Recommendations Wholesome novel/webtoon

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 1ia, Mar 31, 2022.

1. 1ia

1ia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading the webtoon for "The S-Classes That I Raised" and I was looking for other series similar to this - wholesome family dynamic + growing strength/power. It doesn't need to follow the characters as they grow up or be isekai/reincarnation/time travel

Thank you!

RiboseSugar likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Cute Beast is pretty wholesome...as long as you ignore the bitchy toxic ex's.

1ia likes this.
  3. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super secret is pretty wholesome. There's also Newman.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    TXHY and 1ia like this.
  4. Malgnad

Malgnad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The webtoon "Marry Me!" is unbelievably wholesome. Doesn't have any power, fantasy, or fighting. Just family building.

1ia likes this.
  5. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if they'll suit your taste but here is some wholesome novels/manhwa/manga that I've read:

Trash of the Count's Family - The MC's family, team, and allies are getting along very well. They support and trust each other. The plot is simple but it's very engaging to the point that someone like me who's fickle ended up reading up to the latest chapter (and still waiting lol). One of my favorites novels, highly recommended.

Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint
    - Companionship and teams. The plot's great and there's character development. One of my favorites novels, highly recommended.

Eleceed by Son Jeho
    [Webtoon | Comedy, Action, Shounen, Supernatural | Eleceed is one of my favorite manhwas! The plot's not that heavy and the art's pretty too! I love chonky Kayden and cinnamon Jiwoo! Well, I actually love every character in this manhwa. I highly recommend this one if you're looking for something to read that doesn't require you to rack your brain too much.]

Futari Ashita mo Sorenari ni by Suzuyuki [Manga |Romance, Seinen, Comedy, Office Workers, Slice of Life | This manga is very refreshing and cute! A story about a couple who started living together. Reading this is a slap to my single existence.]

The Wolf That Picked Something Up by Ma wei Ma wei [Manhwa |Comedy, Slice of Life | If you're into childcare, this is for you. This is my comfort manhwa because it's so pure and cute.]

Gakuen Babysitters by Tokeino Hari [Manga | Comedy, Drama, School Life, Slice of Life| Not BL. Did I mention that I like cute kids? This manga's so cute and sweet that I'm having a heart attack and diabetes.]

Metamorphosis (Skeleton Dad) by mago [Webtoon | Fantasy, Comedy, Slice of Life|Not BL. I told you I'm a sucker for cute kids. I read this for Nabi, the cute baby who was thought to be a cat by the demons, but I stayed for Skelly because they're too damn hot.]

Humor Me by Marvin [Webtoon | Drama, Comedy | I love Charlie, the main character because her personality is just so damn good. Also, his genius little brother is witty. I love this webtoon, seriously.

Who Made Me a Princess by Plutos [Manhwa| Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Isekai, Reincarnation| This one is pretty famous and I can guarantee that it is worth its popularity. Probably one of the best shoujo romance (manhwa) out there]

Witch Hat Atelier by Shirahama Kamome [Manga|Seinen, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural|This manga is award-winning. That's how good it is. The art's extremely outstanding and the story is fascinating. This is a gem!]

Nanohana Boys by Pyon (ppyong) [Manhwa| Psychological, Slice of Life|Not BL. This is about two boys and their beautiful friendship.]

If you like Boy's Love or Girl's Love, here are some wholesome ones:

Ring by Dong Ye [Manhua |Yaoi, Smut, Comedy, Slice of Life | Light-hearted and cute! I like cute things so yeah.]

AoAo Waiting to Be Eaten (Caught!!) by 四汪文化 药药 [Manhua | Fantasy, Shounen Ai, School Life, Comedy, Slice of Life | SO CUTE THAT MY HEART MELTS. THE ART IS VERY CUTE, I SWEAR.]

Amongst Us by Shilin [Webtoon |Slice of Life, Girl's Love | This is so good, seriously. The art's stunning and the main characters were smoking hot.]

19 Days by Old Xian [Manhua | Shounen-ai, Comedy, Drama, School Life, Slice of Life | This is a famous manhua in the BL world and if you're not familiar with it, I'm urging you to read this because why not? This is goddamn good.]

SQ: Begin W/ Your Name! by Tanjiu [Manhua | Comedy, Slice of Life, School Life, Shoujou-ai | This is the female counterpart of the manhua above. I'm gay for Sun Jing.]

Salt Friend by 京见 [Manhua | Shounen-ai, Slice of Life, School Life | This is so cute and light-hearted.]

1ia likes this.
  6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    1ia likes this.
  7. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably should have led with this one...
    Bring the love.
    The FL and ML are both the eldest sibling of their family and so have to clean up their younger siblings messes. It's a very wholesome family.

1ia likes this.
  8. 1ia

1ia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the recommendations! I read a few chapters of each series and I'm in love with the characters in My Cute Beast! Bring The Love is also a gem - I love that there's actually communication between them. You have good taste

I read this back before it got an official translation, and forgot about it soon after the fan translations stopped. I'll have to re-read it from the start to figure out what chapter I stopped reading it at, but thanks for reminding me about this series - I forgot how adorable it is.

Is this the series you're referring to? https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=124515 If so, I checked it out and I love the cast - the ML seems caring and I look forward to seeing how the FL grows in the future. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've read Trash of the Count's Family, Omniscient Viewer, Who Made Me a Princess, and 19 Days and I loved them all to bits -- I think we have similar tastes. I've had Salt Friend on my To Read List for a while now (waiting for chapters to pile up), so this must be a sign that I should start finally reading it. This list will definitely keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the recommendations and for typing out a small summary/review of each series!

I used to adore Yu Wo's works like Half Prince, Legend of the Sun Knight, and Dominion's End. I might re-read them for nostalgia's sake, and check out her other work that you recommended - No Hero.
    Thanks for the recommendations! They all have really interesting premises, and I like that they're all complete series so I don't need to wait for years to finish the series. I'll take my time reading them!

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  9. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    @1ia hmm welp time to add more:
    A Stepmother's Märchen - starts out kinda brutal, but becomes a lot more wholesome later.
    you'll want to strangle the crown prince, he is a pos
    A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom
    Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - this one is a weird kind of wholesome...give it shot though, the character development is great.
    Daddy, I Don't Want to Marry!
    For Better or for Worse
    I Shall Master This Family - the FL's relationship with her father and grandfather is wholesome and she does seek power. the rest of her family is trash though.
    I'll Raise You Well in This Life, Your Majesty!
    I'm Only a Stepmother, but My Daughter Is Just So Cute!
    Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
    Spy X Family
    Storm Inn - oddly enough might be the most in-line with what you want...a wholesome family dynamic with the employees with some power struggles.
    The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess
    What's Wrong With You, Duke?
    Who Made Me a Princess
    Grey Eminence Female Lead Is Trying to Make Me Her Stepmom

most of these don't fit the demand for people wanting power/strength/etc but they're all pretty wholesome.

1ia likes this.
  10. 1ia

1ia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks again for the recommendations! I'm up to date with A Stepmother's Marchen, and it's rare to find a series with amazing art, story, and characters! If you like Marchen, then you might like Secret Lady. The art is amazing in both, but Secret Lady focuses more on mystery.
    I didn't expect many recommendations with both conditions, so thank you for telling me about Storm Inn! I'll check it out (alongside the other series) when I'm free - There's enough series here to keep me busy for a while!

11. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Wind Breaker

1ia likes this.
  12. 1ia

1ia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! This series looks interesting