won’t unload all that here lmaoo) or there’s just such a small audience for this specific troupe that writers don’t find the need to provide for it. however, i’m one such audience and i’m very persistent. i need a danmei novel where the mc vents and makes the ml suffer the same way he did. the venting can be extreme, i don’t really mind. i also don’t need a necessarily pure or healthy reading, but the mc should not be wronged in the end. the obsessive shou moves on executed that so perfectly. there should be a few more novels like it, right? fingers crossed wuwuwu if you want to know what the obsessive shou moves on is like, check out my review on it to get a vibe on it!

example of the complete opposite of what i’m looking for: Gaze at the Scenes of Debauchery

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  2. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a tough one. I have read the obsessive shou.
    Did you read How to Survive as a Villain? MC1 captured MC2 when his country invades MC2's country. MC2 later escapes and becomes great conqueror and then takes revenge by conquering MC1's country. No rape.

I also like Didn't Love You Enough. It's fluffy and there's no abuse... But there's an age gap. The emperor regrets taking his lover for granted and vows to be better in the Next Life.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Baldingere likes this.
  3. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently recommended this novel on a different thread, but I think it fits your requirements.
    让一让,你挡了我的黄泉路 by 清酒一刀.
    It's about two shous who could both be the protagonists in their own dog blood novel, but end up supporting each other. They end up giving the scum gong a green hat.
    (Short story/Entertainment)

4. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    i’m currently reading how to survive as a villain! it’s such a ride haha but oof didn’t love you enough doesn’t seem like my cup of tea. thank you for the reccs though! and, please, don’t worry!! it’s nothing to be sorry about! i’m glad you even responded. ^^

oh i like the sound of this! giving a scum gong a green hat is always funny and satisfying. may i know the pinyin of this or what it’s called on NU, please?

DojaDoge likes this.
  5. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that novel!
    Anyways, this is indeed a tough one. I recommend going to search/series finder.
    1. Select yaoi (and maybe romance)
    2. In the tags section, include "second chance"
    3. In the tag section EXCLUDE the following: abusive character; Stockholm Syndrome; rape; rape victim becomes lover, etc.
    4. Hit search
    Hopefully you can find something.

earlydiaries likes this.
  6. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    right! me too. i was about to slap the author for always having them in the middle of a misunderstanding haha. thank you! i did try that also with revenge. alas, so few results and i’ve already read those that fit my conditions :cry:

7. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should have mentioned this earlier, but this webnovel is untranslated.
    I didn't read your post closely enough, sorry.

8. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's a huge bummer. It's easier to find in BG novels.
    Any luck in manhua/manhwa (if that's your thing)? I always see stuff about boy1 loves boy2. Boy2 is "straight" or just wants something casual. Boy1 moves on, then Boy2 regrets it and crawls through glass to get him back, blah, blah, blah.... (Found them under the "unrequited love" tag)

I really loved Obsessive Shou. I mean, that emperor *suffered*! Never seen any where the guy literally suffered like that physically. Must have more! (Yeah, I'm a sadist.)

9. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    ah that’s true, there are bl manhua & manhwas like that. but i’m not really looking for the second chance works. i’m looking for the revenge works and an angry mc haha, not the romance. like in the obsessive shou, the ml wasn’t necessarily set up to be given a second chance. the story was focused on mc’s revenge and ml only got a chance because the mc changed his mind. that’s why i felt it was much more accurate to search for reccs similar to the obsessive shou rather than second chance stories. ml being given a chance is just too common for me already. i want to see more of mc letting ml suffer and probably leave him rather than a story where it’s a given that ml will still be able to get back together with him, because that erases the point of mc’s revenge. although i’m alright with the mc and ml getting back together, i don’t want that to be the point of the story, y’know? to me, that’s already lost its shine because i’ve already read too many lighthearted works under the romance tag.

but yea the obsessive shou was an excellent revenge story and a terrible romance story, and that’s exactly what i need. just purely mc being able to vent or find justice for himself. i was astonished by how the author really made him suffer. it was satisfying so i’m trying so hard to find similar works :blobsneeze:

10. Xianluomeimei

Xianluomeimei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianluomeimei likes this.
  12. earlydiaries

Reading List:
    Link
    bumping this!! :blobpopcorn:

i’ve seriously and repeatedly sifted through the series finder with various tags and i’ve read those that fit my conditions. as of now, i’m still looking for more to read and adding them to a recc list!

i might keep bumping this while also still doing my own research haha also if anything, i think as long as it fits one or two of my conditions and doesn’t go under my no-no’s/don’t’s then please do recommend whatever you have in mind!

13. Xianluomeimei

Xianluomeimei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link