Spoiler For Stella

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Jul 5, 2021.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree. You'd think he realised his love for Dana when she died for him, but why did he still reunite with Stella after that then?
    And what changed between that point where Dana died and he still lived as couple with Stella and the 3rd timeline when he got those memories?

Are you telling me that he's such a DUMBASS that it took him a whole lifetime: after his true love died, that he had to spend years with his other lover later to realise after a long time only? Does he need a great shock + prolonged exposure to realise anything?? This kid would not know love if a fat sign with big bold letters would hit him in the head smho_O.

Well, at least that's how the author is trying to present it. As if Dana is his one true love. To me, his behavior wouldn't make sense in real life, I find his character too contradictory and not realistic. If anything, in real life, I would think he just feels guilt for Dana and all his family and friends' deaths.

1. After all, he lost everything, no wonder he'd feel empty after that and it would make more sense if he even resented Stella. Even if he had previously really loved her, she was partly to blame and, no matter her importance to him, way more other people that were important to him died.

2. Plus, if they all never died, he really would've ended up happy with Stella. After all, he didn't have that empty feeling before everyone died, HE WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY WITH STELLA before shit went down.

3. One is the lover who betrayed him and one is the childhood friend who was always by his side. So of course, between the betrayal & sacrifice he would "realise who he truly loves". More like he'd realise who loves HIM more and who's a better choice overall, so I'd say he's just smart this way, not in love.
    If he actually still chose the one that treated him worse, in that case only would I have thought it's true love, otherwise, let's be honest, it's just convenience.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    evilboop, lostross, torte1315 and 4 others like this.
  2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it didn’t look like a fateful love, but I have read only manhwa and spoilers here.

I obviously don’t know what exactly the author wanted to say, but I prefer to think that the story is more about personal growth which includes reassessing personal values, than about fate and silly romance.

Most of people nowadays have a few relationships before marriage. And after becoming an adult some of us sometimes look back at our ex-es and think “OMG, what was I thinking when I was with that person?”.

Which just shows that we’ve grown and changed some of our views, and now we are less prone to losing our minds about a random flashy beauty or a handsome daddy, and are looking into other things like personal compatibility, similar family background and upbringing, easygoing character etc.

So I don’t find it strange that after dating the most popular girl in high school and getting a lot of problems because of her a young man would want to cut ties with her and at some point will start paying attention to a childhood friend who is not breathtakingly beautiful, but is a better person.

It might sound boring and half-hearted for teenage girls dreaming about a fairytale love story, but this is what most of the adults become at some point. Some of them eventually lose some screws during their mid-life crisis days, but in general all of us humans free of teenage hormonal storms are the same, aiming to have a stable life and loving families.

lostross, torte1315, hanisa and 5 others like this.
  3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough.
    But first of all, I still think his behavior overall wasn't very realistic and consistent, for the reasons I already recounted.
    And secondly, I don't think you can remain friends with your ex irl. You either catch feelings for them again or get hurt again for the same reasons you did the first time. Especially, if you have a partner currently, it's very awkward to also have a common friend who you previously kissed or had more physical contact with and whispered words of love to. No, in real life, exes are exes, they stay in the past.

And, as someone else mentioned, Dana was a second choice for him. And it took Dana giving her life for him, for him to choose her. Do you have to get that far to get someone's love? Is this really love then, if he only "realised" it in this extreme situation?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  4. shampoofaeryyy

shampoofaeryyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he still reunited with Stella after all that because Dana wished for him to be happy when she died. Arcane tried to be happy with Stella to fulfill Dana's dying words but he can't because of the shit that he went through. he's traumatized and Stella had a part why that all happened, he can't bring himself to be happy with Stella. i think Arcane reuniting with Stella makes him confirm that Dana is the one who can make him happy and not Stella. he's miserable by the fact that he can't fulfill Dana's dying wish because he can't be happy with anyone other than Dana now.

i think Arcane loves Dana because he can find peace when he's with Dana, he can forget all the sufferings he experienced when he's with her and for me that's ok. Dana makes him remember all the good times when Stella and Edgar was still out of the picture.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  5. ThemisWeeps

ThemisWeeps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think overall what made me sad is that in the OG timeline, Edgar and Dana had originally bonded over their unrequited love for the original couple (Stella and Are). Edgar had even asked if Dana was okay with seeing Are and Stella together, to which she replied she was because Edgar was there with her.

Imo there was some potential for Edgar and Dana there, but it was ruined by Edgar being unable to give up Stella and becoming a cog in the tragedy that would unfold in the OG timeline. I’m not saying that I don’t understand Edgar, but boy… did I want to smack him.

However, I am genuinely curious as to how Dana made it in time to save Are in the original timeline because Edgar mentioned that during that time Dana would’ve just entered the palace as Crown Princess. After reading some stuff here, I also wonder if the Crown Prince in this timeline has genuinely fallen for Dana I reckon his interest in Dana only angers the heck out of Are.

