Recommendations Switch CPs BL Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by If My Son Is Gay Ima Ship, Jun 23, 2022.

1. If My Son Is Gay Ima Ship

If My Son Is Gay Ima Ship Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for some BL Novels where the main or side couples are both a switch. Can someone please recommend me a few? It doesn't matter if you think the story is bad, good or not, just please write any switch cp BL Novels that you know.. thank you~

2. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out the Reversible Couple tag if you haven't already. My favorites are:
    Light Tea, Sweet Wine
    Gold Class Fighter
    Saye
    If you don't mind mtl, I highly recommend: Han Zigao, the Male Empress 男后韩子高 by 老花花 (302 ch). It's set during the Northern and Southern Dynasties, and tells the story of General Han Zigao and Chen Qian, Emperor Wen of Southern Chen.
    Edit: I recently came across A Man Brings Disaster to the Country 男儿祸国 by 暗夜珍珠 (49 ch), but I haven't read it yet. Apparently it's about Emperor Ai of Han and Dong Xian, who coined the term 'cut sleeve.' It does have the 互攻 (switch couple) tag though.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  3. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Later, I become the Royal Healer
    Fake slackers

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read till chapter 4, where they did it. And the age gap is 15years.
    Is this angst? Is there warning tag I should be concerned? Like rape?

5. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for asking! I should've mentioned the (many) issues this novel has...
    - The age gap between the leads is 15 years. The ML has a wife, concubines and children prior to meeting the MC, while the MC is pretty innocent at first but feels burdened by his father's pressure to marry and continue the family lineage.
    - There is dubious consent between the leads at most (imo), but there is reverse rape! The MC is drugged till comatose and raped by the ML's cousin, who ends up pregnant with the MCs child. Honestly, I hate this Ark with a passion.
    - The ML doesn't cheat on the MC, but after the MC thinks he did, he runs off to a brothel and has sex with two prostitutes. The upside of this is that it's the start of the 'switch couple' dynamic and develops their relationship into a more modern direction. Specifically, chapter 40 "I Am A Man As Well"
    - Also, this novel can get into lengthy historical tangents, explaining key events, characters, battles etc that occurred during the era. The author is pretty accurate as far as I can tell, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea to read 3 chapters about a simple rice dish wrapped in leaves being invented by the MLs uncle due to war shortages.
    To be honest, I understand if you'd like to stay clear of this novel. :sweating_profusely:

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The cousin is a woman?

7. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the cousin is a woman. She is the daughter of the ML's uncle Chen Baxian. There isn't any mpreg in the novel.

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The few chapters were quite...a bit realistic, the portrayal of a weak person must search and abide the strong to survive.
    I'll put this in my tab. (I have few open tabs of almost the same theme now, kingdom building sort of).
    And I cheated myself to read the few last chapters......how many children!!!!

Tsubaki - likes this.
  9. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late reply, the last few chapters are an alternative happy ending, in which Han Zigao lives happily ever after with Chen Qian, their friends, and their kids. The main plot ends with chapter 298 and is historically accurate.

Kaylee likes this.