LCD I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Gin_Hindew, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one’s making it into a big deal or “literally shaking rn” kinda melodrama lol. Just disappointment and frustration that this isn’t the first time this has happened with a novel you follow for months if not years only for the author to not like the fact you’re reading the free version in a language you can understand. *shrugs*

anon likes this.
  2. Dalbert-03

Dalbert-03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if is true that Japanese law about copyright are pretty strict, fair use doesn't apply here, translating the whole thing isn't fair use at all and some chapters were behind a paywall, so you can't even say it was 100% free. People were profiting from his work, even if it was in the name of donations.

3. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    So who do we blame here? The Author of the novel? This novel sharing-site? The people who translate the novel? The Japanese who are strict with their law? Call the Cancel-Millenials here i'll bring the popcorn...

Looking forward to novel's vol 10 btw

U clearly didn't know that this novel has a discord....

anon likes this.
  4. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    No I did not

In that case literally none of what manga or novel translators do is legal and therefore shouldn’t occur. Someone gives their free time to translate a novel to make it readable for people who are unable to pay (such as myself) and some who have the means want to reimburse them for it. I see no problem with that. Especially when the official translation is for different source material and tends to be overpriced as well as super slow. But if you think it’s so bad, then don’t read translations, simple as that.

5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should we blame the government or blame society? Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada.

Shadowhawkstar likes this.
  6. Dalbert-03

Dalbert-03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But that's the thing, it isn't legal. Every fan translation is illegal. You're trying to justify piracy. Also I'm not criticizing donations in general, but specifically the model of putting chapters behind a paywall, that is totally a per profit business.

7. Exitrus

Exitrus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan translation is not really illegal. As long as they only translate web novels and not light novels. Web novels are free even in Japan. Translating light novel isn't even exactly illegal as long as it's not licensed by english publisher yet

8. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder on what vol the novel ends?

9. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren’t you also justifying piracy by being on this site? You can’t have your cake and eat it too, ie condemning the action and also participating in it.

Canada is a problem ey?

anon likes this.
  10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is piracy the same way downloading an entire video game is piracy because this encourages sales by working as advertisement. I bought the Kumo LNs because someone was translating the WN just like I bought some Hataraku LNs because the anime was funny.

11. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    How about let's leave the argument about piracy or whatnot right here....

No one's gonna come on top, no one's gonna be right and nothing will come out about this..

I'm sure with enough popularity we're gonna see the ending of this novel, one way or another

anon likes this.
  12. TheF00rgotenMel0n

TheF00rgotenMel0n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Nah, i just love the guy. He makes good books , just sad that its not in english. As an avid fan of eastern books learning japanese is a far to high of a hurdle. Also the web novel is free in japanese, dont see why it cant be free in english too.

I know they get a sort of royalty in their home page depending on the views but, i for sure hell know that they are not expecting a single cent out anything thats not in japan , since they live in japan and cater to the "Japanese" . Its like saying " I work for an American company in korea and i expect to be payed in dollars like an american instead of won like a normal korean,."?????? It just doesn't work that way or make any sense.

Its a web novel, not a light novel, not a manga, not an anime. Its technically free in japan untill he sells his right to a company for a light novel or manga adaption. Which by the way you can read for free using soyus in the original language, the author can just remove or delete it from soyus after an adaption, but they rarely do. And its for a big obvious reason why they choose to leave it alone instead. (If you cant figure it out, stop being a keyboard hero and educate yourself.
    *record stops* *music stops* "I put a foot above your kneeling head with a #1 title above MY head* THATS RIGHT I JUST DISSED YOU, YOU CHILD MUHAHAHAHAH)

In this reagard i appreciate the chinese cultivation novel writer's a lot more. Just look at death blade and Mars ( i belive its Mars, its just been a long time since i read issth) when he found out that he was popular in the west he was very happy.For the fact that he wasnt expecting for his novel to be super popular outside of china.

Death blade even met him, and i remember that some anon was kind enough to translate the over seas fanbase reacting to novel updates.

There was a funny bit where they questioned why we loved atg and coiling dragon( especially since they considerd the latter to be crap) hahahaha.It was amusing to them, there was one more novel where they joked that the only reason they read it in particular was for the p*rn and nothing else"

Anyways books are always the least popular medium and most people could care less about them. The only ones who do are english teachers,stems, and wierdos like us.

Well at the end of it all, im sad and salty that i have to MTL a good novel. I still love the guy and wish him all the best, also i hold a tiny hope in my heart that next time he wont be a prick and let me read some of his works for free until he gets a good western release.

13. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was licensed?
    OH NOES!!!
    Meanwhile the translator:
    IM THE ILLEGAL TRANSLATOR OF AN INTERNATIONAL NOVEL!!!

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.
  14. tfate

tfate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some people talking like its illegal to translate a free web novel into english. lol no web novel versions that was released for free is not under any copyright. There are authors out there that are delighted that there web novel is being translated into english thus gaining more fans. What I found strange is that the Translators suddenly giving a shit about what the authors thinks since they translated the web novel without permission from the very beginning

15. Kevin Park

Kevin Park Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you're saying can't be farther from the truth. Copyright is applied automatically to an original work regardless of whether it's free or not, unless the creator has made it public domain. The author has said explicitly that they don't want their work translated; arguing with them is like fighting a losing battle.

16. LoneNomad

LoneNomad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's gonna take forever isn't it?

anon likes this.
  17. sierra117

sierra117 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are already pass volume 2, and probably near volume 3 by this point, so around 6-7 more volumes to go

LoneNomad likes this.
  18. Marvin

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to worry, with the novel's popularity someone will make a way....

anon likes this.
  19. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    hopefully so.

20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some translators are willing to ignore a C&D. Most aren't. I wouldn't bet on it, at least not in the near future.