Discussion What [existing real life] country do you want to live in?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bashful Mimosa, Jun 28, 2022.

?

You want to...

1. stay in my country.

2. go abroad and live there instead.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. :hmm:

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be worse. You could have been Finland. Which had a war with Russia when it was considered part of the Axis powers, then and another war when Russia flipped sides, thanks to Germany and now Finland had a war with the Allies. And it did not want to fight the Allies. lol.

3. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    AMEN
    [​IMG]

Belated colonial treason day btw

Mnotia likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    One year ago, I'd say the country my boyfriend lived at.

Well... He is my ex-boyfriend now, so that option is no good.

Uhn... Dunno. I like my current country, but if I had to choose a different one, I guess anything that was safe and had a weak currency could do. I earn in USD, so I need a country that has a weak currency to maintain myself.

I don't have anything in mind though, so my current country works out fine~

5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who does a bit of investing in the money market, the USD isn't really a good place to park your money, it's been on a downward spiral over the decades. A decent "safe" currency is the SGD, it's not going to give you huge returns but it is consistent and it's appreciated almost 50% vs the USD over the decades and most importantly, during times of financial crisis, it tends to weather the hit better than most currencies, something important since it's exactly these times that you need the buying power. The US has a budget problem it can't seem to solve and the debt keeps getting bigger and bigger.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I earn in USD. I don't put savings in USD nor do I invest in it. I just earn in it.

And well, my currency was 1.7x weaker than USD back when I was in elementary or middle school... Nowadays it's 5x weaker than USD, so... Well, I think USD is fine as far as I care! xD

Still, I can't do much about it if the exchange rate suddenly plummets and my currency suddenly becomes 3x weaker than USD. It will just mean that my salary was cut to 3/5 of its original value and there is nothing I can do about it.

So well, I'll just hope that the USD remains 5x stronger than my currency for as long as possible... If it drops, then it dropped. I'll have to handle it then~

Best thing I can do is try getting a 2nd job, which is something I'm working at, though I'll also be paid in USD for that one, so... Oh well~