Recommendations BL Western Fantasy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Rennera, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Rennera

Rennera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I just finished reading The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love. I don't know if you guys can recommended to me something similiar to this? And MC must be shou! I prefer if romance between MC and ML is slow pace. And im fine with angst too

2. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if these are translated yet but if you're interested in reading untranslated ones you can just search up the Chinese names to find the novels.

宿敌发现我是魅魔后[穿书] (After My Old Enemy Discovered I’m an Incubus) by 非非非非 - MC is a modern teenager who transmigrated into a western fantasy world where he is the cowardly second prince who "abuses" his future nemesis/servant ML, whom he knows will become a holy paladin later.

崩人设后我变成了魅魔 (I Became an Incubus After Breaking Character) by 鱼无心 - MC is a QT host who is notorious for harvesting hatred values unlike most hosts who harvest love values. In his last world, MC's role was a half-incubus son-of-the-pope who betrayed and was killed by his noble "cousin" ML. This awakens ML's heretic god's blood which allows him to summon MC back into their world. The couple manifest a physical relationship early on but take a long time to cultivate feelings.

幼崽期的邪恶魔王抢我小饼干 (The Baby Demon Lord Stole My Biscuit) by 卷卷猫. Young hybrid elf MC tried to fulfill his role as the chosen one sacrificed to take down the evil dragon lord ML, but ultimately resorted to using a time travel spell in order to go 500 years into the past to kill the evil baby dragon in his infancy. He fails to kill the chubby purple dumpling and tries to raise ML while staying on the run from various forces that wish to monopolize the young dragon.

你的白月光真不错 by 陵萌- beastman Western fantasy transmigration I think? I haven't read this one yet because the novel is still ongoing.

邪神的恋人[西幻] by 邪神的恋人[西幻]. MC is an abandoned chimera created by the Holy See who was rescued by a disabled "paladin" ML who is secretly the ancient god Chaos. I haven't read this yet but novel is completed.

applebeans and Rennera like this.
  3. uwu_Nabong

uwu_Nabong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some translated ones like:
    (MC shou in each one of these)

- After Becoming the Tyrant (Romance: Slooow Paced)

The plot is super complex and has a fantastic depth, it's intriguing at all times, the characters are never flat, they are so interesting and varied. The MC is scheming, cool and badass at times and secondary characters never tire you. There's a lot going on every time, it has fantasy, supernatural and realistic elements. The part of the king governing is not neglected, while the efforts and brains he (MC) puts into it are crazy. There's a lot of mystery and plotting, it may sound heavy, yet it's just so engaging!

- Stray (Romance: Natural, neither slow nor abrupt)

With a slightly lighter plot than the above. There are a lot of things happening here too.
    Even if there is a deep, interesting plot, it is more light-hearted, with jokes and comedy from time to time and amazing, imaginative settings by the author. The characters are fun and interesting, they are not stereotypical nor follow troups. There's also quite a lot of mystery, but the story has a fast pace so it will not feel heavy, but enthralling!

Circumstances of a Fallen Lord (Slow burn)

It keeps you in sad and fun mood interchangeably, it has lots of humors but also lots, lots of mystery. Everything seems simple at the beginning and because of the summary, but as the story unfurls, truths are uncovered leading to bigger mysteries! MC is super fun too!

Fairy Trap (A little bit quicker, but not abrupt)

(AaAaaaAngsT) I'm currently in love with this one. MC has a complex personality and while ML falls into a troupe, he's also interesting. It does a beautiful job bringing themes as depression and family struggles. The plot is also well thought with an amazing world building and with an introductory to the story that shakes your heart to the core. A hidden gem, really!

The Lord is Addicted to Infrastructure (Slooow Burn too, really)

This one is light, really, the kind of story you would like to read to have fluff, a feel-good story. It's not bad, yet it's not my favourite. This one is a kingdom building kind of story. It's worth giving it a try, but don't expect a deep, nerve-racking plot or complex characters, just some fluff and lots of humor, which is quite nice, to be fair.

A Tale of Strategies for the Throne (Slow Burn)

This one is quite nice too, the plot is more extensive, sometimes it has no unfathomable depth nor mystery because of that, but its pace keeps you engaged as you go through the Main Characters' lives. You get to experience many things and is actually interesting, this one is a little bit of a Kingdom building story, but its nice, interesting and the world building is imaginative!

(I know it's not so important, but my favourites are in bolds!)

Rennera likes this.
  4. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Rennera likes this.
  5. PuddleDuckling

PuddleDuckling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nurturing the Hero to Avoid Death?

MidstNost and Rennera like this.
  6. Rennera

Rennera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Im gonna check it later.

I already read fairy trap too! I cannot wait for translator update. I try to Mtl-ed but it is not work.

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Thank you for you recommendations :aww: