Spoiler The Gap Between You and Me / 그대와 나 사이의 간격

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I forgot about this book. I got engrossed into another novel and it went in the bottom of my reading list. I'll try to pick it up again and read till the end.

DOHere, karaa00000, LynnLynn and 4 others like this.
  2. shxxxxbi1027

shxxxxbi1027 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The recent chapter is on 48 and Im totally hooked. I wanna give it a 100 stars. I dont know why but I really love the plot, the characters and the translation is good too. I wish someone can continue translating it. I cried when fl cries and ml too. Ml's experience is really out of this world. But still he has sane. He is still sane and really loves our fl. ❤

By the way, due to this novel, I created this acct and posted this msg

Hara92, LynnLynn, your crush and 5 others like this.
  3. snzzykitten

snzzykitten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone spoil volumes 3 & 4?? :aww::aww::aww:

LynnLynn and jujubaba82 like this.
  4. Unluckybutterfly

Unluckybutterfly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know spoilers for this?

LynnLynn likes this.
  5. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unluckybutterfly likes this.
  6. piecesofminty

piecesofminty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this yet, but I noticed that the manhwa adaptation will be released in English through Pocket Comics. It's being released under the title The Distance Between Us. No link yet, but apparently it'll be released in 13 days. You can read the sample chapter (aka the first chapter) if you go to "New" to check out the new and upcoming releases.

7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if this is a sad story? From what I'm seeing from the comments, it looks like it, and if it is.....I think I'll avoid it. Cause my heart can't take it...

9. Aiko_Tachibana

Aiko_Tachibana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it's a bittersweet story of loss and finding hope to still survive it all. Usually with stories like these I let them pile up and binge read it cause I can't take in sad parts.

clraei, DOHere, LynnLynn and 2 others like this.
  10. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don`t wanna cry :blobdead::notlikeblob:

DOHere and Aiko_Tachibana like this.
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree that the main leads ending up as commoners is something new and not cliche, I don’t think they would have made such unwise decision in real life.

It feels like in the side stories the author compared a commoner’s life to the modern times middle class, but it’s not even relatively comparable. Commoners had to work from sunrise to sunset to have food on their tables, usually doing hard labor and work in field. They had no power against any whims of the lords, so taking a man from a family and sending him to any local war conflict would have been a common occurrence. Women aged rapidly because of the harsh workings conditions and many pregnancies. Also a commoner’s access to medicine and education was very limited, they often died young and were educated only to write their names.

A commoner village girl going to school at the age of 12 is rare. The public schools usually related to churches were giving only basic education (writing, arithmetic) and in many countries were allowed only for boys for the limited time, around 2-6 years. In rural villages children didn’t really have access to any education.

A commoner woman using sugar in her pie is probably plausible depending on the era, but all other spices were extremely expensive even for nobles because they where brought by merchants from faraway countries, so cooking would have been plain at best.

What I’m trying to say is that unless main leads were in hiding for any reason they realistically would have never agreed to live as commoners for the rest of their lives at those times. And being unprepared for such life as former nobles they wouldn’t have been very successful and well fed.

12. YuyuxHime

YuyuxHime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers. Will still camp here for more. :aww::blobcozy:

13. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohmg this was my favourite novel. The spoilers given from the now-deleted ID are mine.

Special thanks to user @Eccedentesiastdisha for posting the side stories and others.

I would love to read it again from the beginning.

Well, I was hoping the art to be more like that of Rosalyn Bogarte or The Problematic Prince. When I imagined them, I always imagined them in pastel colours and soft-hazy art like (idk how to explain it lol) but kind of like Mystical Webtoon.

It's different but I'm eager to see how it will suit the story.

