DotA Mafia Game #27

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by justabot, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    It totally is :blobrofl:

Lissi likes this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    what past trauma is this referring to? I thought Lemon being helpful was generally towny?
    is the explanation referring to this?
    I don't think it's so much as an explanation as a read off of it...?

And in any case, even if you take her judgement for this, do you have any opinions about his other posts/any posts that influence your read other than this?

3. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    I do like the thoughts here though. They are kinda wishy washy, but I feel like it's kinda on-brand (even with the jab at my read accuracy, ouch, why do you have to hit where it hurts :blobrofl:) for you

And these look pretty genuine, though more elaboration w/ specific quotes would be great too

Since unvote's not a thing, I'll move my vote off later probably, after organizing my readlist

4. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    have either of your opinions changed based off of his recent readlist?

5. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, why would they want to make it seem like they're buddies if they are?

6. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    wait
    I missed this in between Iso accusing me of being opportunistic (which I'll get to jn a few) but

what is this? :blobjoy:

@Devils Advocate how much weight do you put behind your reads/how much do you yourself believe in them?

And when you say things like "decora- heart feels she's scum" or "lemon- seems helpful but I doubt it"... is that also only as likely as a coinflip to you?

7. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    this reminds me of your "fishing" post thing from some other game I'll find later

more of a note to self

8. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    The content of your guys' posts was completely different, which is why it feels weird to me that you're trying to make Psyx compare them the same way

iampsyx likes this.
  9. Nagashiro

Nagashiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would agree If there wasn't any failsafe that deals with the inactives, though that only applies to real inactives and not those trying to avoid discussion.

In the case of them just avoiding discussion, that would easily come out as sus since a social game with no socializing isn't much of a game at all but going after someone because you have zero reads on them is scummy.

Going after an inactive as town, wishing that the inactive is mafia, isn't something I expect to hear from someone who has played a good chunk of the game. Inactives would be dealt with by the GM/failsafe sooner or later, in my opinion it's a pointless gamble for town but a helpful one for mafia to trim down town with little to no effort.

10. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    To add confusion maybe. Maybe am reading too much into it but if you are town you won't try to add more confusion by saying you can be mafia buddies with someone, instead will try to give your reasonings on being town.
    And I didn't just say that they are buddies with them. I said they might be buddies or tryna make it seem that they are so there can be another sus and somehow focus can be shifted from them and be on two people at once when we are nearing EOD.

Lissi likes this.
  11. Nagashiro

Nagashiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I misunderstood, how different was it?

12. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
  13. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    DotA Mafia Game
    # Username ToD Role Warnings
    1 @iampsyx
    2 @Clumsy Soul
    3 @Tilgarial
    4 @SylviaViolet
    5 @Grey_Angel
    6 @Nagashiro
    7 @Mr gentleman
    8 @Glass Shard
    9 @ReaderReader
    10 @c.decora
    11 @Devils Advocate
    12 @Lissi
    13 @Lemonfairy
    14 @Isolated0371
    Votes TargetVoters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Isolated0371 @c.decora (20), @Clumsy Soul (28)
    1 Tilgarial @Tilgarial (45)
    1 Lissi @Isolated0371 (31)
    1 Mr gentleman @Devils Advocate (30)
    1 Devils Advocate @Lissi (41)
    0 No Lynch ---
    8 Not Voting @iampsyx (19), @SylviaViolet (3), @Grey_Angel (6), @Nagashiro (31), @Mr gentleman (0), @Glass Shard (15), @ReaderReader (6), @Lemonfairy (30)
    Important
    Time Left

14. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is hella confusing :notlikeblob:

15. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Random thoughts after seeing Sylvia and Read~

What are the chances of Grey, Sylvia, Read and Glass/Gent being mafia team? Seeing as one is inactive and others just haven't said anything which can give a read? 2 od them just came 2 and a half hour before EOD.::blobcatsmile:: :blobhyperthink:

With this imma go for an hour, will be back before EOD hopefully. :blob_ghost:

16. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    just gonna address these all at once
    First off, yes, I knew it was DA's first bot game, he said so himself. But, I knew it was not his first FM game, and from my impression of the past, he can be wishy-washy but he never struck me as someone who loved self-voting. Hence, this behavior struck me as weird. It's also ReaderReader's first bot game and Grey Angel's also new, but you don't see them self-voting, either (or any other newbie).