Ngl at the moment (bc I’m only following the manwha) I’m not too annoyed with Edgar or Stella. Stella has put me off with her attitude in the beginning but it’s kind of mellowed out? As for Are loving Dana in the 2nd / 3rd timeline, as some other people have said I don’t think Are ever saw her as a back burner choice. I think losing Dana in the 1st timeline made him realize that his happiness was truly with Dana whom he had taken granted for.

I’m curious about Irbe, he had made a wish but what was that wish that he’s currently paying the price for? Is it helping Are rewind his time?

Yeah the amount of loss and trauma he experienced just to reunite with his love, Stella, was probably just agonizing. In the manwha, Are emphasized how foolish he was for the sake of love. I think in that aspect it really does highlight how love can make someone blind and unfortunately, Are had lost everything by the time he kind of woke up from blind love :(

6. Kimberly07

Kimberly07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl Arcane was a stupid shit before ;-; but in the second timeline he changed for better although it's still frustrating that he dare to love Dana after he cheat (have a lover) on her in the first timeline. Well I can't say this much cause Dana gave him the permission to have a lover and break the engagement anytime cause she and arcane more like sibling relationships. The point I am really annoyed like why he can't let go of her rather the best man than him to be with her (Dana deserve someone better) I know he felt guilty about her death but you can't just be with her after the tragedy happened to you! Can't you just leave her privacy alone. Some words come out in my mind like what if the first timeline didn't have a war then Arcane and Stella probably live happily ever ending....

Again I want Dana deserve someone else better than him ;-;

lostross and DOHere like this.
  7. ThemisWeeps

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, had Edgar and the CP not done what they did in the OG timeline… Are and Stella would definitely be happy. I think in a typical story line, another author would’ve just put them together again and be like yeah imma prevent this!! The I’ve came back to a time where it’s before my doom so I will do everything to prevent it kind of plot (I love plots like that too )

Yeah, I would’ve been like Are what are you doing in the OG timeline but Dana was the one who pushed him to go after Stella. So I really can’t be mad at Are for that . Although, I think because of the direction this plot goes it couldn’t be helped that Are decided to love her in his second timeline. But I definitely would’ve loved to see Dana with someone better.

When Dana wears an open back dress for their school ball, Stella is the first one to comment that Are will most likely be extremely jealous. It doesn’t help that Are goes on to say to Dana that he wants to gouge out the eyes that have seen her back.

torte1315 and Kimberly07 like this.
  8. momAgthere

momAgthere Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain who is the teacher? He's not normal

9. Kimberly07

Kimberly07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all he is like Dana. He been Isekai and can easily adapt the world unlike Dana he accepted his new life. That's all I can say...

lostross and torte1315 like this.
  10. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The teachers are people who are isekai to that world. Dana was able to recognize him because Dana accidentally found a book with Korean writing in a certain section. So Dana looked for the author of the book. It seems his teacher is also a god's right-hand man and he can perform magic. But I don't know for sure.

torte1315, Laerta and Kimberly07 like this.
  11. Kimberly07

Kimberly07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo guys the storyline really disappointed me and wtf the author ship Dana and Arcane out of guilt! It's take one life to realized how stupid he is ;-; oh yeah how I forgot that he cheated on her... with the ogFL...

Idk anymore since this story is somehow suck for reason

Desperate and (deleted member) like this.
  12. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, we'll be doing the side stories (maybe the 2nd and 3rd, I'm so sorry... I couldn't really afford to sacrifice more time since I'm on my SHS now [I'm doing College in British terms, or my A-levels/AP subjects in American term]). Just doing some heads up.

Laerta and Kimberly07 like this.
  13. ThemisWeeps

Reading List:
    Link
    The manwha pace seems pretty fast? We’re already at the part where they graduate and Stella is at Dana’s estate.

The teacher whom Dana adores is also a isekai person. Except, I truly do think he might have something to do with Are coming back because he’s also leaving for the capital. It seems like he’s going for the capital because he has obligation to write a “new ending” due to his wish?

torte1315 and Laerta like this.
  14. sierraphine

sierraphine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not a spoiler but i want to ask, how did arcane died in the second timeline? was it ever mentioned? did he died of old age or whatever it maybe. i’m really curious.

Laerta likes this.
  15. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    It won't be probably mentioned... The last side story ends with showing their children.

torte1315 and Laerta like this.
  16. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows the story and the ending for the crown prince

Laerta likes this.
  17. Rubie31

Rubie31 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question, is there any confirmation that the "novel" timeline was real? Because if that is the case, my feelings change about the situation. I noticed some people refer to it as TL1 but I haven't seen confirmation that it actually happened. So if the novel was something their souls may have actually experienced, I may be able to forgive Dana's actions, but I doubt that the OG novel world ever actually took place.