TrinaAngel, xpeanut and LynnLynn like this.
  14. slainwolc

slainwolc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because at this point he's already catching feelings for her and when fl broke the news that she had to go to lavant to look for marriage prospects, he didn't like that and so he followed her (without anyone knowing) because he didnt want to lose her. It was quite funny how when there were men interested in her and visited fl for some tea to get to know each other, Edwin(ml) will always find an excuse to interrupt their meetings resulting in fl getting so distracted that she couldn't give much attention to those men. So the men gave up because they realized she was never interested in them lol

it was very gradual, he already knew fl has a crush on him but he was initially indifferent about it because he knows he's attractive and everything and that a lot of women always hits him up so fl crushing on him was not any different at that point so he didnt give it much thought. He just slowly started appreciating her presence and gradually noticed her beauty and charm.

for fl there wasn't really much of a rival, unless you count the ml's ex fiancee but they never really had a relationship to begin with. The engagement was purely business although it was implied that the ex fiancee had feelings for ml, it wasn't the same with ml. They never had time to even spend together bc ml was immediately sent to battle to defend the border for like a year right after he got engaged. But during the time that the ex fiancee finally met the ml again she hugged ml and told him she missed him so much bc she never met him again after they got engaged and he was sent to war because right after that, his family got executed and he was reduced to a slave, fl got jealous bc the ex fiancee is the most beautiful woman she's ever seen and she felt inferior.

for ml, the most notable rival is of course the second prince of velicia, Bernard.

In a nutshell, Hugo's death was a result of FL's actions essentially. The day she crossed paths with Sean was the day everything went downhill for her, her family and ml.

The day she first bumped to Sean was in a masquerade ball held by vivian's family, he already started the bully mode on and fl stood up for herself and ended up insulting and humiliating him in public. Sean is the heir of the Rowani duchy, so he's ur typical spoiled rich bully, who gets what he wants and act like he owns the world. And fl, apart from the fact that her personality is the type that doesn't want to get trampled on no matter who it is, she doesn't know etiquette, social hierarchies, and standards.

She didn't know anything about the social world. So she ended up angering Sean which led him to do some background check on her, and got him to find out that Edwin(ml) is living with her as a slave and proceeded to threaten them (exposing the fact that ml as a slave escaped from his master; bc he followed herietta to lavant without permission). And bc he hated ml bc he was always number 1, in looks, in skills, in social standing etc (also bc he's a simp for ml's ex fiancee (vivian) and he got so jealous bc he tried proposing to vivian several times and got rejected each time and then ml proposed once and got approved lol),

First they (ml and fl) got away with just bowing to Sean (he made ml bow to him and slamming his head to the floor). The next thing happened was that Sean was warned by vivian not to touch ml and in exchange she will accept his proposal which didnt sit well with him because he wanted to make ml suffer. So the news about the marriage business of the royal family of brimdel with velicia came up in respect of their peace treaty, brimdel has to send their princess to marry the 2nd prince. Because 2nd ml was known to have a very bad reputation (alcoholic, drug addict, womanizer, etc), the king of brimdel didnt want to marry off his beloved daughter.

So Sean presented the idea to offer FL (pretend she's some illegitimate daughter of the king so she'd be the one to be married off to bernard the 2nd prince). But ofc FL wouldn't just agree to that ordeal, so Sean planned for the king to have Hugo be sent to war and use him as bait so fl will abide by his conditions.

When the mackenzie house received the letter of conscription, they were devastated (it was sad because Hugo cried and told her sister he didnt want to die) and so fl turned to ml for help. ML eventually ended up meeting his old friend (the crown prince) and asked him to save Hugo. CP agreed, bc he found it suspicious to send a 12y/o and un-knighted to the battlefield. But Sean intercepted the CP's letter of investigation and used it to threaten fl that he has eyes and ears everywhere and he can do anything he wants at a snap of a finger.