As an entrance, it was also not great. I'm serious about the avoiding discussion thing; testing the bot voting options and nothing else (except introducing this account's personality a bit), especially with the knowledge that he would have to go soon, felt really bad. It's an easy way to insert yourself in the game, while not contributing anything readable or opening yourself up to discussion questions/questions about your reads, while also establishing a precedent of someone who doesn't contribute much. If you start strong, after all, people are gonna call out out if your activity dips and you start posting only fluff. If you've been consistently a low poster who posts fluff... well, you might be not towny on people's readlists, but you wouldn't be facing people's scumhunting.

Also, as someone who has a hard time getting started in the game as mafia without a teammate's encouragement... yeah, this is the kind of thing I used to pull, except it'd be more of the "I'm eternally trying to catch up" variety or something.

Was his weird entrance some hidden nugget of sus I dug out through hours of ISOs for me to make a read on? No, it wasn't. And why should it be, there were only a few pages of posts anyways and this stuck out to me the most. And of course someone called me opportunistic for it, wow, that's totally unexpected.

But that doesn't mean I was just gonna... ignore it? And besides, if you think that I was going to try to set the day's lynch on one entrance as soon as I come in and then sit on it forever... it's honestly a little disappointing that you think so little of me. Even if I was mafia, I wouldn't be that lazy?

Plus, my vote was contingent on the thought that DA might continue acting like this. Literally no one would want the bad look of "she said she was going to move her vote if he made content but she didn't, and also didn't try to stop him from being the exec even when she changed her opinion"- that's not even AI.

Also I think it's an unfair to compare DA's self-vote to yours and Tilgarial's votes. Iso, yours was literally an OMGUS, and Tilg's looked like a joke vote on you for starting the game earlier than planned.

(which btw on school days I don't think I can be on before 12, that's my lunch time)

I didn't come away with the feeling that either of those were just testing out the bot and both made more sense than just a self-vote out of nowhere, especially from someone who in my mind had set no precedence of wanting to self-vote.

Anyways sorry for the essay this got long but that is basically my whole viewpoint, lmk if I forgot to respond to anything.

ReaderReader and iampsyx like this.
  17. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Coul
    I mean... that's kind of the point of PoE. Reads are all kind of comparative anyways, like if you townread everyone but it's logistically impossible, you gotta vote some of the towny-but-not-most-towny ones or whoever has the most scumteam potential.

I do try to wait for subs and stuff, but like... experience here has shown me that whenever I go fight only the other actives and ignore the inactives, at least half of them are mafia or something. I feel like there are so many times we've steered the exec away from an inactive and they turned out to be mafia.

I think the opposite of your point is also true. If actives only go after other actives, it's way more beneficial to mafia who can just lay low.

At least the other way, mafia are forced to be more active and might therefore make themselves more readable.

Which this isn't really related to this game but yeah.

iampsyx likes this.
  18. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    rip this didn't post

but I was gonna ask, Tilg could you go look for those posts later if you have time?

19. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is a little unlikely, since it feels like if wolves try to buddy up, it's usually with people not their buddies? But I can see your point about the confusion.

20. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well these were Glass's posts:
    i.e. related to opinions on others, made from reading people's posts and she is giving reads with reasons

this is your post:
    i.e. saying that you've been more active than usual, mentioning someone you remember interacting with

I don't think yours is worse than Glass's, but they don't even talk about the same thing (you didn't make any reads in your post, for example, and it is less 'readable content' than Glass's was, especially since we can reflect on Glass's after people flip and I don't think reflecting on yours would help), so I don't think they should be given the same evaluation

Nagashiro and iampsyx like this.