Spoiler I Returned as a God

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Title: I Returned as a God
    Associated Name: 귀환했더니 신이 되었다
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-returned-as-a-god/
    Raws: https://cc.naver.com/cc?a=nov.title&r=&i=&bw=1440&px=574&py=296&sx=574&sy=296&m=1&nsc=svc.nstore.all&u=https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=5056014
    https://ridibooks.com/books/3228022715?_s=search&_q=귀환했더니+신이+되었다&_rdt_sid=search&_rdt_idx=0

Synopsis:
    I was thrust into an unknown world by a god and forced to save it, under the promise that if I were successful in saving the world, I’d be sent back to my home…

However, after doing the god’s bidding, I was betrayed. With no other options left, I had to escape through a dimensional rift.

“Just you wait! I’ll definitely come back!”

That’s how I… Returned as a God.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. IzeeWeeb

IzeeWeeb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone knows who the two people on the cover are?

4. amaliajun

amaliajun [Gloomy White Cat]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I was about to make a spoiler thread but someone already make it huh.

Btw. I'm a reader of 500+ chapters. By this date the released chapter is about 770. I'm not the type to spill spoiler chronologically but by specific clue. So, please ask anything you want to know by quoting me.
    Yet, as the translated chapters still pretty early, I put some points about the novel. Not that big of spoiler, but can make you expect things from the novel.

• A pretty long novel. I mentioned it above it's still ongoing with almost 800 chapters and since this is serialized since 2020 then the writer updated almost everyday for two years! One arc eats about dozens of chapters, so kind of slow and a bit detailed description. It'll be a boring journey if it's not your taste.
    • Early arcs are a bit boring as it mostly building up the worldview and some double tracking(?). But. The journey after that is quite good! Especially the fighting scenes (purely my opinion as I read raw)
    • Different dimensions and timelines will play a lot later. So, it will felt like a mix of everything at first before the arc explaining it come.
    • Related to previous point, quite a lot of mystery to unravel. For example what's the tower? Who is Luciel? The heck with this timeline?
    • Those who like to compare with other novels like ORV or others, let me point out this. The system is different. ORV is like streaming system, this one is god agent-follower(?) system. Many people can get the power of one god, but the strength will be different for each class/grade(I forgot the term used). The highest position and most direct can even heard the god. Additionally, this one is under Hunter sub-genre(?). Tho, this will also mix other popular topics like Tower.

If you had started reading the novel, the one on the right with blue sword is Kang Han Kyul, the main MC. The left one will come out later but he plays a pretty big role and I had to mention him as the 2nd MC, Yoo Ji Han. You can expect that usual bromance in fantasy novels.

5. LayZhang

LayZhang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he already know the reason why the gods from the second world he went to want him dead?

6. amaliajun

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm... I'm not sure. At least not explicitly. Sometimes MC is depicted a bit dull for now and then, yet sometimes quite smart so...

7. IzeeWeeb

Reading List:
    Link
    is it bad that I read this novel cuz the cover characters are hot?

8. HarukiHafii

HarukiHafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course not, don't worry, it's not just you, me too... I read this novel because the characters on the cover are handsome

Can you please tell me? When Yoo ji Han know that MC is the soter?

9. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. amaliajun

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoo Ji Han is always suspicious about whether Kang Han Gyeol is related to Soter. Yet, he never really thought Han Gyeol=Soter until he found it out around chapter 400-500 I think. It's (Japan) Archipelago Arc. I can't explain simply how he found out because it really weave Han Gyeol's timeline and Yoo Ji Han's timeline and is related closely to the next arc.
    There is this case of drug for hunter that boost power. The downside is, if you'll turn into something like 'demon'(I think. I forgot... anyway, turn into something really gruesome yup). The Soter team got a mission to investigate this. From the investigation, an international elite high school is suspicious as the main distribution. So! The young looking Han Gyeol is sent to infiltrate as a sickly transfer student. Just to find out there is Kim Yu Han(a.k.a Yu Ji Han) already in the same class! Turns out, Yu Ji Han got a mission request/deal from the chairman of Hunter Association.
    Long story short, Han Gyeol get in touch with a dealer(that's a student) and in the end found culprits behind it. The drug is made from the flowers of a small 'devil' tree(perhaps? another one that I forgot the name) that need human and corpses as the food. After destroying this little tree, everyone realize there's a bigger problem. The root of the real devil tree, located in Japan, has arrived in Busan(a harbor city, the nearest from Tsushima Island of Japan). It destroyed most of Busan, as the tree is a kind of human eater and ecosystem destroyer. So, most hunters went to Busan in emergency. Especially to fix the barrier that can hold the roots from further destroying.
    Then Soter team and some other hunters went to the closed Japan through Tsushima with the help of one Vice Guild Master, that's turned out to be a Korean who escaped from the closed Japan, to somehow handle this cursed giant tree so Korea will be safe. Then, the Archipelago arc begin~
    In the same arc (Archipelago), it throws a big clue about Yoo Ji Han's identity. That is whether Yu Ji Han=Luciel, Soter's mentor in the medieval fantasy world.

Oof_Ash.Here, Micus and feng nao like this.
  11. HarukiHafii

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler hmm chapter 400, huh i have long way to go i'm still chapter 140.

If that's true, there's a chaotic bond between MC and jihan which makes me not sure where their relationship started.

12. Sydnacs

Sydnacs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel seems very promising but it only has 16 chap here in novelupdates where else can I read this???

13. HarukiHafii

Reading List:
    Link
    you can search the link in the first post but it's in version raw. If you want the link for the novel in version English, you can DM me.

14. IzeeWeeb

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda sad that this is not BL

Zena2003 likes this.
  15. Leyarte

Leyarte Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I knew more about this novel

16. Katsura Chizuru

Katsura Chizuru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do anyone know where can read chapter 28 in English

17. IzeeWeeb

Reading List:
    Link
  18. JumperGang75082

JumperGang75082 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does any website have MTL or do I have to translate it myself?

19. Oof_Ash.Here

Oof_Ash.Here A Fellow Reader & Writer

Reading List:
    Link
    Can somebody tell me if it’s possible that there are characters designs like Cha Seong-jin/Soter, Kang Han-gyeol, Park Si-woo, Choi Soo-hyun, Song Eun-young, Lee Eun-hee, Luciel/Yoo Ji-Han, Han Mi-rae, Kim Dasom—

I mean I kinda got the gist who’s who on the cover of 5 of the novel, but that’s just the ones outside of the Tower. I’m curious if there is any characters designs to imagine them through interactions or if possible fanarts.

Will be very grateful if someone were to share!

You can translate it yourself if you are on chrome since currently from what I know there isn’t MTL one for this one

20. Eliza Azkia

Eliza Azkia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello can i ask if there's any romance? If there's, who are the couple/ the main couple is?