As for the reason I can't forgive Dana, or the Professor for that matter, is that they knew of things that might happen and Dana pushed people in the direction she wanted. In the only confirmed prior timeline, she actively encouraged Arcane and Stella, knowing full well what would happen with Edgar. I get she wanted to return home, but this means she never really saw the people around her as "real". I can't see her as a martyr, just a a selfish adult who manipulated teenagers for her own gain and I can't believe we never see her feel regret for this. What's worse, is she is shown to have truly lived through her life with him before she planned her death. She knew him since childhood and still believed her death wouldn't be an issue in his "happy ending". She never tried to give Edgar, Arcane, or Stella advise to help them be independent or how to prepare for the future after she died(she didn't even think about it). A proper adult tries to lead children in the right direction. But she just helped them be set up for some unconfirmed "fate" that she tried her best to play a part in. Maybe, if they had all be adult-aged when they all first met, I wouldn't be as mad. But the three were still teenagers, and it was during that time in school she did the most to get the "OG novel" story to play out. And it is at that age that people can easily be prey for manipulation.

Even in the current timeline, the first thing she says about Stella to Irube(in the manwha because I'm rereading it right now), is that she is "So cute!" and will suit Arcane. That's the kind of toxic thing adults who treat children as objects do. She's not their parents, and they didn't even show any interest in each other. She just saw what she wanted. I've watched people "ship" their friends in real life and push them into situations that were unhealthy. And that is what she wanted to do. I can't help but seen her as a really naive or toxic person for thinking that "following a story" is the only way in life. It's really destructive to see the kind people around you and constantly focus on "escaping" things. She had a family that loved her, and still had chances growing up to change the sad fate of what the Crown Prince was planning. The proof is that Arcane is doing just that. She just never tried because she never really cared about her "friends" in the previous timeline.

torte1315 and Rose Nightingale like this.
  18. Laerta

Laerta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's more like real life. Very often you can see a situation when next to a guy a girl who sincerely loves him is ready to give all of herself, and he only looks at the bright beauties nearby. And this faithful girlfriend becomes interesting to him only if a big trouble happens to him: bankruptcy, paralysis, loss of legs or something else. Because everyone else is leaving him. Why is this happening?

Why do you think she's not a teenager. When she found herself in this world, she experienced real horror and panic, I think she is a schoolgirl or a first-year student at the most. She is terrified of unfamiliar surroundings and she does not even have anyone to talk to about it. That's why she was so eager for the professor. Here he is really an adult, he could calm her down. And the heroine just has a manic desire to return home, she believes that she is not the mistress of her own life

And how did the blond go back to the past? Was this explained somewhere in the novel/manga? Or do we just have a given?

She said it was English. Right?

Мне кажется, изначально Аркан любил Дану. Это была теплая спокойная любовь, гармоничная, без ярких всплесков.
    Потом они знакомятся со Стеллой. Она яркая, открытая, живая, шустрая. Любовь для нее такой же, полной зажигательной страсти, яркого фейерверка, ярких страстей. Это скорее страсть и увлечение, чем настоящая любовь. Страсть настолько горяча, что сожгла их часть дотла, оставляя пустыню сожженной дотла.

И что осталось после? А любовь к Дане только крепла. Медленно-медленно, как хрупкий стойкий росток Ино прорастает из-под тяжелого камня, кажется, несмотря ни на что, он растет на голой скале, укореняясь и постепенно раздавливая камень, который значительно твердеет. Я не понимаю, почему персонажи так раздражают. Они очень реалистичны? Так что в реальной жизни,люди начинают ценить тех, кто рядом, когда неизбежно что-то глобальное: надежду, богатство, здоровье и прочее. кто их не бросил, являются их настоящими любовниками, друзьями, родственниками. Почему многие думают, что Аркан представил вину, а не любовь?

Мне кажется, изначально Аркан любил Дану. Это была теплая спокойная любовь, гармоничная, без ярких всплесков. Затем они знакомятся со Стеллой. Она яркая, открытая, живая, шустрая. Любовь для нее такая же, полная зажигательной страсти, яркого фейерверка, ярких страстей. Это скорее страсть и увлечение, чем настоящая любовь. Страсть настолько горяча, что сожгла их обоих дотла, оставив пустыню сожженной дотла. И что осталось после? А любовь к Дане только крепла. Медленно-медленно, как хрупкий стойкий росток Ино прорастает из-под тяжелого камня, словно, несмотря ни на что, он растет на голой скале, укореняясь и постепенно раздавливая камень, который гораздо тверже.

Я не понимаю, почему персонажи так раздражают. Они очень реалистичны. Так что в реальной жизни, люди начинают ценить тех, кто рядом, когда теряют что-то глобальное: надежду, богатство, здоровье и прочее. Тогда они понимают, что только те, кто их не бросил, являются их настоящими любовниками, друзьями, родственниками. Почему многие думают, что Аркан чувствует вину, а не любовь? И все же, как Аркан вернулся в прошлое?

layyu likes this.