Discussion Would you appease the Old Ones?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Apr 27, 2022.

?

q

1. Appease the Great Ones!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Appease if annual sacrifice is less than 10 000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Appease if annual sacrifice is less than 1000

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Appease if annual sacrifice is less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Appease if annual sacrifice is less than 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Feck it, let's armageddon and not in Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Liv Taylor way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    In this great movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/ where people have been sacrificing a few people annualy I think to demons so the Attack on Titan sized demons don't wake up all over the world.
    The protagonists
    That humanity doesn't deserve to live if like 5 people a year have to be sacrificed, so they botched the ritual and let the armaggedon come. At a time I got carried away with the feeling, I mean they were the good guys, just college students that were supposed to be sacrificed, on the other hand "evil" government experiment agency. But c'mon, 5 people for 7 billion(at the time)
    You would? Answer in the poll and or comment

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  2. sothethingis

sothethingis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is genuinely one of my favorite horror movies of all time, and while I would say that, it would be easy to say here and now that killing off five people is worth the lives of 7 billion+ people. But then again, what would my reaction be if my friends and I were on the chopping block at the time :/ I'd probably be none too happy about it, lolol.

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be unable to do anything about it. I'd be sad for the sacrificed people, and sad for myself if I were one to be sacrificed.

I don't think it's right to sacrifice people for the greater good, but I also don't think there is a better solution in this kind of circumstance.

So... Well, I'd be one of the many people that are saddened by the situation and yet is unable to do anything about it... I'd just keep on living through my daily life while hoping neither me nor my loved ones are chosen.

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd be screwed either way, you don't die directly but it's unlikely you'd survive in such a world anyway, especially at ground zero.
    Even if you were guaranteed to survive, it'd be giant dick move IMO. Sure it sucks to be a sacrifice and unwilling one, maybe it'd be better if the world knew and people had to volounteer which would sadden others and motivate for progress so it doesn't have to be done a few centuries from now.
    Remnants of humanity would regress to iron age and may never recover, unless someone like Sparda sealed the demons again.
    I heard people say they'd rather die than live in zombie world no sacrifice required, I mean I get it. No hot showers, bad food, nobody to trust, horribly smelling zombies everywhere, no internet, no heating or AC, no medicine or doctors...

5. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's completely backwards to sacrifice college students, though, even if sacrificing five people is the right thing to do. Just go to a nursing home, look for a terminal patient, and offer them a huge sum of money to their family/cause of choice in exchange for getting sacrificed to a demon. Alternatively, if you want to go the evil but practical way, sacrifice babies. Make sure to pick babies who won't be missed by a family so you don't get vigilante heroes. They can't butcher it, and even if it's butchered and they survive, the babies won't remember it and an't tattle on ya when they grow up.

Why college students? They are young, capable of ruining the plan, and have family who'd notice them gone.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, why sacrifice anyone against their will? Surely there are some in-the-know government people who'd sacrifice themselves in exchange for some huge post-death favor from the president.

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah well if you haven't seen the movie, it's because they needed specific roles like a fool, virgin and whatnot so they got a group of friends that had all those. To be fair, the process was neutral and for the greater good, the only bad thing was the staff disrespect for the sacrifices. They had bets and popcorn who would die which way... There were other ritual sites which all failed, including Japanese girl elementary school who exorcised something like Sadako. Well that's a lot worse than 5 college students, if Sadako wasn't beaten by innocent children singing in a circle lol.

7. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Cabin in the woods is a great satirical film.

Watch it if you havent.

Also, in that situation I would be all "fuck you for trying to do this instead of just killing me" btu at the same time that whole "humanity vs me" thing would pop up.

In the end I'd prob sacrifice the kids for the world to live.

Jojo775 likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sacrifice until find way to fight or kill the old one~ the choice only do or die so nothing much to do, really~
    there choice to make sacrifice become public knowledge which may create mayhem on short term~ oh well movies usually more interested to show the ugly of humanity~

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh imagine protests against sacrifice, we can kill the Old Ones...nope and then someone revolutionary sets them free.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it really depend on various factors, there possibility of mass panic? imo the protest is least concern~ anarchy, fall of order and law those are hard press stuff~ on other hand one the people know and or experience the real horror imo there more people joint to either fight old one or support sacrifice~ the level of scenario let nuke some big city worldwide on all continent~