So fl agreed to be the fake princess in exchange for her brother's life (she was told not to tell anybody about it or the deal is off). But Sean was never a man of his word, he has this twisted psycho persona that just wants to see ppl suffer. FL asked ML to bring back Hugo (this was their last meeting before the long separation) but ML arrived too late, because few days earlier his arrival, there was an attack and Hugo got caught up in that battle and died. FL left home leaving only a letter to her parents stating she went to find her aunt in Lavant but she was actually sent to cross the border (with a maid and a few knights) to meet the velician delegation only to be ambushed by assassins (hired by Sean). Everyone died except Sean's men and FL escaped death (2nd ml saved her).

FL's father later found out that the letter she left was a lie and tried to find her but ended up in a mysterious death (havent finished reading the novel so im not sure if it was explained in the end what really happened to her father). Mother was devasted to find out that her husband and son died, and her daughter went missing, so she unalived herself due to severe depression.

I love this novel, but Sean's retribution I felt was not enough for all the pain and suffering he caused for his own greed.

Yes and no. Yes because he found out that his family was innocent and the culprit was the prophet who prophesied that the Duke of Redford will be the downfall of the royal family and the foolish king who believed the prophecy against his better judgment. No because there's no one left to prove that his family was innocent as ML was the one who wiped out the entire royal family of brimdel.
    It was a gradual change, the more they spent time together, the more he learned about her and that she was different from the other nobles who only wanted him for his body and submission.
    He already knew from the start that fl had a crush on him, but he was indifferent about it at first because it wasn't any different from all the other girls who felt attracted to him so he brushed it off. FL still regards ml as this unreachable star that she can only view from afar, although they gradually became friends, she couldn't cross the line because at the end of the day, he was a slave and she knew one day she had to be married off to someone as her mother always wanted to.

Another thing was that ml hardly showed much of his emotions for fl to confirm his feelings. Because ml know he's a slave and that he couldn't covet the daughter of his master, so he convinced himself that he's content by just being by her side which something he heavily regret later on.

Point of the matter is, they were both scared of rejection so they didnt directly confess to each other even though later on they realize they liked each other but never crossed that line until it was too late and got separated.

Yeah there's a lot of sweet potatoes because apart from the fact that the separation was so long, they already met several times but never recognized each other. FL wore a hooded cloak and hung her head so low so her face wont be much visible because she doesn't want to be recognized as someone from Brimdel and ml never bothered looking at her because if it aint his herietta, they are not worth looking at (accdg to his pov lol). And ml wore his armor mask most of the time (unless he's with high ranking knights) so not a lot of people recognize his real identity, if not a mask then it's a hooded cloak as well which was so darn frustrating because they've already met at an arms reach, even talked to each other but never once looked at each other's face which was so stupid lol

Edwin considers Herietta his whole world and his only reason to live. He found his peace with her. Before he met her he was living like a doll with no purpose and just running through life as it was planned for him. He didn't care about anyone, didn't even care about questioning the king's decision to annihilate his whole family even after he knew the truth behind that. When he became a slave and was tortured by his previous masters, he never retaliated or escaped either because he found no reason to because he was taught not to wield emotions from a very young age. When he found out about Herietta's "death" he went batsh*t crazy. And for the first time, he wanted to blame someone, punish anyone who took her away from him. He made it possible by making a deal with the King of Kustan (the enemy country invading Brimdel) and that's how he became their commander who helped conquer Brimdel.

So in a way, his actions were justified, his bottled up feelings just exploded and went out of control.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  15. slainwolc

slainwolc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was around the time when fl fully recovered her health and had to go back to Brimdel to exact her revenge against Sean. The bet was kind of like their goodbye to each other. Basically fl told prince Bernard that he will eventually forget her as time pass and the prince told fl that he bet he'll still remember her after 10 or even 20 years has passed.

16. karaa00000

karaa00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How the main character met again?

17. slainwolc

slainwolc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They first met at a banquet (iirc it was a coming of age banquet) and she fell in love with edwin at first sight but couldn't approach him because he was too handsome and noble and she was basically just a country bumpkin. Girl literally fainted because edwin was too pretty lol

Tt123 likes this.