LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone have they own taste buds. I would never eat this

2. Twilightnemesis

Twilightnemesis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard years ago that any two species that is within 1 million years since last common ancestor can interbreed with viable offspring, now this was an article I read years ago so the scientific consensus might be different now and this is a world of magic and gods so how much of biology of our world even apply is up to debate but just saying that these beings could still interbreed while not being the same species. So eating other sapient/intelligent species wouldn’t technically be cannibalism.

Eddy andres likes this.
  3. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are legit dangers to eating stuff alive.

Probably the least of which is the fact you're eating something raw and thus risking any diseases or parasites.

Some things people eat in other cultures are only strange because we're not used used to it. But some things are legit stuff no one should ever eat but they do anyway because of "culture" as if that means they don't have to ever change their behahvior.

Imagine if we did that with other things and never tried to be better because of "culture". Of course culture is important but you need to be able to be free to better yourself too.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  4. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    something like this?

5. Kaithar

Kaithar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, sushi has the issues of being raw and potentially carrying parasites, but the whole live sea food thing isn't unheard of in the west you know? Usually it's in the form of high end restaurants having live lobsters and such, they kill and cook them when the customer wants it.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fish are a relatively safe food to eat raw because there aren't many diseases a fish can catch that'll infect you too, nor do the parasites in them really thrive in the human body. Pork or chicken on the other hand? Never eat those raw.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  7. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I don't think raw fish is a good idea either but many do seem to agree it's less risky than other raw meats.

But even with Sushi I think most would agree you're not supossed to litterally eat it alive. Because there is still the issue of things like blood, brains, and other parts of the body you REALLY shouldn't eat under any circumstance.

Honestly I question the sanity of anyone who thinks of eating something still alive.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I was gonna throw in a joke about transubstantiation, but then it would have made my post too wordy. The point is that in church a piece of bread becomes an imaginary piece of meat, while Van is cooking a very real piece of a child of God. Your wolf analogy was backwards but also falls short, it should have been a pet dog eating a wolf, but it isn't just any wolf, it was one directly related to wolf god.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  9. The Godly Aeolus

The Godly Aeolus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the sake of simplicity, if you can reproduce with species you are eating, that basically makes you a cannibal. Period. If you have more than 90% DNA in common with what's on your plate, it's probably close enough that you should consider alternative dietary options.

Long story short, don't eat it if it's genetically similar to yourself. Just don't. Both from an ethical and medical standpoint, it's simply not a great idea.

10. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    well no the literal definiton of cannibal is "an animal that feeds on flesh of its own species."

We don't really have a term for one sentient species eating another they are biologically compatibal with as it's not really an issue IRL.

But just because it's not cannibalism doesn't mean it's suddenly okay. It's still just as bas as cannibalism even if it doesn't fit the actual definiton.

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So not pork of bacon then? (like 98% similarity), or cats (~90%)

FranckOA likes this.
  12. Kaithar

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, no, there's a bunch of parasites that live in fish and make humans really ill... mostly of the kind you don't want anything to do with.

The Church would get upset if you told them it's imaginary or just symbolic, they're pretty clear on believing that it really, actually becomes meat in some abstract or conceptual form. I know it's not on the same level as suspending Jesus over a campfire (that long hair idiots like to give him would not last long lmao), I just though it was an interesting "they actually do" tangent.

I picked the wolf eating the dog because the idea your average pet dog would win against a wolf seems questionable ... I guess if we're going for power structure, a tiger killed a couple of wolves and intimidated some poodles into eating them? I was just going for the "evolutionary neighbors sometimes kill and eat each other" point.

FranckOA likes this.
  13. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my video they eat all raw, but Van cooked his meat well, so he don't eat raw meat.
    All else are just demagoguery or just food preferences. I would not eat caterpillars even if you cook them good.
    So, cannibalism is okay if you cook well :D because in the end it is just PERSONAL beliefs and they don't have anything to do with okay or not okay or with other things. Also, Van is in magic world and same things don't apply to them.
    Plus, only humans cook. I have not seen lion cooking his food and no real problems here.

14. The Godly Aeolus

The Godly Aeolus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering how carefully we actually need to cook pork to make it safe? And how many potentially serious illnesses readily transfer between pigs and humans? Well, yeah. I think it still supports my point.

I do confess, however, a certain love for bacon. I'm a monster, I know.

15. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did say relatively. I know there are parasites that fish carry that will be happy to move into you instead. It's just safer than raw pig meat.

16. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how do we know we're currently in a japanese novel lcd? we talk about food

spycho357 likes this.
  17. Kaithar

Reading List:
    Link
    Funnily enough, most of the risks for raw pork fall into two groups, pathogens that can survive on damn near any meat (ecoli for instance) and parasitic transfer. The parasites are different from those in fish, obviously, but in both cases the problem is things like tapeworms. Fish have nematodes as well though and pigs have some novel viruses. If you factor in other risks like contamination during handling, decay and bioaccumulation of toxins, a surprising amount of the danger is generic environment stuff rather than specifically because the food is from that species.

I'd say plants have the opposite characteristic, since most of the ways you get ill from eating those are toxins specific to a family, nightshade or algae for instance. Nothing can override the fact food hygiene is critical, honestly.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  18. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fun fact. Prior to the arrival of European settlers, the native peoples in the arctic circle did not suffer scurvy, despite lacking fresh fruit. Why?

They had no concept of cooking, and didn't cook the nutrients out of their fish.

It was European settlers who introduced cooking and nutritional deficit diseases.

Not sure how they dealt with parasites and the like, but there is some merit to eating raw fish, with caution.

Paps likes this.
  19. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first comment after the first time comes back to the thread......I want to tell you that I hate you now :sick:

20. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They got vitamin C from muktuk (whale blubber), caribou livers, kelp, and seals. Not fish.
    Also, freezing kills some parasites (not all, one of the bad ones from pork can survive it) and they froze a lot of their food. In the winter I have heard of fish freezing in seconds with how cold it gets in some communities.